Old 20-02-2005, 08:17 PM
Michael W

Default Crickets in grass

We have discovered crickets in our lawn which chirp all night,they are more
annoying then anything but I would like to get rid of them. Any suggestions
pls.

Old 21-02-2005, 12:31 AM
len gardener

ah aint nature grand michael?

they won't do your grass any harm will aid with aeration and water
penetration.

enjoy

len

snipped
--
happy gardening

my e/mail addies have spam filters you should know what to delete before you send.
Old 21-02-2005, 06:58 AM
Chookie

In article ,
"Michael W" wrote:

We have discovered crickets in our lawn which chirp all night,they are more
annoying then anything but I would like to get rid of them. Any suggestions
pls.

1. Earplugs.

2. Psychotherapy of some kind. Crickets make lovely noises!

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"In Melbourne there is plenty of vigour and eagerness, but there is
nothing worth being eager or vigorous about."
Francis Adams, The Australians, 1893.
Old 21-02-2005, 07:27 AM
len gardener

love ya chookie,

hey i was gunna say pour a glass of any red and sit out ther under the
moon and enjoy nature but heck i pulled me punch. sometimes mate i
wonder what do people want the sound of screaming jets and thundering
trucks polluting the air we breathe or what hey???

all day i hear cicadas and birds and all night frogs night birds and
crickets love it beats the sounds of suburbia anyday.

len

snipped

Old 21-02-2005, 09:07 PM
Michael W

"len gardener" wrote in message
love ya chookie,

hey i was gunna say pour a glass of any red and sit out ther under the
moon and enjoy nature but heck i pulled me punch. sometimes mate i
wonder what do people want the sound of screaming jets and thundering
trucks polluting the air we breathe or what hey???

all day i hear cicadas and birds and all night frogs night birds and
crickets love it beats the sounds of suburbia anyday.

Sorry, I was tired when I wrote originally, of course I am not against
getting rid of them, while I enjoy their sounds it's just that they have
chosen to chirp right under our bedroom window which is a problem when I
work shift work. Apologies to all if I offended :-)

Old 22-02-2005, 01:26 AM
len gardener

sorry michael,

no offence taken can understand your problem maybe a good pair of
comfy ear plugs? with the onset of winter their chirping should cease
for the time.

just at times in modern lifestyles nature takes a very far back seat.

len

snipped

Old 23-02-2005, 01:53 PM
John Savage

"Michael W" writes:
We have discovered crickets in our lawn which chirp all night,they are more
annoying then anything but I would like to get rid of them. Any suggestions
pls.

If you can tolerate them for just a few more weeks they'll disappear of
their own accord because ..... brilliant line coming up .....

..... it will soon be the end of the cricket season!

Old 24-02-2005, 12:46 AM
len gardener

good one john lol,

what more needs to be said your talents are boundless.

lol

len

snipped

Old 27-02-2005, 05:09 AM
Chookie

In article ,
"Michael W" wrote:

Sorry, I was tired when I wrote originally, of course I am not against
getting rid of them, while I enjoy their sounds it's just that they have
chosen to chirp right under our bedroom window which is a problem when I
work shift work. Apologies to all if I offended :-)

In that case, I think the red wine *followed by* earplugs may be your best bet!

I suspect you'll find the sound of crickets is like living under the flight
path -- you do get used to the sound and it doesn't disturb you.

Old 27-02-2005, 08:03 AM
len gardener

yeh chookie,

like the sound of male cane toads to me mate especially in the wee
hours hate the damn things i reckon the dpi/csiro scientist who let
this plauge loose should be dragged though a scotch thistle field hey,
backwards with no nickers on.

in the burbs i've been know to get out of bed at say 2 am and go walk
a few hundred meters just to get one of them blighters.

but crickets na frogs are sleep material.

len

snipped
--
happy gardening

my e/mail addies have spam filters you should know what to delete before you send.

Crickets like beer and slugs seek revenge Heidi Gardening 25 25-08-2003 04:22 AM
1000's of Camel crickets Scott Downey Lawns 2 21-06-2003 05:32 PM
Toad song begins...crickets on speed Phyllis and Jim Hurley Ponds 7 06-04-2003 09:20 AM
Crickets Jim Australia 6 05-04-2003 06:37 AM
Crickets Jim Australia 7 12-03-2003 09:00 PM