Old 16-02-2005, 07:04 PM
Shelly Hurd

Default [IBC] Admin - The List

Hi All,

Our list (and several others) have been slow or dead since about 2-13. L-Soft began to get a grip on this late yesterday and tell us that we should now be up and running. This problem (as best as I can figure - with the help of my bride of course) was with one or more of L-Softs routers, which was accepting our mail (hence we were not getting -non-delivery- notices) but then couldn't pass it on to the next link in the chain for whatever reason (that link was busted!). They didn't know, and until several other lists also complained (like me) they saw no cause for alarm. Finally they got the message, and found the problem (they say). I'll continue to monitor our list closely today to see if we are indeed fixed, and cry foul if we aren't. It's really all I can do at this point.

Best Regards, and Happy Bonsai-ing, It would be spring here if the rain would stop (1.5 inches y-day). My apricot is in full bloom, but the bee's are drowning!
Shelly Hurd - List Manager
Central CA - Sunset Zone 8-USDA Zone 9

++++Sponsored, in part, by Mike Page++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 16-02-2005, 08:16 PM
Theo

Hi Shelly
Shelly Hurd wrote:

Best Regards, and Happy Bonsai-ing, It would be spring here

if the rain would stop (1.5 inches y-day).

My apricot is in full bloom, but the bee's are drowning!
Mine too started blooming but will make some pics to post next week
cheers

--
MSN messanger / or ICQ 25 666 169 4
Private Mail :

Old 16-02-2005, 08:33 PM
Shelly Hurd

Since Theo saw this, and it looks like it went through on my screen, I'm
going to say that we are back.

However, Lsoft can or hasn't sent whatever we may have been sending since
2-13. The bride thinks that in order to clear up their problem they may
have just deleted ALL the messages in the computer(s) that were blocked up.
So . . . you may want to pick up where you were on 2-13 by resending
anything you had going (there was a thread on animal fertilizer for
instance, and Jim and Billy were discussing the embargo's against plants
from sunny California). I can't say if we will suddenly have a lot of held
posts dropped on us or not, but I think if that were going to happen it
would have by now.

Let's hope this is the last chapter in this unfortunate event.

Back to bonsai, I've got WAY TOO MUCH repotting to do!
Regards
Shelly Hurd - Central Ca - - Sunset Zone 8-USDA Zone 9
Where the rain has stopped - for the moment.

Old 16-02-2005, 09:04 PM
Jim Lewis

On 16 Feb 2005 at 12:37, Shelly Hurd wrote:

Since Theo saw this, and it looks like it went through on my screen, I'm
going to say that we are back.

snip

Back to bonsai, I've got WAY TOO MUCH repotting to do!

I'm about 2/3 done. I'll wait on my Ficus, Jackie's Serissa,
the TX ebonys, and the Tamarindus until nighttime temps stay
reliably in the 50s (F).

I bought a nice Tokonome-ware pot for my large osage orange
(Maclura pomifera) and it looks great; can't wait for the
leaves!

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Nature

Old 16-02-2005, 09:19 PM
Jim Clever

Hi Shelly,

Sorry to add another problem that you may wish to check out but, L-SOFT
seems to have deleted ALL archived messages for the first 2 weeks of
February! Never seen anything like it (as a former list owner myself)!

http://home.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa.exe?A0=bonsai

Crazy winter weather here again. 60°F temps on the Mason-Dixon here in
PA.......buds are swelling, poor trees don't know what to do!?!?

Jim Clever

Fort Loudon, PA USA
USDA Zone 6b

Old 16-02-2005, 09:41 PM
Theo

Hi Jim good that things are normal again ..
well here as I *felt* the winther is not over yet well we will wait
for March , next week bad weather forecasting
I'll fly south to Rome so will be away until 23rd
Ill'be silent for a while than :-D
cheers
Theo