Old 30-11-2006, 02:03 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Sprouting unplanted garlic

Steve Calvin wrote:

And as a disrespectful a-hole who TOP-POSTS?!? Welcome to my
filters bucko

I wasn't going to say anything about the top posting; it's a religious
issue, and we pagans are bound to respect all. Even those with clear anger
management issues.

It takes a lot to make my twit list, and its contents are private.

Mild and rainy, with my garden up in the clouds. A Lovecraftien kind of
scene. Love it!

Old 30-11-2006, 03:49 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

sockiescat wrote:
james if u had already planted garlic before can i ask why u are asking

ppl here what to do with it.
when i first read your posting i also was wondering what u were talking

about and i do know about garlic so it would have made sense to me.
u didnt even mention in your what u were posting about if there wasnt
a title to the posting and someone were to read what u had said they
would go "what the .... is this person talking about".
so please rethink about how u are answering those that are trying to
help u.
cyaaaaa, sockiescat.

--
sockiescat

Guess writing clear, easy to understand statements is not my forte.

The reason I asked is like most of you I usually plant garlic long
before they have spouted. I had them piled up outside. The rain and
cool temperatures made them sprout long before I had prepare beds to
plant them.

Anyway I planted them with the long roots and sprouts.

Old 30-11-2006, 05:10 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
Gary Woods wrote:

Mild and rainy, with my garden up in the clouds. A Lovecraftien kind of
scene. Love it!

Gary Woods

I'm just glad to see the cold wet weather.
It'll be good for my winter rye......
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Old 30-11-2006, 05:12 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article .com,
"James" wrote:

The reason I asked is like most of you I usually plant garlic long
before they have spouted. I had them piled up outside. The rain and
cool temperatures made them sprout long before I had prepare beds to
plant them.

In other words, it was an "oops".
It generally helps to 'splain stuff like that in advance.

I'm beginning to learn that bit of advice the hard way myself after
having been flamed on the cooking list for appreciating a guest's food
preferences. sigh

They though he was being rude when it was FAR from that.

Anyway I planted them with the long roots and sprouts.

Good luck and please let us know how it comes out if you don't mind?
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.