Old 08-12-2008, 04:57 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Blue Water Lily-7599

Attached Thumbnails
Blue Water Lily-7599-b-7599-waterlily-24-10-08-30-400.jpg
Old 08-12-2008, 09:07 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Maroochy" BarbaraH*REMOVE wrote in message

I don't hate you. I only say I do.

Pah!

I have a lot to learn - but I don't have the advantage of such wonder in any
case so I'll blame that ...

Mary

Old 08-12-2008, 10:25 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Mon, 8 Dec 2008 14:57:56 +1000, "Maroochy" BarbaraH*REMOVE
wrote:

Absolutely Stunning, Barbara -
I'm sure this bit of loveliness won't like my snow and ice either

Thanks much...

seph
Old 08-12-2008, 11:08 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

BarbaraH wrote

Funny, but they are said to like it a lot warmer than here in the UK but a
friend in the trade had one that was ordered and never collected which he
threw into an old water tank outside and forgot about, the next year it
bloomed and did so every year thereafter. Unfortunately I was not around
when he moved shop or I would have taken it for myself.

Perhaps I'll try one here as our pond very seldom gets ice on it these days,
it's 14,800ltrs and 1 metre deep, indeed one of our lilies, Peach Glow, is
just throwing up a flower bud not that it will come to anything this time of
year.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 09-12-2008, 01:56 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

joevan wrote:
On Mon, 8 Dec 2008 14:57:56 +1000, "Maroochy" BarbaraH*REMOVE
wrote:
Now tell me that is not painted!

that is not painted.

Old 09-12-2008, 01:58 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

wrote:

Absolutely Stunning, Barbara -
I'm sure this bit of loveliness won't like my snow and ice either

Thanks much...

Well it's all relecent isn't it?
You have a view to die for and lots of other things I'd like to have in my
yard. :-)

Old 09-12-2008, 01:59 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Bob Hobden wrote:
BarbaraH wrote

Funny, but they are said to like it a lot warmer than here in the UK
but a friend in the trade had one that was ordered and never
collected which he threw into an old water tank outside and forgot
about, the next year it bloomed and did so every year thereafter.
Unfortunately I was not around when he moved shop or I would have
taken it for myself.
Perhaps I'll try one here as our pond very seldom gets ice on it
these days, it's 14,800ltrs and 1 metre deep, indeed one of our
lilies, Peach Glow, is just throwing up a flower bud not that it will
come to anything this time of year.

It's always worth giving it a burl, sometimes displaced plants grow, so it's
worth a try.

Old 09-12-2008, 11:23 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Maroochy" BarbaraH*REMOVE wrote in message

I've just come back from being with Spouse for a hospital out-patient
appointment. we were a bit early so I picked up an RHS Garden magazine in
the waiting room (RHS = Royal Horticultural Society).

There was a picture of a pinkish water lily which was captioned as being the
first true blue water lily. Hah! I wish I'd had more details so that I could
have sent your picture in but we were called at that point :-(

Mary

Old 09-12-2008, 04:22 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

wrote:

Absolutely Stunning, Barbara -
I'm sure this bit of loveliness won't like my snow and ice either

Thanks much...

Well it's all relecent isn't it?
You have a view to die for and lots of other things I'd like to have in my
yard. :-)

Well yes... this is perhaps true -

We're sitting in the middle of a white-out right now -
I'd be more than happy to send several inches of snow your way if
you'd be interested.

Actually, we have water lilies in the area - just not in front of our
place as the current is too swift - but, the little inlets/bays have
them - hardy stock, I guess - NO gorgeous blue ones though, I'm sorry
to say...

seph
Old 09-12-2008, 05:01 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Mary Fisher"wrote
I've just come back from being with Spouse for a hospital out-patient
appointment. we were a bit early so I picked up an RHS Garden magazine in
the waiting room (RHS = Royal Horticultural Society).

There was a picture of a pinkish water lily which was captioned as being
the first true blue water lily. Hah! I wish I'd had more details so that I
could have sent your picture in but we were called at that point :-(

I think that was said to be the first Frost Hardy blue water lily.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 09-12-2008, 05:22 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Mary Fisher"wrote
I've just come back from being with Spouse for a hospital out-patient
appointment. we were a bit early so I picked up an RHS Garden magazine in
the waiting room (RHS = Royal Horticultural Society).

There was a picture of a pinkish water lily which was captioned as being
the first true blue water lily. Hah! I wish I'd had more details so that
I could have sent your picture in but we were called at that point :-(

I think that was said to be the first Frost Hardy blue water lily.

I bow to your greater knowledge, I'm not a member and Spouse was called
before I could commit details to memory.

But it was nowhere near blue!

Mary

Old 09-12-2008, 06:43 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Mary Fisher" wrote

"Bob Hobden" wrote

"Mary Fisher"wrote
I've just come back from being with Spouse for a hospital out-patient
appointment. we were a bit early so I picked up an RHS Garden magazine
in the waiting room (RHS = Royal Horticultural Society).

There was a picture of a pinkish water lily which was captioned as being
the first true blue water lily. Hah! I wish I'd had more details so that
I could have sent your picture in but we were called at that point :-(

I think that was said to be the first Frost Hardy blue water lily.

I bow to your greater knowledge, I'm not a member and Spouse was called
before I could commit details to memory.

But it was nowhere near blue!

I bit like Orchid Pink then. :-)

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 10-12-2008, 01:09 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Mon, 8 Dec 2008 14:57:56 +1000, "Maroochy" BarbaraH*REMOVE
wrote:

SIGH I only wish I could have a pond for these to grow in Barbara, one
of my all time favorite water lilies, gorgeous shot.

Dave
Old 10-12-2008, 01:10 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

wrote:
Now tell me that is not painted!

http://www.usenet.com

It's not painted Joe, just beautiful.
Look up Blue Lotus of the Nile or Blue Water Lily of the Nile

http://browofcalm.blogspot.com/2007/...y-of-nile.html

They are drop dead gorgeous.

Dave
Old 10-12-2008, 01:14 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

wrote:

Absolutely Stunning, Barbara -
I'm sure this bit of loveliness won't like my snow and ice either

Thanks much...

seph

Not likely seph

Nymphaea Caerulea