Old 21-05-2005, 12:49 PM
Andrew Newton

Default Hose reel

Any recommendations for a decent hose reel at a reasonable price. I'm not
interested in the hozelock thru flow style as I've had two & they always
leak after a short while, nor any that are sold complete with the hose.

Many thanks
Andrew

Old 21-05-2005, 01:42 PM
Stan The Man

My experience of the Hozelock 20 metre Auto Reel (the spring rewind
model that fixes to the wall) has been a very happy one. If there's an
easier to use, cleaner to use, more robust system around then I haven't
seen it.

However I wanted a longer hose this year so I added the 40 metre Fast
Cart - http://www.garden4less.co.uk/hozelock-fast-cart.asp - and then
added a 50 metre feeder hose to it so that I now have a 90 metre hose
on a very easy to move caddy -- and no drips!

The key thing for me with both of these is the way that the hose
rewinds evenly without having to manhandle it at all. It saves a lot of
hassle.
Old 21-05-2005, 01:50 PM
Brian

I have used the Hozelock Fast Reel 40m Wall Mounted for several years now and it works fine with no problems to date. Also can be found at the site reccomended by the previous replier.

--
brian
www.ashnookplants.co.uk

Old 21-05-2005, 10:53 PM
Alan Holmes

"Andrew Newton" wrote in message
Any recommendations for a decent hose reel at a reasonable price. I'm not
interested in the hozelock thru flow style as I've had two & they always
leak after a short while, nor any that are sold complete with the hose.

It doesn't look as though anyone has managed to find a hose reel without
the hose.

I've been looking for one for ages, and so far have found nothing,
although my expert son-in-law tells me they are avaiable on the net,
but I've yet to follow that path.

I have three hoses already, which are left over from broken hose reels!

If you try the web, and find something please let me know!

--
alan

reply to alan(dot)holmes27(at)virgin(dot)net

Old 22-05-2005, 12:50 AM
Stan The Man

In article , Alan Holmes
wrote:

"Andrew Newton" wrote in message
Any recommendations for a decent hose reel at a reasonable price. I'm not
interested in the hozelock thru flow style as I've had two & they always
leak after a short while, nor any that are sold complete with the hose.

It doesn't look as though anyone has managed to find a hose reel without
the hose.

I've been looking for one for ages, and so far have found nothing,
although my expert son-in-law tells me they are avaiable on the net,
but I've yet to follow that path.

I have three hoses already, which are left over from broken hose reels!

If you try the web, and find something please let me know!

You just need to try harder: the Hozelock 2420, 2397 and 2398 are
respectively a wall-mounted reel, a freestanding reel and a cart, all
sold without hose. See:

http://www.tooled-up.com/Product.asp?PID=121972
http://www.tooled-up.com/Product.asp?PID=121967
http://www.garden4less.co.uk/proddetail.asp?prod=2398

McClane reel vs. Trimmer reel mower? Shade Lawns 0 23-06-2006 07:23 AM
garden hose reel Ghislain Gardening 1 03-09-2003 09:22 AM
Winterized hose reel? Some One Gardening 4 05-08-2003 04:12 AM
ISO: Hose reel with brass fittings David Gibbs Lawns 3 28-07-2003 06:02 PM
ISO: Hose reel with brass fittings David Gibbs Gardening 4 28-07-2003 06:02 PM