Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30-10-2007, 07:16 PM
Registered User

Smile New to allotments

hi ive just got an allotment for me and my son who is 9yrs old ive no idea on gardening or growing stuff . the allotment hasnt been used for a couple of years and was covered in brambles and weeds ive removed all of them to ground level and they are now comming back up .iam thinking of using round up on them now and leaving for a week or so then spreading some manure over the site then covering it over with plastic sheeting . i can then get somebody to plough then rotivate it for a small charge is this a good idea as i want to get it looking workable a.s.a.p. so my son dosent loose interest [he has a.d.h.d.] i think it could be great for him giving him a hobby and somwhere to burn off steam PLSE HELP!!!!!!!