Old 14-07-2005, 02:31 PM
~patches~

Kathy wrote:

My goodness we are getting a lot of great advice here. Too bad that I
haven't seen the original poster back here to comment on any of it. :-(

I'll say. I can't wait for a zucchini to try zucchini lasagne. But since
zukes often provide more all at once than one family can eat, what are good
ways to make use of the extras (other than put them on the neighbor's porch,
ring the bell, and run, like I used to do as a kid)? If you freeze them,
how, and what are thawed zucchinis good for?

Kathy

Frozen & dried zucchini are good in soups or stews. Our favourite way
is to sautee zucchini with onions and season with a little fresh ground
pepper, salt, and fresh grated parmesan cheese.
Old 15-07-2005, 06:57 PM
Daniel Prince

Tony Nardo wrote:

wrote:

...when I can't even figure out a decent way to cook it? :-)

The plants are pretty, though. And big.

Seriously, though. Other than breading and frying (I'm on Weight
Watchers), any tasty tips would be appreciated.

Get a vegetable dehydrator and make zucchini chips. No added fat, salt,
or anything. The dried chips taste good and freeze very well.

I have a vegetable dehydrator. Do I just cut my yellow squash into
slices and dry them or should I dip them into lemon juice first?
About how long does it take to make the chips and how do I tell when
they are done?
--
My cat really loves me. When it is cold at night he lies right
up against me in the bed to help keep me warm.