Old 10-02-2003, 02:10 PM
Martin Sykes

Default Eucomis Bicolour - From seed

I germinated some seed from a Eucomis Bicolor (Pineapple Lily) last autumn
and within a couple of weeks I had 20 plants with one large glossy green
leaf each about 4" long. Since then they have stayed looking healthy but
have done nothing else. Is this normal and if so, when am I likely to see
them put on some more growth?

Martin

Old 11-02-2003, 12:42 AM
Michael Berridge

Martin Sykes wrote in message ...
I germinated some seed from a Eucomis Bicolor (Pineapple Lily) last

autumn
and within a couple of weeks I had 20 plants with one large glossy

green
leaf each about 4" long. Since then they have stayed looking healthy

but
have done nothing else. Is this normal and if so, when am I likely to

see
them put on some more growth?

That one leaf will be creating a root storage system. Many of that type
of perennial seem to take a long time to get a second leaf but they are
using the time to develop roots (can't remember if Eucomis is a corm or
rhizome).

Mike
www.british-naturism.org.uk

Eucomis comoso Wendy7 Garden Photos 0 20-07-2008 02:51 AM
Eucomis autumnalis - Pine Apple Lily Wendy7 Garden Photos 1 13-07-2007 04:41 PM
Eucomis bicolor - overwintering K United Kingdom 12 23-10-2003 11:42 PM
Eucomis Bicolor (Pineapple Lily) hhhouse Gardening 1 11-10-2003 11:42 PM
Eucomis bicolor K United Kingdom 4 03-03-2003 06:24 PM