Old 03-03-2003, 02:45 PM
Lazarus Cooke

Default killing sycamores

When the squatters next door are evicted (I'm told it may happen in the
next month or so - last time they came back) I'm thinking of nipping
over the fence into the garden and cutting down the sycamore saplings
which spring up all over the place round here, and which are
threatening to overshade my garden completely.

If I cut them down, how do I kill the stump?

Lazarus
Old 04-03-2003, 04:11 PM
don

"Lazarus Cooke" wrote in message
When the squatters next door are evicted (I'm told it may happen in the
next month or so - last time they came back) I'm thinking of nipping
over the fence into the garden and cutting down the sycamore saplings
which spring up all over the place round here, and which are
threatening to overshade my garden completely.

If I cut them down, how do I kill the stump?

Lazarus

Use SBK brushwood killer. Drill a hole down centre of trunk and fill with
killer.

Old 04-03-2003, 07:05 PM
Lazarus Cooke

In article , don
wrote:

"Lazarus Cooke" wrote in message
When the squatters next door are evicted (I'm told it may happen in the
next month or so - last time they came back) I'm thinking of nipping
over the fence into the garden and cutting down the sycamore saplings
which spring up all over the place round here, and which are
threatening to overshade my garden completely.

If I cut them down, how do I kill the stump?

Lazarus

Use SBK brushwood killer. Drill a hole down centre of trunk and fill with
killer.

Many thanks. Don't think I'm anti-tree - I love the things.

Lazarus
Old 05-03-2003, 04:23 PM

"Lazarus Cooke" wrote in message
When the squatters next door are evicted (I'm told it may happen in the
next month or so - last time they came back) I'm thinking of nipping
over the fence into the garden and cutting down the sycamore saplings
which spring up all over the place round here, and which are
threatening to overshade my garden completely.

If I cut them down, how do I kill the stump?

I used a stump grinding machine, which reduced a 15" diameter stump to a
pile of wood chips. Fortunately, I had road access, which allowed me to get
a mini-digger mounted one in, but you can hire hand-held versions, which
should be fine for saplings.

Colin Bignell

Old 05-03-2003, 04:38 PM
Lazarus Cooke

Further thanks

Sycamores Brooklyn1 Gardening 1 17-08-2011 09:44 PM
getting rid of sycamores KatherineF Gardening 6 08-05-2008 06:09 PM
Sycamores leaves turning Blue Gardening 3 01-09-2004 12:18 AM
Planting under common sycamores Mike United Kingdom 5 24-07-2004 12:18 PM
medium sized tree to replace two sycamores......... gaychub United Kingdom 2 15-06-2004 01:06 PM