Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19-12-2004, 03:50 PM
Allyb

Well, I've sent an email to my isp to see what they can do. I've come to
the conclusion that it is the news server. Thanks for all your posts!
Allison

"Eric Schreiber" eric at ericschreiber dot com wrote in message
Margolis wrote:

It is a problem with the news server you are using with outlook. It
is not outlooks fault. There are a lot of news servers that just
don't keep up.

Except that, as I understand it, she's looking for a message that *she*
posted herself, via that news server. Propogation issues can indeed
cause weird things to happen, but that doesn't apply to messages posted
at the news server in question.

The problem Allyb is reporting is pretty common among people reading
newsgroups with OE.

The best solution is to switch to a different news reader. There are a
number of perfectly good free ones available.

--
Eric Schreiber
www.ericschreiber.com