Old 11-04-2003, 02:56 AM
Derek Zieminski

Default [IBC] Serissa's

I still don't understand exactly why so many people on this list dislike
serissa's. Yeah they may be said by some to be a tough plant to keep alive
and keep happy, but I still must be one of the luckiest around to have
successfully rooted them with no hassle, and keep them around. Or maybe its
just the teaching I have learned and personal concentration, donno. I even
have managed to get them to bloom their first year of rooting. Just a
thought on my mind. I will looking to post pictures on the site just as soon
as I get a chance to scan and post.
Derek
Summerville, SC
Zone 8A

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 11-04-2003, 03:20 AM
Iris Cohen

I still don't understand exactly why so many people on this list dislike
serissa's. Yeah they may be said by some to be a tough plant to keep alive
and keep happy, but I still must be one of the luckiest around to have
successfully rooted them with no hassle, and keep them around.

Serissas are extremely perverse. They obviously like you because you misuse the
apostrophe. ;-)
Since I am very particular about grammar & punctuation, mine just died from
being repotted. Keep up the good work.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)
Old 11-04-2003, 03:32 PM
Richard Zieminski

"Perverse" -- turned away from what is right or good: corrupt. incorrect or
improper. Obstinate in opposing what is right, reasonable, or accepted."

Well, ain't we a bit antagonistic to a person who can do what we are unable
to. I thought that we are here to learn and answer questions even it we have
to answer them a thousand times. Hint: compose a page that addresses the
serissa how too's, and then paste it to the questions you receive. oop's I
made an assumption:-).

Why are all of you attacking a person who is able to do what you obviously
cannot?

I for one would like to know how did you do it what are some of your tricks
of the trade.

Lets learn not condemn this nice tree.

Richard Zieminski
Summerville, SC

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 11-04-2003, 10:32 PM
Khaimraj Seepersad

Hello to All,
Richard,

Serissas,Squirrels, and a few other subjects are
the fun topics of this list.

Most of the discussion is not to be taken too seriously
whilst on these love-to-hate topics.

When it comes to troublesome plants for me it's
Bougainvillaeas,I just get near them and they
explode.Never been able to grow them successfully.
Followed by Too-Little,Grewia Caffra and just about
any juniper.

Now how about the little black and speckled bird
that loves to lift my protective fibre glass mosquito
mesh over my moss under my trees and throws
the green stuff all over the place.
I always envision him,with a lampshade hat on and half
tipsy having a ball or playing golf.
Khaimraj
[West Indies/Caribbean,
Sempre Spring Zone]

"Perverse" -- turned away from what is right or good: corrupt. incorrect or
improper. Obstinate in opposing what is right, reasonable, or accepted."

Well, ain't we a bit antagonistic to a person who can do what we are unable
to. I thought that we are here to learn and answer questions even it we

have
to answer them a thousand times. Hint: compose a page that addresses the
serissa how too's, and then paste it to the questions you receive. oop's I
made an assumption:-).

Why are all of you attacking a person who is able to do what you obviously
cannot?

I for one would like to know how did you do it what are some of your tricks
of the trade.

Lets learn not condemn this nice tree.

Richard Zieminski
Summerville, SC

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 12-04-2003, 03:44 PM
Richard Zieminski

Love the comment. THANKS.

But, a small thing exists on this list in some corners. Some topics yes are
fun and people poke jokes at the initiator. But some topics are taken way to
seriously and if one pokes jokes or offers a non-conventional opinion one is
slammed right off the list for being offensive, aggressive or what ever.

Some people on this list through stones but live in glass houses, truth be
known they don't even grow bonsai. No insult intended to the dedicated
beginners thru artists who post to this group and provide good information
and open discussion.

Yes, I can take a joke but some of the comments cut deep and the tone is
offensive.

;-)

Richard Zieminski

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 12-04-2003, 04:32 PM
Khaimraj Seepersad

Hello to All,

Richard,

this group since I have been on it would never win
the medal for pleasantries and friendliness.

I don't believe that is it's purpose either.

Still I enjoy the chats and rejoin every year after I
tend to my re-potting and New Year chores.
I guess one adapts.

Here's one for you though.From a personal point.
With regards to putting up images.I don't have a
high tech digital camera and trees based on domes
don't translate well into 2 dimensional images.
[ Even with Carl Rosner's help.]

Also,after all these years I only have about 10 or 15
trees that I would call Bonsai and am proud enough
to show.So after I post an image once,I tend to just
not bother as change is so minimal from year to year
as to be visually boring.
Then when they have grown out of the design [ 3 to 5
years] and after hard pruning,who would want to see
them for another 5 years or so.
I would be a bit embarrassed to show them at that
stage.

So I don't press anyone to show their trees.

AND YES some people use this list for other than Bonsai
reasons.I have had enough of the requests to come down
for a freebie holiday in the West Indies/The Caribbean, to
often not reply to letters of this nature.
But that's life on the Internet.
Khaimraj [ rolling with the blows.]
[ West Indies/The Caribbean
Sempre Spring Zone]

*Don't Grow Pouis,too much energy needed to get a passable
result !