Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26-06-2003, 06:56 AM
Dave Allyn

Default slightly OT -- wine recipies

An old friend of mine (my father's really) used to make homemade wine
all the time in the basement. He had several large wine casks he
used, and lots of people actually were after his wine alot. he never
sold it, just gave it away. He has since died. My question is this:
How do you make wine? I know there are kits out there, and I have
looked at them, but they all seem to have a powder you add to the mix,
and you have to keep ordering the powder from them. does anyone have
a good recipe?

another friend of mine always said you could make wine out of almost
any fruit, and he used apples, peaches, pears, whatever he could find.

I know this is OT, but I didn't really want to have another NG to
keep up on, and hoped you guys might be able to help out....

thanks again...

email: daveallyn at bwsys dot net
please respond in this NG so others
can share your wisdom as well!

champagne or wine yeasts for DIY CO2? Dave M. Picklyk Freshwater Aquaria Plants 25 17-07-2003 08:45 PM
Half Wine Barrels Pete United Kingdom 5 15-05-2003 10:44 PM
Wild Blackberries (wine) Rob Smith Gardening 0 06-05-2003 02:20 AM
[IBC] Wine Grape Bonsai Serial Killer kevin bailey Bonsai 6 03-02-2003 10:40 PM
Wine Grape Bonsai Serial Killer Daze Bonsai 0 26-01-2003 04:35 AM