Old 07-04-2010, 09:46 PM
Registered User

Default Edible Gardening

Hi ,

Did Anyone watch the television programme on BBC2 tonight

what do you all think?

to me it wasnt all i thought it could have been more about her than the veg!!

Old 08-04-2010, 01:13 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article wildbilly-CBA7E6.21480607042010@c-61-68-245-
199.per.connect.net.au, says...
In article ,
PepperR wrote:

Hi ,

Did Anyone watch the television programme on BBC2 tonight

what do you all think?

to me it wasnt all i thought it could have been more about her than the
veg!!

¿Qué?

We probably need a boilerplate response for gardenbanter posters...
Old 08-04-2010, 01:34 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

PepperR wrote:

Did Anyone watch the television programme on BBC2 tonight

Pepper:

You need to understand that gardenbanter is simply taking an international
usenet newsgroup and relaying it on their web page as if it were their own.
Many of us can't see BBC-anything (unless streamed on the web) because
we're in the U.S. or many, many other places.
So, it's difficult to know what you're referring to.

Old 08-04-2010, 02:21 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Gary Woods wrote in
:

PepperR wrote:

Did Anyone watch the television programme on BBC2 tonight

Pepper:

You need to understand that gardenbanter is simply taking an
international usenet newsgroup and relaying it on their web page as if
it were their own. Many of us can't see BBC-anything (unless streamed
on the web) because we're in the U.S. or many, many other places.
So, it's difficult to know what you're referring to.

Gary Woods AKA K2AHC- PGP key on request, or at
home.earthlink.net/~garygarlic Zone 5/6 in upstate New York, 1420'
elevation. NY WO G

Is this url so hard to find?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/

OK ms Woods?

Old 08-04-2010, 04:39 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
Marq wrote:

Gary Woods wrote in
:

PepperR wrote:

Did Anyone watch the television programme on BBC2 tonight

Pepper:

You need to understand that gardenbanter is simply taking an
international usenet newsgroup and relaying it on their web page as if
it were their own. Many of us can't see BBC-anything (unless streamed
on the web) because we're in the U.S. or many, many other places.
So, it's difficult to know what you're referring to.

Gary Woods AKA K2AHC- PGP key on request, or at
home.earthlink.net/~garygarlic Zone 5/6 in upstate New York, 1420'
elevation. NY WO G

Is this url so hard to find?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/

OK ms Woods?

The TV show "The Edible Garden" is blocked from the U.S. for Web viewing
for some reason. So no I could not watch it. I do have the channel "BBC
America" on cable, so it may show up some day. The only show I watch on
BBC is "Dr. Who". I can also pickup Canadian stations which also carries
some BBC shows. When I am truly board I will sometimes turn-on my ham
radio gear and listen to the shortwave bands and hear what the world
says (including BBC).

The U.S. has several garden shows also, but I rarely watch them.
I will take a good book any-day!

--
Enjoy Life... Dan

Garden in Zone 5 South East Michigan.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:45 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Marq" wrote in message
Gary Woods wrote in
:

PepperR wrote:

Did Anyone watch the television programme on BBC2 tonight

Pepper:

You need to understand that gardenbanter is simply taking an
international usenet newsgroup and relaying it on their web page as if
it were their own. Many of us can't see BBC-anything (unless streamed
on the web) because we're in the U.S. or many, many other places.
So, it's difficult to know what you're referring to.

Gary Woods AKA K2AHC- PGP key on request, or at
home.earthlink.net/~garygarlic Zone 5/6 in upstate New York, 1420'
elevation. NY WO G

Is this url so hard to find?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/

OK ms Woods?

The message from that link if you reside outside of the UK is "Currently BBC
iPlayer TV programmes are available to play in the UK only"

Was the url worth finding?

Mike

Old 08-04-2010, 05:07 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
Marq wrote:

Gary Woods wrote in
:

PepperR wrote:

Did Anyone watch the television programme on BBC2 tonight

Pepper:

You need to understand that gardenbanter is simply taking an
international usenet newsgroup and relaying it on their web page as if
it were their own. Many of us can't see BBC-anything (unless streamed
on the web) because we're in the U.S. or many, many other places.
So, it's difficult to know what you're referring to.

Gary Woods AKA K2AHC- PGP key on request, or at
home.earthlink.net/~garygarlic Zone 5/6 in upstate New York, 1420'
elevation. NY WO G

Is this url so hard to find?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/

OK ms Woods?

"Currently BBC iPlayer TV programmes are available to play in the UK
only"

Finding something who's existence is unknown to you, can be a little
tricky. Now that I'm at this video void, please explain to me why you
gave us this url. It would reassure me that you know what you are doing.

OK ms Marq?
--
http://www.democracynow.org/2010/4/6...e_us_military/

Old 08-04-2010, 07:51 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Billy wrote:

Now that I'm at this video void, please explain to me why you
gave us this url. It would reassure me that you know what you are doing.

Curiously enough, the OP's gardenbanter addy is invalid.
Must be the season.

Pleasant surprises:
While cleaning up tall Jerusalem Artichoke stalks, etc., I found a row of
lettuces planted too late to do much last fall. They all survived, and
some Radicchio that I left as too small is leafing out nicely. I'll be
curious to see if it thinks this is its second year.
A couple of kinds of Kale the deer missed are taking off, and the garlic is
already several inches high (as are the cloves I missed in last year's
bed!). The bass aren't building their boudoirs in the shallows and putting
on Barry White recordings yet, but the peepers are making up for it.

Spring has most definitely sprung!

Cheers,

Old 08-04-2010, 08:00 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
Gary Woods wrote:

Billy wrote:

[...]

The world that nature has given us, is certainly better than the one
that our representatives have given us. Glad to hear of your discovered
treasure.
--
http://www.democracynow.org/2010/4/6...e_us_military/

Old 10-04-2010, 05:14 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Billy wrote in news:wildbilly-
:

In article ,
Marq wrote:

Gary Woods wrote in
:

PepperR wrote:

[...]

Then simply use your search engine and type in something like
http://www.bbc.co.usa/iplayer.
I did that and found it no problem at all.

WHAT is TRICKY about that????

It is only as tricky as you make it.

Your 'video void' as you put it is going to be eternal until you find your
way.
But it's all at your fingertips, if you know the basics!!
Old 10-04-2010, 05:57 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Marq wrote:

But it's all at your fingertips, if you know the basics!!

Doesn't work in the U.S., at least at the moment.
But you're getting off the original topic, which was the innocent comment
that the members of this group are far-flung and unlikely to be watching
the Beeb.
And the original poster has disappeared in to the aether, so the whole
discussion is like one of those Python bits about pointless arguments.
But it's more entertaining than the weather here, which went from very nice
indeed to "Oh well, this _is_ April in New York."

Old 10-04-2010, 07:04 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
Marq wrote:

Billy wrote in news:wildbilly-
:

In article ,
Marq wrote:

Gary Woods wrote in
:

PepperR wrote:

[...]

I followed your advice once, and it got me nowhere.
Go play in the traffic.
--
http://www.democracynow.org/2010/4/6...e_us_military/

Old 10-04-2010, 07:16 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
Gary Woods wrote:

Marq wrote:

But it's all at your fingertips, if you know the basics!!

Doesn't work in the U.S., at least at the moment.
But you're getting off the original topic, which was the innocent comment
that the members of this group are far-flung and unlikely to be watching
the Beeb.
And the original poster has disappeared in to the aether, so the whole
discussion is like one of those Python bits about pointless arguments.
But it's more entertaining than the weather here, which went from very nice
indeed to "Oh well, this _is_ April in New York."

I feel your pain. Two days of pre-summer fore play, now looking at 2
inches of rain over the next 2 days (

I did plasticize (chicken manure + alfalfa mulch) the tomato and
cucumber beds. We should be ready to plant in 2 weeks, if we don't get
frosts messin' with us. Today I have some 4 snow peas to add to them
what's already on the trellis, 12 cabbages to put amongst the potatoes,
and 12 lettuce and assorted onions to shoehorn into the root garden. Any
leftover time (Ha!), will be spent manuring and mulching other beds, but
that goes quickly with "lasagna gardening".
--
http://www.democracynow.org/2010/4/6...e_us_military/

Old 11-04-2010, 08:16 AM
Registered User

I watched the programme - it inspired me to get out and dig myself a vegetable plot. Mainly, i think because her garden was a little victorian plot, like mine. We need more small garden ideas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy[_10_] View Post
In article ,
Gary Woods
wrote:

Marq
wrote:

[...]

Massacre Caught on Tape: US Military Confirms Authenticity of Their Own Chilling Video Showing Killing of Journalists

YouTube - A People's History of American Empire by Howard Zinn
Howard Zinn page