Old 09-06-2005, 10:47 AM
Stephen Howard

On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 07:19:47 +0100, Alan Gould
wrote:

In article , Stephen Howard
writes
Alan, I had a look - HDRA is mentioned in an advisory role with regard
to the contents of the bag.

Thanks for checking, but it hardly sounds like a ringing endorsement.

More like a small 'ding'.

They seem, so far, to be working quite well. The six toms I planted up
are growing away nicely.

Regards,

www.shwoodwind.co.uk
Old 09-06-2005, 06:51 PM
Alan Gould

In article , Stephen Howard
writes

They seem, so far, to be working quite well. The six toms I planted up
are growing away nicely.

Good!

FWIW we don't use growbags we grow our tomatoes either in the floor of
the greenhouse, or outside in a veggy bed. They seem to do a lot better
that way, but the usual precautions regarding crop rotation have to be
observed, especially if potatoes, peppers or aubergines are grown.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.
Old 12-06-2005, 11:36 AM
mike. buckley

In message , Alan Gould
writes
In article , Stephen Howard
writes

They seem, so far, to be working quite well. The six toms I planted up
are growing away nicely.

Good!

FWIW we don't use growbags we grow our tomatoes either in the floor of
the greenhouse, or outside in a veggy bed. They seem to do a lot better
that way, but the usual precautions regarding crop rotation have to be
observed, especially if potatoes, peppers or aubergines are grown.

My Toms in the growbags have pretty much stopped growing, with the
bottom leaves turning pale. I gave them a feed of Tomorite yesterday,
hopefully this will pick them up.
My bush Toms in pots aren't doing great either. :-(

--
Mike Buckley
RD350LC2
Old 12-06-2005, 01:48 PM
Alan Gould

In article , mike.
buckley writes

My Toms in the growbags have pretty much stopped growing, with the
bottom leaves turning pale. I gave them a feed of Tomorite yesterday,
hopefully this will pick them up.
My bush Toms in pots aren't doing great either. :-(

Tomorite will not help tomatoes which are doing poorly. The problem
could be either over-watering, poor drainage or insufficient light.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.