Old 29-06-2005, 08:08 PM
Lisa

Default Hello

Thought I should post and say hello. I was a sometime poster here about
3 years ago (more questions than answers of course) before we went to
live in Japan. Am now back in my (now very neglected) old garden in
Warrington: some bits have gone all jungly while others are now almost
completely bare. I look forward to getting to know you all again
Lisa

Old 29-06-2005, 09:14 PM
Charlie Pridham

"Lisa" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thought I should post and say hello. I was a sometime poster here about
3 years ago (more questions than answers of course) before we went to
live in Japan. Am now back in my (now very neglected) old garden in
Warrington: some bits have gone all jungly while others are now almost
completely bare. I look forward to getting to know you all again
Lisa

Welcome back, which bit of Japan were you living in?

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Old 29-06-2005, 09:15 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message .com
from "Lisa" contains these words:

Thought I should post and say hello. I was a sometime poster here about
3 years ago (more questions than answers of course) before we went to
live in Japan. Am now back in my (now very neglected) old garden in
Warrington: some bits have gone all jungly while others are now almost
completely bare. I look forward to getting to know you all again

Welcome home.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 29-06-2005, 10:03 PM
June Hughes

In message .com, Lisa
writes
Thought I should post and say hello. I was a sometime poster here about
3 years ago (more questions than answers of course) before we went to
live in Japan. Am now back in my (now very neglected) old garden in
Warrington: some bits have gone all jungly while others are now almost
completely bare. I look forward to getting to know you all again
Lisa

Nice to see you back. Hope you have some success with the garden before
autumn. Next year it will be lovely again.
--
June Hughes
Old 29-06-2005, 11:27 PM
Lisa

Charlie Pridham wrote:
Welcome back, which bit of Japan were you living in?

Right in Tokyo; it was fantastic. I had a gorgeous little Japanese
garden that I didn't dare touch! Despite it being the size of a postage
stamp, a team of 5 turned up twice a year to trim it with what looked
like nail scissors...perfection.
Lisa
PS There's an old photo of it here if you are interested:
http://turquoise.blogspot.com/2002_0....html#78998055

Old 30-06-2005, 12:08 AM
Dwayne

I hope you learned to eat Japanese daikon, and decide to grow it. I raise
it in raised rows, and plant the seeds in July. Biggest radishes I have
ever grown.

Dwayne

oups.com...

Old 30-06-2005, 08:18 AM
June Hughes

In message . com, Lisa
writes

Charlie Pridham wrote:
Welcome back, which bit of Japan were you living in?

Right in Tokyo; it was fantastic. I had a gorgeous little Japanese
garden that I didn't dare touch! Despite it being the size of a postage
stamp, a team of 5 turned up twice a year to trim it with what looked
like nail scissors...perfection.
Lisa
PS There's an old photo of it here if you are interested:
http://turquoise.blogspot.com/2002_0....html#78998055

It is lovely.
--
June Hughes
Old 30-06-2005, 10:49 AM
Lisa

Really? Where do you get the seed? I'd love to grow it (the sprouts are
yummy too, grown like cress) - and also shiso, if possible
Lisa

Old 30-06-2005, 01:11 PM
Kay

In article .com, Lisa
writes
Really? Where do you get the seed? I'd love to grow it (the sprouts are
yummy too, grown like cress) - and also shiso, if possible

It's really nice to be able to understand what a poster is talking about
without having to go back and open previous posts in the thread. If you
could quote just enough of the previous post for us to know what you're
referring to, it would be useful. Failing this, change the title to
something more informative! :-)

--
Kay

Old 30-06-2005, 04:23 PM
Totty

Lisa wrote:
Thought I should post and say hello. I was a sometime poster here about
3 years ago (more questions than answers of course) before we went to
live in Japan. Am now back in my (now very neglected) old garden in
Warrington: some bits have gone all jungly while others are now almost
completely bare. I look forward to getting to know you all again
Lisa

I feel I know you already...having spent a pleasant afternoon browsing
your Blog...:-) May I ask if your local "duck pond" is Ackers Pits, and
if your "viaduct" is the Cantilever or the mineral line arches at
Latchford Lock? Then I can place your garden when I read your posts.

Jo
Alicante Province (ex Hilltop Road)

Old 30-06-2005, 07:29 PM
Lisa

It's really nice to be able to understand what a poster is talking about
without having to go back and open previous posts in the thread. If you

could quote just enough of the previous post for us to know what you're

referring to, it would be useful. Failing this, change the title to
something more informative! :-)

Um yes, sorry. Am just trying to get to grips with the google groups
format (anyone else using it?) and can't find a "quote" button. Have
cut and pasted by hand here - hope that has worked, only I think I have
lost your 'written by'. I'll figure out a better way.

Old 30-06-2005, 07:31 PM
Lisa

Totty wrote:
I feel I know you already...having spent a pleasant afternoon browsing
your Blog...:-) May I ask if your local "duck pond" is Ackers Pits, and
if your "viaduct" is the Cantilever or the mineral line arches at
Latchford Lock? Then I can place your garden when I read your posts.

Hello. Yes, Ackers Pits is my duck pond, and my viaduct is the disused
raileway one near the locks, which is literally my garden wall. (What's
a mineral line?)
Small world!
Lisa

Old 30-06-2005, 07:53 PM
Mike Lyle

Lisa wrote:
It's really nice to be able to understand what a poster is talking
about

without having to go back and open previous posts in the thread. If
you

could quote just enough of the previous post for us to know what
you're

referring to, it would be useful. Failing this, change the title to
something more informative! :-)

Um yes, sorry. Am just trying to get to grips with the google

groups
format (anyone else using it?) and can't find a "quote" button.

Have
cut and pasted by hand here - hope that has worked, only I think I
have lost your 'written by'. I'll figure out a better way.

No need to figu try this. Instead of "Reply", click "Show
options". You then find a "Reply" at the bottom of the header
displayed. If you click that, you get automatic editable quotations.
I have no idea why they haven't fixed it.

They don't seem to have an automatic signature-putter-inner, so if
you can be bothered it slightly helps other readers if you go "hyphen
hyphen space return" before adding your name. This means your sig
won't appear in the OE reply window.

--
Mike.

Old 30-06-2005, 07:56 PM
Totty

Lisa wrote:
Totty wrote:

Hello. Yes, Ackers Pits is my duck pond, and my viaduct is the disused
raileway one near the locks, which is literally my garden wall. (What's
a mineral line?)
Small world!

The "mineral line" was used by trains carrying coal, steel, chemicals
and such for use by Crossfields (Lever Bros), Laportes, Rylands,
British Hydraulics, British Aluminium et al in the days of my yoof when
Warrington was a town of many parts.....and many and varied pongs...a
far-carrying mixture of soap, gin and rotting hides being trundled down
Bridge Street in open lorries.

Jo

Old 30-06-2005, 07:59 PM
Totty

Lisa wrote:

Um yes, sorry. Am just trying to get to grips with the google groups
format (anyone else using it?) and can't find a "quote" button. Have
cut and pasted by hand here - hope that has worked, only I think I have
lost your 'written by'. I'll figure out a better way.

Instead of using the Reply button at the bottom of the post, use the
reply button revealed by clicking on "show options" at the top.

Jo

Hello??? KnotHead Lawns 2 31-03-2003 04:32 PM
[IBC] Hello from Japan (and some questions) Becca Ridout Bonsai 0 16-02-2003 05:03 AM
[IBC] Hello Again Craig Cowing Bonsai 3 15-02-2003 03:15 AM
[IBC] Hello & Ficus Benjamina Iris Cohen Bonsai 0 29-01-2003 02:56 AM
[IBC] Hello & Ficus Benjimina Richard Jeffery Bonsai 0 29-01-2003 01:42 AM