Old 06-07-2007, 04:19 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Blueberry plants

Northern Highbush is the variety of choice here in the mountains of Western
NC.
"Jim Kingdon" wrote in message
news
NC seems awfully far south to grow good blueberries...

Possibly true of the Northern Highbush (Vaccinium corymbosum) but
certainly not true of the Rabbiteye (V. ashei also known as
V. virgatum) and some others.

Most of the commercial blueberries are hybrids (of these and other
species), but will still often be divided into "southern" and
"northern" varieties.

Old 06-07-2007, 09:19 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Jan Flora" wrote in message

We don't have pine trees here. (Wish we did.)

We've got at least 40 on our property, you're welcome to them :-) I hate
them with a vengeance now after 4 years of having to rake up endless amounts
of pine needles/cones and burn them and get the 'leaves' from the cones
stuck in my feet or stabbed by the cones when I pick them up, same for the
needles(even wearing gloves it still happens)....I want birch and oak and
maple and nut trees, etc....ANYTHING BUT PINE!

Old 12-02-2011, 12:08 PM
Registered User

I already have a good blueberry. My six Highbush production more than 2 gallons per plant cum mockingbird seedlings have produced more than 100. They need a soil, pH value of approximately 4.5-5.0, but to really thrive. Our land is close to neutral, so I have to amend its annual fall pH.
Pond Supplies
Old 17-06-2011, 05:31 PM
Registered User

A baby allocation in Oklahoma and Kansas. But blueberries is just one of a amount of crops that advance able-bodied in NC. As I said before, there are abounding farms actuality that are adherent to blueberries. You can go five afar in 4 admonition from my abode and be amidst by blueberry fields.
Grow tents