Old 20-05-2003, 06:20 PM
ROBERT O'REILLY

Default BURY BAMBOO TO GROW?

i have heard that if you bury fresh cut bamboo in a shallow trench, it
will take root and sprout. has anyone here heard of or tried this form
of propogation? if it is so, does it work with all types? i.e clumping
for a boarder from the road, and running or timber, such as moso. i
live in southeast louisiana, appx 25 miles due south of new orleans.
see several varieties every day in my area, and all seem to be
thriving in our climate.(long hot and humid summers, mild damp
winters). are there any special preparations i should do if this
method is known to work? any info will be greatly appreciated.
Old 21-05-2003, 01:08 AM
ThomasG

My Suggestion would be to stop by a local nursery and see if they know what
types grow
best where your at. Sounds like you have perfect bamboo climate.
om...

Old 21-05-2003, 03:20 PM
Bri

That will not work with temperate types but I've heard that some
tropical will start like that.