Old 05-10-2004, 02:09 PM
Beckenbach, Jay

Default [IBC] 2004 Growing Season Summary

Now that the 2004 growing season is coming to an end, I am beginning to look
back on it. Here is my summary:

summer days, long, bright,
Charley, Frances, Ivan, Jeanne,
defoliation

I hope 2004 treated you and your plants well.

Have fun - jay

Jay Beckenbach - Melrose, FL - Zone 8b/9a -

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 05-10-2004, 02:50 PM
Marty Haber

A haiku - almost.

Old 05-10-2004, 03:30 PM
Beckenbach, Jay

aah, the joys of the learning curve toe!

My dictionary says "a Japanese poem or verse form consisting of 17 syllables
divided into 3 lines of 5, 7 and 5 syllables, often about nature or a
season." What was missing from the definition?

Thanks - jay

Old 05-10-2004, 03:49 PM
Kitsune Miko

Yes, but....it doesn't alwyas work by that definition
in English. Yours works for the moment, describes a
moment, is seasonal, but lacks that punch or twist
characteristic of haiku.

summer's warmth
quickly forgotton
frost on my soul

Kitsune Miko
--- "Beckenbach, Jay" wrote:

aah, the joys of the learning curve toe!

My dictionary says "a Japanese poem or verse form
consisting of 17 syllables
divided into 3 lines of 5, 7 and 5 syllables, often
about nature or a
season." What was missing from the definition?

Thanks - jay

Jay Beckenbach - Melrose, FL - Zone 8b/9a -

Now that the 2004 growing season is coming to an

end, I am beginning to
look
back on it. Here is my summary:

summer days, long, bright,
Charley, Frances, Ivan, Jeanne,
defoliation

++++Sponsored, in part, by Boon
Manakitivipart++++

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:

http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail
+++++

=====
****
"Expectations are resentments under construction."

Anne Lamott

Old 05-10-2004, 10:15 PM
Jim Lewis

On 5 Oct 2004 at 7:49, Kitsune Miko wrote:

Yes, but....it doesn't alwyas work by that definition
in English. Yours works for the moment, describes a
moment, is seasonal, but lacks that punch or twist
characteristic of haiku.

summer's warmth
quickly forgotton
frost on my soul

Kitsune Miko

Haiku is the O. Henry (or Saki) of poetry. ;-)

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Bonsaiests
are like genealogists: We know our roots!