Old 09-05-2004, 03:06 AM
Andrew G

Default Movement activated Sprinkler

"John Savage" wrote in message
om...
"Andrew G" writes:
The problem we have here is a stray dog, to the point of being unable to
comfortably use the backyard for fear of safety of our daughter.
Numerous legal methods have failed including speaking with owner and even
tying message around dogs neck for owner.

Can you tie the dog up, then phone the pound to come and collect a
stray/wandering dog? Or take it to the pound yourself? The owners will
then have to pay to get their pooch back, or else lose it.

Good idea, and it wasn't something I thought of.
It would be possible to do as I have managed to tie a note to it. Although
the dog doesn't seem too savage, it does get a little more excited when the
toddler is about..
Thanks and will be trying it this evening.

Old 13-05-2004, 03:09 AM
John Savage

news:040509000103414.09May04$rookswood@suburbian. com...
Can you tie the dog up, then phone the pound to come and collect a
stray/wandering dog? Or take it to the pound yourself? The owners will
then have to pay to get their pooch back, or else lose it.

Good idea, and it wasn't something I thought of.
It would be possible to do as I have managed to tie a note to it. Although
the dog doesn't seem too savage, it does get a little more excited when the

FOOD! That's what gets a dog's tail wagging.(Don't let anyone see you
feeding it or they may claim you've been enticing the dog to keep
revisiting your property so you could just complain!) A few scraps off
your dinner or lunch meat will do. Or keep a packet of dry dog food on
hand for when you need to take the dog's mind off that rope you're putting
on him.

Old 13-05-2004, 12:08 PM
Andrew G

"John Savage" wrote in message

FOOD! That's what gets a dog's tail wagging.(Don't let anyone see you
feeding it or they may claim you've been enticing the dog to keep
revisiting your property so you could just complain!) A few scraps off
your dinner or lunch meat will do. Or keep a packet of dry dog food on
hand for when you need to take the dog's mind off that rope you're putting
on him.

Hi John,
It worked, kinda, well the prep did :-(.
I got the dog yesterday evening, no food needed. I got home from work,
waited, it came over, I chained it up and all good. Rang the council, they
contacted me back and said the catcher would be over about 4.15pm.
So after 30mins of the dog being tied up with no probs, 4.15pm came. A long
story short it came to 5pm, and the dog started whinging, by 5.30pm it was
still going, so I let it go, no catcher.
I start work at 6am, and when I got to my car about 5.30am, the dog was
around. I considered catching it then, and getting my fiance to ring the
council at 9, but didn't bother.
Lunchtime today my fiance rings me, telling me that the dog catcher came
around to get the dog.
Can you believe it? Roughly 19hrs later he turns up, and was suprised that
we didn't have it. Apparently he went to the house, no one was home, looked
in the back yard, then came back over and told the missus that he couldn't
see the dog. Well duh, the backyard of the dogs house is the last place you
will find the dog.
Anyway, he asked if I could do it again tomorrow. I might, it's Friday
afternoon and I will have bnetter things to do.

Old 17-05-2004, 12:04 PM
Andrew G

Hi all.

Well it worked,

I rang the council and actually got to speak to the catcher himself. I told
him I was going to get the dog this afternoon (already wandering around),
and could he please come and get it.
He offered to come catch it himself, and he did.
All done now.
And to the person who emailed with a fake address me saying I should have a
fenced in yard:
I do, and about a month ago finally went halves with the neighbour for the
final side of colourbond fence, but the fencing contractor had come down
with chicken pox or something like that, leaving us fenceless.
Still, it did not stop us from being able to enjoy the front yard, or patio
area.
And in reply to their question of I must be a cat lover?
No, I'm not, nor am I a dog lover. I have about the same feelings toward
both, that is I don't want either. The little one can decide when she gets
older if she wants either, but it will be hers to look after.
My experience with pets was cats, dogs, fish and a bird when I was younger,
and only the bird was the one I actually bought for myself, the others I
didn't really have much to do with, they were either older sisters/brothers
pets.

Old 24-05-2004, 02:02 PM
Raels

"Andrew G" wrote in message

"Lindsay Heinz" wrote in message
On Sun, 02 May 2004 20:46:19 +1000, Pat wrote:

I'd rather suggest that you approach your Local Council to find out
their attitude regarding wandering pets.

Council here just don't seem to care, or be around when dog is out.

Can't you nab the dog then call the Ranger?

Raelene
xxx