Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13-06-2005, 04:08 PM

Default [IBC] Myrtle Bonsai

Having killed several, & hopefully learned from my mistakes, I recently
bought another dwarf myrtle (Myrtus communis 'Compacta'). Seeking inspiration on
the Web, I looked for some pictures. Searching on "Myrtle bonsai" brought up
nothing but crape myrtle. Searching on Myrtus communis brought up one decent
specimen from Phoenix. There were a number of pictures from Germany & Austria,
all of them dreadful to an American eye. They were all done in pompoms. Even a
natural unstyled myrtle in Israel looks better (it grows as an upright oval
dense bush). Don't tell me a myrtle can't be styled to look like something with
taste, or can't it?
Iris

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Wax myrtle common myrtle davholla Gardening 6 29-01-2007 12:48 AM
Bonsai Crape Myrtle? Boothbay Gardening 4 14-06-2005 02:52 PM
[IBC] First Aid on a Crape Myrtle Nicolas Steenhout Bonsai 3 05-01-2004 04:32 AM
[IBC] Crape Myrtle Repot audgen Bonsai 2 17-03-2003 08:44 PM
[IBC] US vs. European bonsai stundents - was [IBC] Juniper Bonsai life expectancy? Marty & Patty Weiser Bonsai 1 12-02-2003 04:25 AM