Old 27-02-2010, 02:39 PM posted to aus.gardens

Default To those of a sensitive nature please don't read

Rod Speed wrote:
Terryc wrote
Linda wrote

What's the quickest way to humanely do this?

cruel heartless ******* warning lol, wait till you have to do a cat.
Trying to bust their head with a sledge just busts your path up.

There isn't really a "humane" way.

Yes there is. Gassing them with the car exhaust is the official humane way.

Bullshite you sadistic *******

Old 27-02-2010, 05:54 PM posted to aus.gardens

John Morrison wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Terryc wrote
Linda wrote

What's the quickest way to humanely do this?

cruel heartless ******* warning lol, wait till you have to do a cat.
Trying to bust their head with a sledge just busts your path up.

There isn't really a "humane" way.

Yes there is. Gassing them with the car exhaust is the official humane way.

Could you please identify your source of the official humane way?

http://www.indianmynaaction.org.au/protocol.htm

Going back a few years I had a Labrador Bitch who used
to capture and retrieve Rabbits that were always still alive
and without a tooth mark when she handed them to me and
I had to wring their necks or otherwise they would run off.

Sure, the gassing was just for those too squeamish to wring necks.

Old 27-02-2010, 10:07 PM posted to aus.gardens

On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 00:39:13 +1000, atec 77 "atec 77 wrote:

There isn't really a "humane" way.

Yes there is. Gassing them with the car exhaust is the official humane way.

Bullshite you sadistic *******

Rod's mother's surname was Degesch and his father's name was Walter Heerdt before he made
a speedy getaway and changed his name.

Old 27-02-2010, 10:23 PM posted to aus.gardens

atec 77" "atec 77 wrote:
Rod Speed wrote:
Terryc wrote
Linda wrote

What's the quickest way to humanely do this?

cruel heartless ******* warning lol, wait till you have to do a
cat. Trying to bust their head with a sledge just busts your path
up.

There isn't really a "humane" way.

Yes there is. Gassing them with the car exhaust is the official
humane way.

Bullshite you sadistic *******

Obviously you and RS have some issues but back to the matter at hand, what
evidence do you have that this is sadistic? Let's have some facts instead
of the ad hominem attack.

David

Old 28-02-2010, 12:52 AM posted to aus.gardens

David Hare-Scott wrote:
atec 77" "atec 77 wrote:
Rod Speed wrote:
Terryc wrote
Linda wrote

What's the quickest way to humanely do this?

cruel heartless ******* warning lol, wait till you have to do a
cat. Trying to bust their head with a sledge just busts your path
up.

There isn't really a "humane" way.

Yes there is. Gassing them with the car exhaust is the official
humane way.

Bullshite you sadistic *******

Obviously you and RS have some issues but back to the matter at hand,
what evidence do you have that this is sadistic? Let's have some facts
instead of the ad hominem attack.

David

David, please don't open up this discussion! I think we can all imagine
where it'll be heading.

FWIW, our vet told me a humane way to dispatch a reptile is to put it in
the fridge for a while and then, when it's torpid, in the freezer. You
wouldn't do that for a bird or mammal, but it works for reptiles like
damaged lizards or road-victim tortoises. Always make sure you put the
creature into a few plastic bags because moribund reptiles do smell awful!

--
Trish Brown {|:-}

Newcastle, NSW, Australia

Old 28-02-2010, 02:54 AM posted to aus.gardens

Kingpin wrote:
On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 00:39:13 +1000, atec 77 "atec 77 wrote:

There isn't really a "humane" way.
Yes there is. Gassing them with the car exhaust is the official humane way.

Bullshite you sadistic *******

Rod's mother's surname was Degesch and his father's name was Walter Heerdt before he made
a speedy getaway and changed his name.

http://www.all-creatures.org/aro/nl-20011128-bar.html
just google how barbaric car exhaust gassing is
suitable only for speedy in this instance
Old 28-02-2010, 04:44 AM posted to aus.gardens

On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 11:52:16 +1100, Trish Brown wrote:

FWIW, our vet told me a humane way to dispatch a reptile is to put it in
the fridge for a while and then, when it's torpid, in the freezer. You
wouldn't do that for a bird or mammal, but it works for reptiles like
damaged lizards or road-victim tortoises. Always make sure you put the
creature into a few plastic bags because moribund reptiles do smell awful!

And don't forget to remove them after or you might have them for dinner!

Old 10-05-2010, 04:39 PM posted to aus.gardens

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
Linda wrote:
This morning my cat attacked a dove, the wing had been destroyed, I
believed the dove was dead. so I put it in a plastic bag.
Later in the morning my daughter went to put it in the bin!
Unfortunately it was alive. She screamed out to me.
I (deep breath) tried to wring it's neck, didn't work, so I hit it's
neck with a spade the sand was too soft. Finally on the paving it was
over. I can't stop crying. I just wish I could have done a quick job.
What's the quickest way to humanely do this?
I don't have a man in my life so I have to face this on my own...
Thankyou for your help
Linda Perth WA

Most of us don't have much practice killing things so when it becomes
necessary to dispatch small animals or birds or goldfish it can be a
problem. Lacking such practice swinging an implement accurately to do the
job in one hit can be hard. The answer is don't swing it, place it. Dig
a grave and place the bird in it. Take your spade and place the edge
(your spade does have sharp edge doesn't it) across the neck and then
quickly apply your best foot strongly as if you were cutting turf. Fill
in the hole. This will work first time every time and not leave a mess.

David

If one person holds the chinese chopper, axe or large kitchen knife just
above the injured animal's neck and another person then hits the top of the
implement with a piece of wood, you get an accurate and hefty cut delivered.
About as humane as you can get I would guess.