Old 22-05-2005, 08:25 AM
Malcolm

On Sat, 21 May 2005 22:44:18 +0100, wrote:

On Sat, 21 May 2005 19:00:42 +0100, Janet Baraclough
wrote:

The message
from
(Paula) contains these words:

On Sat, 21 May 2005 11:46:05 +0100, Jupiter
wrote:

What evidence is there that a contact herbicide with no residual
properties, inactive on ground contact, is destroying the planet?

Just google it and stop kidding yourselves, everything has a
consequence and most of it is completely uneccesary anyway.

The evidence you presented in this post says

Most of the studies identifying RoundUp's true toxicity are recent,
and certain areas of RoundUp's toxicity have yet to be thoroughly
studied. Case law involving RoundUp victims is almost non-existent
due to this lack of scientific information with which to prove
causation.

Do you understand that statement?

It is for these reasons that it is important to also look to anecdotal
information about RoundUp's toxicity to humans in order to develop a
full picture of the symptomology it causes.

Only, anecdotal evidence isn't a full picture of symptomology, or even
a reliable one.

When copying stuff en masse from American websites, you should be
aware that different formulations of Roundup are licensed for use in
the UK today, from formulations used in America several years ago.
Anecdotal evidence IN AMERICA about a different formulation used here,
is more or less meaningless.

GM crops are produced,marketed and eaten in the USA. But they are
not produced here, largely because the UK public declined to buy them.
Some UK supermarkets make a selling point of "no GM products in foods we
sell". So why are you quoting anecdotal, unproven, specifically American
food reports about consumption of GM foods, as if they relate to the
very different circumstances/consumption here in the UK?

I note that every single website you have quoted refers to reports and
research originating from other countries. Wouldn't it be more effective
to provide UK gardeners with UK research evidence, performed in the UK,
peer reviewed in the UK, relevant to UK climate, soils, conditions,
farming practices, forestry practices and UK products containing
glyphosate?

Janet

Janet.

Is one "Janet" not enough? :-))

I suspect what is toxic in the USA mught be toxic here.

Caroline Cox, scientific editor of the Northwest Coalition for
Alternatives to Pesticides has carried out an excellent study of the
hazards of Roundup.

From memory, it appears that some of the surfactants are more toxic
than the Glyphosate itself. In other words, it's the cocktail in
total that's the problem.

You can download "Glyphosate.pdf" from their website at
www.pesticide.org

My interest in this is that the fake conservationists use it :-(

Sadly some people are just too dumb to care whats good for them.
Old 22-05-2005, 09:26 AM
Janet Tweedy

In article , Jupiter
writes

I still have a stock of Gramoxone, requiring carefuland judicious use
-banned not because of destroying the planet but because of destroying
those humans idiotic enough to drink it.

I'd rather have a cup of tea thanks
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 22-05-2005, 09:30 AM
Janet Tweedy

In article , Mike Lyle
writes

Paula,
you're nuts?

I wasn't going to even bother to reply to her/him anyway Mike!
I hardly ever use chemicals but on the very rare occasions I do then I
try to balance things by being a gardener rather than patioing my garden
to the n'th degree.
Old 22-05-2005, 09:35 AM
Janet Tweedy

But it is a really good sprayer. You cold use it with nettle liquid
instead if you wanted

Old 22-05-2005, 10:45 AM
Paula

On Sun, 22 May 2005 09:30:27 +0100, Janet Tweedy
wrote:

In article , Mike Lyle
writes

Paula,
you're nuts?

I wasn't going to even bother to reply to her/him anyway Mike!
I hardly ever use chemicals but on the very rare occasions I do then I
try to balance things by being a gardener rather than patioing my garden
to the n'th degree.

Sadly probably untrue unless you're prepared to tell us how you deal
with snails, slugs, ants, rats, mice, birds etc try not to lie through
your goofy teeth.

Old 22-05-2005, 06:59 PM
Colin

On Sun, 22 May 2005 17:29:26 +0100, Janet Baraclough
wrote:

The message
from martin contains these words:

I suppose you know that reet is Dutch for an arsehole?

That would explain the excessive amount of bullshit :-) In "Shot in
the Foot" thread, Paula turns out to be Angus MacMillan in a dress.

Janet.

Why is it the usual arseholes, both male and female that use
pesticides/herbicides also turn out to be pro hunt nuts?

A connection between brain damage and chemical usage? I reckon so.
Old 24-05-2005, 09:44 AM
Janet Tweedy

In article , Paula
writes

Sadly probably untrue unless you're prepared to tell us how you deal
with snails, slugs, ants, rats, mice, birds etc try not to lie through
your goofy teeth.

Well I'll use this unhelpful remark to respond for the benefit of the
gardeners on this group, to say that we personally buy bird seed by 70
kilos in heavy sacks and fill 8 feeders every day, plus ground food and
table seed and peanuts. We also have a very large fat ball thing and
have all manner of birds from long tailed tits , sparrowhawks, magpies,
jays, and wrens to tree creepers, masses of sparrows, dunnocks,
woodpeckers, pigeons, turtle doves, doves, thrushes and a firecrest.

The frogs eat the slugs and snails, the rats and mice I don't see. We
have less monoculture in a tended garden than many agricultural areas.

Allowing ground elder and nettles to take over my garden would not allow
for berries and seeds, fruit and a lot of slugs and snails for the
wildlife.
--
Janet
Hedgerows & lawns
Old 24-05-2005, 11:38 AM
Chris Bacon

Janet Tweedy wrote:
In article , Paula
writes

Sadly probably untrue unless you're prepared to tell us how you deal
with snails, slugs, ants, rats, mice, birds etc try not to lie through
your goofy teeth.

Well I'll use this unhelpful remark to respond for the benefit of the
gardeners on this group,

I reckon "Paula" is an incarnation of an idiot troller who's hopped
over here from another group (possibly planet).

to say that we personally buy bird seed by 70
kilos in heavy sacks

Is this very much cheaper? Where can I get these?

and fill 8 feeders every day, plus ground food and
table seed and peanuts. We also have a very large fat ball thing

Fat balls. MUST RESIST.
Old 24-05-2005, 11:50 AM
Janet Tweedy

In article , Chris Bacon
writes

to say that we personally buy bird seed by 70 kilos in heavy sacks

Is this very much cheaper? Where can I get these?

I buy it from C J Wildbirdfoods. Certainly cheaper than RSPB and I buy
the no mess stuff so no dry chaff blowing about. The 70 comes in two 35
bags so it's not immovable.

and fill 8 feeders every day, plus ground food and table seed and
peanuts. We also have a very large fat ball thing

Fat balls. MUST RESIST.

Oh go on .......... spoil yourself

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
http://www.lancedal.demon.co.uk

Excellent Pump for sale on Ebay Mario Ponds (alternative) 0 16-02-2004 07:02 AM
Excellent Website Mel United Kingdom 0 31-01-2004 02:37 PM
Excellent Insect ID Website Adrian Jones United Kingdom 1 08-05-2003 09:56 PM
Excellent DIY CO2 reference! Dave M. Picklyk Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 27-04-2003 09:20 AM
garlic chives - an excellent slug trap Mike Gilmore United Kingdom 0 08-03-2003 07:45 AM