Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29-07-2003, 10:22 PM
Phaedrine Stonebridge

Default Tomatoes and Squirrels

In article ,
Andrew McMichael wrote:

Phaedrine Stonebridge wrote:

I recommend a .22 pump air rifle (if one has to use a "pellet" gun), as
opposed to a pistol, for accuracy and I find .22 superpoints quite
effective.

Those are good, but more expensive.

However, I prefer a .22 rimshot rifle using long or short CB
rounds (though I use both depending where the squirrel is). These are
actually more quiet than the air rifle and better at killing them
instantaneously.

For us city folk, that's not an option. Also, my next-door neighbor uses a .22
[against the law] loaded with hollow-point shorts. It is much louder than my
air gun. More effective, for sure. But deinfitely louder. We can all tell when
she's shooting.

Definitely a stupid thing to do in the city. "CB" rounds refer to
cartridges that produce low velocity and reduced noise. Ballistically,
they are similar to a .22 Caliber air rifle and are used for indoor
shooting, and close range pest control.