Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-01-2006, 08:12 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Daniel Morrow

Default hair algea

Mid posted.
§tudz wrote:
"Bill Stock" wrote in message
My setup is very similar to yours, except I have more light.

I had a bout with hair algae too, before I added more plants. I just
kept pulling it off and I finally got rid of it. Then I got BGA (a
real scourge) and now some minor BBA.

Do you add PO4 or traces? How much CO2 do you use, quite a bit based
on your PH and KH?

I've seen Florida Flag fish recommended for HA or a blackout if it's
really bad.

Platies are also noted to eat hair algae, as well as a similar LB but
Im bot sure of its name, it looks like a platy

Are you thinking of mollies? They eat some algae if I am not mistaken. Good
luck and later!

, BUT is a rare find.
I have one baby platy in the Tank with the problem and he eats the HA
and BA.

§tudz

--
You can find my public key at https://keyserver1.pgp.com