Old 22-03-2004, 04:38 PM
Grillmann

Default Fukien Tea Losing Leaves Suddenly

My Fukien tea, which I just recently rescued from mealy bugs using Carl's
soap solution (thanks loads), has now suddenly began to lose leaves. A
large majority of the leaves have begun to turn dark green to black around
their edges, they are drying up and beginning to fall off. There is still
plenty of new growth, but I'm afraid something is seriously wrong for so
many leaves to be sick. Any ideas?

Gary

Old 22-03-2004, 08:08 PM
cam

Hi Gary:

Sorry to hear about the sick Fukien. Sounds like the tree is pretty
stressed out after the infestation and cleansing.

I would avoid fertilizing and place somewhere protected out of direct
sunlight and let it rest for a few weeks until it perks up.

P.S. What was the Carl's soap suggestion? I'm all for more
enviro-friendly pest control methods? Was it just soap and water? Or
were other ingredients used too? I've used soapy water with a hint of
amonia to rid roses of aphids. Worked like a charm.

Cam
Bonsai Chat
http://www.bonsaichat.com