Old 05-03-2003, 08:57 AM
miklol

Default bulbs in pots

I have planted spring flowering bulbs in tubs and have a lovely show,but
what do I do next ?
I want the bulbs to multiply and to use the tubs for summer plants, but
first there is not a lot of room for
the extra bulbs and next not a lot of room for plants. If I remove the
bulbs, will they multiply (and how
do I store them)? Any help please,

Old 05-03-2003, 09:08 AM
Liveforthelittlejoys

I remove mine to a patch on the allotment after they die back. If you don't
have a spare patch of ground, you must first let them die back naturally.
When they have died back you can empty them out and dry them off and keep in
a paper bag in a cool, dry room until it's time to plant again

"miklol" wrote in message
: I have planted spring flowering bulbs in tubs and have a lovely show,but
: what do I do next ?
: I want the bulbs to multiply and to use the tubs for summer plants, but
: first there is not a lot of room for
: the extra bulbs and next not a lot of room for plants. If I remove the
: bulbs, will they multiply (and how
: do I store them)? Any help please,
:
:
:

Old 05-03-2003, 09:13 AM
Jack

I let mine die back for as long as I can possibly stand looking at them!
Then I dig them up and store them in a bag in the garage.

Do you know if they multiply if they're stored that way, though?

Thanks

"Liveforthelittlejoys" wrote in
message ...

Old 05-03-2003, 10:17 AM
AWM

"Jack" wrote in message
I let mine die back for as long as I can possibly stand looking at them!
Then I dig them up and store them in a bag in the garage.

Do you know if they multiply if they're stored that way, though?

Thanks

Shouldn't make any difference as any activity should stop after they have
died back.
The normal method of increasing the number of naturalised bulbs is to dig
them up after they die back split up clusters of bulbs and replant futher
apart.

You can plant them in pots and bury the pot complete with bulb either in
the ground or in a larger container then after flowering is over lift the
pot complete and allow the daff or what ever to die back in a less
conspicuous place.