Old 02-03-2007, 11:20 PM posted to aus.gardens

Default goggle maps ???

g'day friends,

just been looking at this google maps site:

http://maps.google.com.au/?ie=UTF8&z=3&om=1

big question these pictures are around 3 or 4 maybe even more years
old.

1.. is there anyway to date the pictures/maps?

2.. is there a more up to date program available.

for me something like this should be able to provide information a
whole lot younger than app' 4 years ago.

len

With peace and brightest of blessings,

len

--
"Be Content With What You Have And
A World That You May Not Understand."

http://www.lensgarden.com.au/
Old 02-03-2007, 11:36 PM posted to aus.gardens

len garden wrote:
g'day friends,

just been looking at this google maps site:

http://maps.google.com.au/?ie=UTF8&z=3&om=1

big question these pictures are around 3 or 4 maybe even more years
old.

1.. is there anyway to date the pictures/maps?

2.. is there a more up to date program available.

for me something like this should be able to provide information a
whole lot younger than app' 4 years ago.

len

With peace and brightest of blessings,

len

--
"Be Content With What You Have And
A World That You May Not Understand."

http://www.lensgarden.com.au/

Day Len,
Yes Pay for the program should see some improvement.
After all it would be nice to see your veggies grow from the satellite.
A block of units were being built locally and they did not appear on the
viewer till about 2 years later.
Regards Jonno
Old 03-03-2007, 03:43 AM posted to aus.gardens

On Mar 3, 10:20 am, len garden wrote:
g'day friends,

just been looking at this google maps site:

http://maps.google.com.au/?ie=UTF8&z=3&om=1

big question these pictures are around 3 or 4 maybe even more years
old.

1.. is there anyway to date the pictures/maps?

2.. is there a more up to date program available.

Try this

http://imagery.maps.nsw.gov.au/#

David

Old 03-03-2007, 04:44 AM posted to aus.gardens

That'll be good but I have been checking out real estate in the SE of SA.
When I get serious about moving from this God forsaken hole called NSW, I'll
probably pay for the Google site.
Cheers, Pete

oups.com...

Old 03-03-2007, 10:47 AM posted to aus.gardens

"Potaroo" wrote in message
That'll be good but I have been checking out real estate in the SE of SA.
When I get serious about moving from this God forsaken hole called NSW,
I'll
probably pay for the Google site.

gasp!! i had to live in the act for 18 months, i could NOT wait to get back
to my beloved home state! (although i call it "the police state", not "the
premier state" - it's got its drawbacks g )
kylie

Old 03-03-2007, 07:05 PM posted to aus.gardens

g'day david,

it seems i need a special plugin to read the images, one that i have
neither heard of before or have ever had to use.

also wonder if there is a qld version?

snipped

Old 04-03-2007, 12:46 AM posted to aus.gardens

On Mar 4, 6:05 am, len garden wrote:
g'day david,

it seems i need a special plugin to read the images, one that i have
neither heard of before or have ever had to use.

I may have given you the URL that you start from if you already have
the plugin. If you start back up the hierarchy at

http://www.lands.nsw.gov.au/

it should offer to install it for you. Don't worry it is quite
benign, although it will take a little while.

Of course if you are on dial-up any of these mapping services are
going to require making tea between refreshes. You will have time for
toast as well if you are not in the Big Smoke and your lines are poor.

also wonder if there is a qld version?

Sorry I had forgotten that it is State based. Try here

http://www.nrw.qld.gov.au/property/mapping/index.html

to see if they do the same sort of thing free online for QLD. Or
maybe it is just the Premier (Police?) State that does such things for
its people.

David

Old 04-03-2007, 06:02 AM posted to aus.gardens

In article ,
"0tterbot" wrote:

gasp!! i had to live in the act for 18 months, i could NOT wait to get back
to my beloved home state! (although i call it "the police state", not "the
premier state" - it's got its drawbacks g )

The police state? But we haven't elected Peter Debnam yet...

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue
Old 04-03-2007, 10:10 AM posted to aus.gardens

"Chookie" wrote in message
In article ,
"0tterbot" wrote:

gasp!! i had to live in the act for 18 months, i could NOT wait to get
back
to my beloved home state! (although i call it "the police state", not
"the
premier state" - it's got its drawbacks g )

The police state? But we haven't elected Peter Debnam yet...

if he gets in all the number plates will say "nsw - the premier gulag" g
(or perhaps "nsw - round them all up & charge them with anything!") ("nsw -
the first australian penal colony, and still the best!")

isn't it encouraging to think that even 10 year olds might be denied
standard democratic process? about time they were treated like the rest of
us, by jingo!!!1
kylie

Old 04-03-2007, 10:52 AM posted to aus.gardens

0tterbot wrote:
"Chookie" wrote in message
In article ,
"0tterbot" wrote:

gasp!! i had to live in the act for 18 months, i could NOT wait to get
back
to my beloved home state! (although i call it "the police state", not
"the
premier state" - it's got its drawbacks g )

The police state? But we haven't elected Peter Debnam yet...

if he gets in all the number plates will say "nsw - the premier gulag" g
(or perhaps "nsw - round them all up & charge them with anything!") ("nsw -
the first australian penal colony, and still the best!")

isn't it encouraging to think that even 10 year olds might be denied
standard democratic process? about time they were treated like the rest of
us, by jingo!!!1
kylie

Er the police state? Wish they would. Unfortunately anything they do
state is thoroughly unbelievable at times.

Old 04-03-2007, 10:59 AM posted to aus.gardens

Jonno wrote:

0tterbot wrote:

"Chookie" wrote in message

In article ,
"0tterbot" wrote:

gasp!! i had to live in the act for 18 months, i could NOT wait to
get back
to my beloved home state! (although i call it "the police state",
not "the
premier state" - it's got its drawbacks g )

The police state? But we haven't elected Peter Debnam yet...

if he gets in all the number plates will say "nsw - the premier gulag"
g (or perhaps "nsw - round them all up & charge them with
anything!") ("nsw - the first australian penal colony, and still the
best!")

isn't it encouraging to think that even 10 year olds might be denied
standard democratic process? about time they were treated like the
rest of us, by jingo!!!1
kylie

Er the police state? Wish they would. Unfortunately anything they do
state is thoroughly unbelievable at times.

Hah ! are they any different in NSW to any other state/territory ?

Which, of course, has nothing to do with gardening - unless they are
stopping the rain from falling - too much hot air perhaps ?

I just wish they would get the Murray sorted....

--
Anne Chambers,
South Australia
Old 04-03-2007, 01:07 PM posted to aus.gardens

wrote:

Try this

http://imagery.maps.nsw.gov.au/#

Very nice. I tried to see if there was a Victorian version but had no
luck. (I just changed the nsw in that link to vic but nup.)

I just noticed too, that www.whereis.com are doing satellite images -
there's a new button to click (lower left hand side) and it's good but
the refresh rate when moving about isn't that crash hot yet.

Maybe this is old news, I dunno, maybe it's been common knowledge for a
while but I only found it today.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:27 PM posted to aus.gardens

Linda H wrote:
wrote:

Try this

http://imagery.maps.nsw.gov.au/#

Very nice. I tried to see if there was a Victorian version but had no
luck. (I just changed the nsw in that link to vic but nup.)

I just noticed too, that www.whereis.com are doing satellite images -
there's a new button to click (lower left hand side) and it's good but
the refresh rate when moving about isn't that crash hot yet.

Maybe this is old news, I dunno, maybe it's been common knowledge for a
while but I only found it today.

The Victorian version Here it tis.
Use the force !!!

http://services.land.vic.gov.au/land...veMapIntro.jsp

Old 04-03-2007, 07:41 PM posted to aus.gardens

The NSW Government takes air photos of the entire state on a rolling five
year program . These are the photos google uses.

chris
Old 05-03-2007, 12:31 AM posted to aus.gardens

Jonno wrote:

The Victorian version Here it tis.
Use the force !!!

http://services.land.vic.gov.au/land...veMapIntro.jsp