Old 25-02-2011, 04:16 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Ping Pat Durkin

Wendy needs out help to get her live mail set up. I have tried to get
it going for her but it is difficult me on the east coast and she on
the west. I notice you are using live mail to post with, maybe you can
give some tips to get it right for her. Post here with any possible
information and I will email it to her. Of if you have her email you
could send it direct.
I got it set up as a test on my win 7 machine and it is a pita, but
then I like agent and have been using it for 14 years or longer.
Old 25-02-2011, 05:31 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Fri, 25 Feb 2011 11:16:17 -0500, joevan
wrote:

Wendy needs out help to get her live mail set up. I have tried to get
it going for her but it is difficult me on the east coast and she on
the west. I notice you are using live mail to post with, maybe you can
give some tips to get it right for her. Post here with any possible
information and I will email it to her. Of if you have her email you
could send it direct.
I got it set up as a test on my win 7 machine and it is a pita, but
then I like agent and have been using it for 14 years or longer.

I sent her the link to agent. It is only 29 bucks to buy with a 30 day
trial. I did it to test the thing and got it set up in a matter of
minutes.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort%C3%A9_Agent

http://www.forteinc.com/main/homepage.php
Old 25-02-2011, 05:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"joevan" wrote in message
Wendy needs out help to get her live mail set up. I have tried to get
it going for her but it is difficult me on the east coast and she on
the west. I notice you are using live mail to post with, maybe you can
give some tips to get it right for her. Post here with any possible
information and I will email it to her. Of if you have her email you
could send it direct.
I got it set up as a test on my win 7 machine and it is a pita, but
then I like agent and have been using it for 14 years or longer.

Oh boy. I want to help but I'm afraid I don't have much knowledge in this
area at all. In fact I'm "Tech Stoopid".

I wondered why I'm not seeing anything from her lately.

Maybe there's somebody else reading this that can help.
--
Pat Durkin
http://www.flickriver.com/photos/paddyspig/

Old 25-02-2011, 05:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Fri, 25 Feb 2011 09:49:13 -0800, "Paddy's Pig"
wrote:

"joevan" wrote in message
.. .
Wendy needs out help to get her live mail set up. I have tried to get
it going for her but it is difficult me on the east coast and she on
the west. I notice you are using live mail to post with, maybe you can
give some tips to get it right for her. Post here with any possible
information and I will email it to her. Of if you have her email you
could send it direct.
I got it set up as a test on my win 7 machine and it is a pita, but
then I like agent and have been using it for 14 years or longer.

Oh boy. I want to help but I'm afraid I don't have much knowledge in this
area at all. In fact I'm "Tech Stoopid".

I wondered why I'm not seeing anything from her lately.

Maybe there's somebody else reading this that can help.

You may be un tecky but you sure are photo savvy.
Hopefully she will go for the agent thing and then I can make it easy
for her. I guess you had someone help you with your stuff.
Old 25-02-2011, 09:35 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"joevan" wrote in message
On Fri, 25 Feb 2011 09:49:13 -0800, "Paddy's Pig"
wrote:

"joevan" wrote in message
. ..
Wendy needs out help to get her live mail set up. I have tried to get it
going for her but it is difficult me on the east coast and she on the
west. I notice you are using live mail to post with, maybe you can give
some tips to get it right for her. Post here with any possible
information and I will email it to her. Of if you have her email you
could send it direct. I got it set up as a test on my win 7 machine and
it is a pita, but then I like agent and have been using it for 14 years
or longer.

You may be un tecky but you sure are photo savvy. Hopefully she will go
for the agent thing and then I can make it easy for her. I guess you had
someone help you with your stuff.

Thanks. We all have our strengths and weaknesses.

As far as my reader is concerned I just used what came with the machine
which I think was Windows Mail 6.0 & it seems to work okay and doesn't wind
up posting gibberish or multiple part posts (not that I planned it that way
but it was nice to discover after I saw my own posts and a few other
people's). I don't recall everyting about setting it up but I don't think
that I had all that much trouble. I know I did have to call Pacbell at one
point but the reader program has been pretty trouble free since. I used
pacbell as my news service for a while but they had very limited access to a
lot of the binary groups so I changed to Giganews a few years ago and
they've been great. I don't even have to think about them.

Old 28-02-2011, 08:37 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

wrote:

Wendy needs out help to get her live mail set up. I have tried to get
it going for her but it is difficult me on the east coast and she on
the west. I notice you are using live mail to post with, maybe you can
give some tips to get it right for her. Post here with any possible
information and I will email it to her. Of if you have her email you
could send it direct.
I got it set up as a test on my win 7 machine and it is a pita, but
then I like agent and have been using it for 14 years or longer.

Hi I am back & hopefully will grasp Agent which JoeVan so patiently
helped me get set up with. He has such patience.
I thank him & you guys for helping me.
Cheers Wendy

[IMG] code is On

Ping Pat - Humming Bird Chicks Wendy7 Garden Photos 6 22-04-2010 05:37 AM
Ping sacha - reposted message! Ping Spider re Deutzia Spider[_2_] United Kingdom 4 04-05-2009 06:28 AM
PING PING Jan -ED Ponds 0 30-06-2006 04:46 PM
Ignore Fire ash post below, just spotted Pat Shaws. Sorry Andy Australia 1 17-08-2003 11:12 AM
To Pat in Plymouth MI - White Poplar update Julie Sloan Gardening 4 23-03-2003 01:56 PM