Old 17-01-2011, 07:16 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens,alt.binaries.pictures.weather

Default Signs of Spring: Snowdrops

ÿØÿà\0JFIF\0

\0H\0H\0\0ÿá+ÈExif\0\0II*\0\0\0\0
\0

\0 \0\0\0†\0\0\0

\0\0\0\0¦\0\0\0

\0\0\0\0¬\0\0\0

\0
\0\0\0
\0\0\0
My first spring bulbs.
--
Sue ]
Old 17-01-2011, 09:27 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens,alt.binaries.pictures.weather

In article , MadCow
writes

ÿØÿà0

So much for Forte Agent. Perhaps it doesn't really work with Windows 7.

Anyway, my first spring bulbs:

[ Section: 1/1 File: zSnowdrop03.jpg UUencoded by: Turnpike Integrated Version 5.02 S ]

sum -r/size 57114/281434 section (from "begin" to "end")
sum -r/size 7415/204242 entire input file

--
Sue ]
Attached Thumbnails
Old 17-01-2011, 09:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens,alt.binaries.pictures.weather

On 17/01/2011 2:16 PM, MadCow wrote:

Your mailer done summat wrong:

ÿØÿà JFIF

H H ÿá+ÈExif II*

†

 ¦

 ¬

My first spring bulbs.
--
Sue ]

Wolf

Old 17-01-2011, 11:09 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens,alt.binaries.pictures.weather

On 17/01/2011 4:27 PM, Mad Cow wrote:
In , MadCow
writes

ÿØÿà0

So much for Forte Agent. Perhaps it doesn't really work with Windows 7.

Quite possible, if you are using the free version, it hasn't been
updated for a long time. OTOH, if you inserted the image instead of
attaching it, that may be the problem.

Try Thunderbird, it's also a good e-mail client. Will take some getting
used to after Agent (which I found far too quirky for my taste,
actually), but it works well enough. Doesn't handle multi-part posts,
and hiccups on yEnc, neither of which bother me.

Anyway, my first spring bulbs:

[ Section: 1/1 File: zSnowdrop03.jpg UUencoded by: Turnpike Integrated Version 5.02 S ]

begin 644 zSnowdrop03.jpg

You can see that the image file was included as a text file. I Saved
your post complete to the desktop, renamed it to snowdrop.jpg, and then
it opened OK in my image viewer. Nice pic.

Wolf K.

Old 18-01-2011, 12:21 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Doesn't handle multi-part posts,
and hiccups on yEnc, neither of which bother me.

And you say it works well, what a joke!
--
I Know That I Know What I Know

Old 18-01-2011, 12:23 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens,alt.binaries.pictures.weather

In article , Wolf K
writes
On 17/01/2011 4:27 PM, Mad Cow wrote:
In , MadCow
writes

ÿØÿà0

So much for Forte Agent. Perhaps it doesn't really work with Windows 7.

Quite possible, if you are using the free version, it hasn't been
updated for a long time. OTOH, if you inserted the image instead of
attaching it, that may be the problem.

Yes, I thought inserting the file might prevent it sending the file and
the text in two separate posts! Sounds as if it doesn't really work
with binary newsgroups.

The free version no longer exists; this is the current version on 30
days' trial. It doesn't seem to fetch news in the background, you have
to wait for each post separately, which is daft in the broadband era.
I'd use it just to post pictures if it was trouble-free, but it doesn't
seem to be.

Try Thunderbird, it's also a good e-mail client.

Tried it, hated it, uninstalled it. It downloads all your spam before
not letting you write your own rules, so no use for fetching mail or
news. I could try whether I can use it for posting pictures only, since
I wouldn't be trying to read anything with it.

Anyway, my first spring bulbs:

[ Section: 1/1 File: zSnowdrop03.jpg UUencoded by: Turnpike Integrated Version

5.02 S ]

begin 644 zSnowdrop03.jpg

You can see that the image file was included as a text file. I Saved
your post complete to the desktop, renamed it to snowdrop.jpg, and then
it opened OK in my image viewer. Nice pic.

It was included as a binary file, UUencoded. I'm sorry your newsreader
can't decode them automatically, as it's a hassle to save files -
especially if you then find you don't like the picture!

I seldom had these problems until I got 64-bit Windows and realised too
late that my existing newsreader wouldn't run on it. This more
primitive version does everything I need except that in Usenet posts it
won't allow MIME encoding of attachments, only UUencoding.

I doubt there are many more newsreaders out there.
--
Sue ]
Old 18-01-2011, 12:31 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article ,
Sj wrote:

On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 19:16:17 +0000, MadCow
wrote:

????\0JFIF\0

\0H\0H\0\0??+?Exif\0\0II*\0\0\0\0
\0?

\0 \0\0\0?\0\0\0?

\0\0\0\0?\0\0\0

\0\0\0\0?\0\0\0

\0
\0\0\0
\0\0\0
My first spring bulbs.

The above is all I see ... no attachment ...

If I'm doing something wrong, let me know ...

Sj

It's not you, SJ.

8^)~~~~~~ Sue (remove x to email)
~~~~~~~~~

http://suzie-q-wacvet.com/
http://intergnat.com/malebashing/
Old 18-01-2011, 11:46 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens,alt.binaries.pictures.weather

In article , Wolf K
writes
[...]

give MesNews a try, its free
http://www.mesnews.net/gb/

--
mick

Old 18-01-2011, 04:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On 17/01/2011 7:21 PM, Gertrude wrote:
Doesn't handle multi-part posts,
and hiccups on yEnc, neither of which bother me.

And you say it works well, what a joke!
--
I Know That I Know What I Know

?????

I'm still bemused by NG clients that break up posts. There is no logical
reason for this. On dial-up, it will take just as long to download 1MB
whether it's a single file or two files. On DSL, a large file is no
problem. If an ISP has some kind of limit on uploaded file size, then
get out of the contract ASAP, and use a better ISP.

As for yEnc: it is inconsistent, the inventor has abandoned it, and in
any case it seems to be used mostly by people who use automatic posting
posting programs in order to flood binaries groups with dozens or
hundreds of images at a time. None of these encourage me to pay
attention to yEnc posts.

Cheers,
Wolf K.
Old 18-01-2011, 04:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens,alt.binaries.pictures.weather

On 17/01/2011 7:23 PM, Mad Cow wrote:
[...]
I seldom had these problems until I got 64-bit Windows and realised too
late that my existing newsreader wouldn't run on it. This more
primitive version does everything I need except that in Usenet posts it
won't allow MIME encoding of attachments, only UUencoding.

Erm, your header says it's using Mime 1.0. Maybe that's the problem: a
Uuencoded data chunk in a Mime post. In which case, it's an Agent glitch.

I doubt there are many more newsreaders out there.

I've tried Xnews, quirky interface, but otherwise very capable. Don't
know whether there's a Vista/W7 64-bit version.

I'm using TB 3.1.7, suits me. But I don't see much spam, because my ISP
(Bell Canada) has excellent spam barriers. The last month or so, one
piece of spam from a hi-jacked address, otherwise nothing.

Cheers,
Wolf K.

Old 18-01-2011, 05:09 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens,alt.binaries.pictures.weather

In article , Wolf K
writes
On 17/01/2011 7:23 PM, Mad Cow wrote:
[...]
I seldom had these problems until I got 64-bit Windows and realised too
late that my existing newsreader wouldn't run on it. This more
primitive version does everything I need except that in Usenet posts it
won't allow MIME encoding of attachments, only UUencoding.

Erm, your header says it's using Mime 1.0. Maybe that's the problem: a
Uuencoded data chunk in a Mime post. In which case, it's an Agent glitch.

I doubt there are many more newsreaders out there.

I've tried Xnews, quirky interface, but otherwise very capable. Don't
know whether there's a Vista/W7 64-bit version.

Thanks Wolf, it might work anyway, if it doesn't depend on Windows for
anything much.
I'll give them a try when it starts raining again (probably next week!)

--
Sue ]
Old 18-01-2011, 05:10 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article , Sj
writes
On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 21:27:21 +0000, Mad Cow
wrote:

In article , MadCow
writes

ÿØÿà0

So much for Forte Agent. Perhaps it doesn't really work with Windows 7.

Anyway, my first spring bulbs:

Got it this time ... very nice

Sj

Thank you
--
Sue ]
Old 25-02-2011, 01:21 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens,alt.binaries.pictures.weather

On Tue, 18 Jan 2011 11:49:21 -0500, Wolf K wrote:

[...]

Bell Canada has SPAM filters on USENET?

--

Travis in Shoreline Washington