Old 17-05-2005, 04:20 PM
Niall Smyth

Default couple of simple chili questions...

hi all

can i grow from start to finish indoors?

I sowed them in a general houseplant soil (Homebase)
I am now pricking out my seedlings.
I have innes2, is that better for growing on?
Do i feed with a tomato feed now or when it fruits?

Many thanks

niall

Old 17-05-2005, 04:51 PM
Mike Lyle

Niall Smyth wrote:
hi all

can i grow from start to finish indoors?

Certainly: if you've got a south-facing window you'll get better
results than growing them outdoors.

I sowed them in a general houseplant soil (Homebase)
I am now pricking out my seedlings.
I have innes2, is that better for growing on?

No need to be too particular: use whichever you like.

Do i feed with a tomato feed now or when it fruits?

Once a week, if you remember, after the first flowers open. A tomato
feed is best, but they really aren't fussy: one usually ends up with
too many, anyhow. To freeze the surplus, just chuck in a bag and into
the freezer -- no need for any other treatment.

--
Mike.

Old 17-05-2005, 08:26 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Niall Smyth" contains
these words:

hi all

can i grow from start to finish indoors?

Yes. Choose a nice light place, though. They will do better if you stand
the pots outside in a sunny position when all danger of frost is gone.

I sowed them in a general houseplant soil (Homebase)
I am now pricking out my seedlings.
I have innes2, is that better for growing on?
Do i feed with a tomato feed now or when it fruits?

When the plants are established, feed them. I grow mine in 5" pots.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 17-05-2005, 09:06 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Mike Lyle wrote:
Niall Smyth wrote:

Do i feed with a tomato feed now or when it fruits?

Once a week, if you remember, after the first flowers open. A tomato
feed is best, but they really aren't fussy: one usually ends up with
too many, anyhow. To freeze the surplus, just chuck in a bag and into
the freezer -- no need for any other treatment.

I don't - not even with several plants! But I make hell-fire sauce,
and am very fond of using that.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 17-05-2005, 09:30 PM
Phil L

Nick Maclaren wrote:
:: In article ,
:: Mike Lyle wrote:
::: Niall Smyth wrote:
:::
:::: Do i feed with a tomato feed now or when it fruits?
:::
::: Once a week, if you remember, after the first flowers open. A
::: tomato feed is best, but they really aren't fussy: one usually
::: ends up with too many, anyhow. To freeze the surplus, just chuck
::: in a bag and into the freezer -- no need for any other treatment.
::
:: I don't - not even with several plants! But I make hell-fire
:: sauce, and am very fond of using that.

I may have to make some of this myself - I've got about a dozen chilli
plants all about a foot high

--
If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs.