Old 28-07-2005, 06:14 PM
Boliath

Suzy O wrote:
And that's not all it may stop -- as if you didn't already know that!

First line of defense, get a dog. As a bonus, you might discover why there
are so many dog fans out there.

Then again, if acquiring a dog doesn't appeal to you, talk to the cat's
owner about keeping their pet from roaming the neighborhood.

If that proves unsuccessful or a reasonable discussion is not in the offing,
you might up the ante by trapping the cat and turning it in to your local
animal control facility.

For what? Trespassing?

Mostly thought, I would suggest it's futile to punish the animal for it's
owner's irresponsibility. It may feel good in the short run, but if the
neighboring cat owner is truly blind to the rights of others -- purposely or
not -- they'll miss the point entirely and just go out and replace kitty #1
with another.

What on earth! What rights is the cat infringing on? Why is the
neighbour being irresponsible? I assumed the original post was a troll
and disregarded it but your response doesn't seem to be in jest.

Good luck!
Suzy O
"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
Will a bowl of antifreeze stop my neighbors cat from using my garden as
a litter box?

Old 28-07-2005, 06:16 PM
G Henslee

Kanter Ranter wrote:
On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 11:45:06 -0400, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

You got that ass backwards...*you* don't have a place in civilized
society.

Don't be too hard on ole DOGless Kanter. He's got real troubles.
Here's what his last colonoscopy revealed:
http://www.guitarsandaudio.com/extra...pics/xray1.jpg
Old 28-07-2005, 10:27 PM
Jennifer

Boliath wrote:
Suzy O wrote:

Mostly thought, I would suggest it's futile to punish the animal for it's
owner's irresponsibility. It may feel good in the short run, but if the
neighboring cat owner is truly blind to the rights of others -- purposely or
not -- they'll miss the point entirely and just go out and replace kitty #1
with another.

What on earth! What rights is the cat infringing on? Why is the
neighbour being irresponsible? I assumed the original post was a troll
and disregarded it but your response doesn't seem to be in jest.

Not keeping your pets off of other peoples' property is irresponsible
pet ownership. If you feel your cat needs to experience the outdoors
to be happy, then an outdoor enclosure is safest for your cat, best for
the local songbirds, and most respectful of your neighbors.

--
Jennifer

Old 28-07-2005, 10:32 PM
Jennifer

Jennifer wrote:

Not keeping your pets off of other peoples' property is irresponsible
pet ownership. If you feel your cat needs to experience the outdoors
to be happy, then an outdoor enclosure is safest for your cat, best for
the local songbirds, and most respectful of your neighbors.

Sorry, to be clear, that's a generic "you", not directed at any one
person in particular

--
Jennifer

Old 29-07-2005, 02:38 AM
Bert Byfield

Not keeping your pets off of other peoples' property is irresponsible
pet ownership. If you feel your cat needs to experience the outdoors
to be happy, then an outdoor enclosure is safest for your cat, best for
the local songbirds, and most respectful of your neighbors.

Sorry, to be clear, that's a generic "you", not directed at any one
person in particular
Jennifer

Even so, it is still presumptuous and rude, not to mention that it
advocates cruelty to animals.

Old 29-07-2005, 06:08 AM
Kanter Ranter

I'll be! And all this time I thought it was a stick...or something
that died that was up "there"! Poor DOuG...

Old 29-07-2005, 04:13 PM
Jennifer

Bert Byfield wrote:

Even so, it is still presumptuous and rude, not to mention that it
advocates cruelty to animals.

Which part is animal cruelty? Increasing your pets' lifespans by
keeping them out of traffic, out of the yards of people who will poison
or shoot them, and out of fights with other animals who may be
diseased, or preventing the the killing of local native fauna?

Sorry, but I do think that people who are not willing to take
responsibility for their pets' safety and for their behavior probably
just shouldn't have pets.

--
Jennifer, presumptuous

Old 29-07-2005, 04:14 PM
G Henslee

Jennifer wrote:

Sorry, but I do think that people who are not willing to take
responsibility for their pets' safety and for their behavior probably
just shouldn't have pets.

Or children...
Old 30-07-2005, 12:32 AM
Bert Byfield

Bert Byfield wrote:
Even so, it is still presumptuous and rude, not to mention that it
advocates cruelty to animals.

Which part is animal cruelty? Increasing your pets' lifespans by
keeping them out of traffic, out of the yards of people who will poison
or shoot them, and out of fights with other animals who may be
diseased, or preventing the the killing of local native fauna?

If you had yourself jailed for life, your lifespan would be similarly
enhanced. If you don't do this to yourself, but advocate it for cats, you
are guilty of hypocrisy.

Sorry, but I do think that people who are not willing to take
responsibility for their pets' safety and for their behavior probably
just shouldn't have pets. Jennifer, presumptuous

As soon as you become Master of the Universe, you can begin issuing
edicts. Until then, my cats are free.

Old 30-07-2005, 02:58 AM
Tom Jaszewski

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 08:14:30 -0700, G Henslee
wrote:

Or children...

Too bad no one told YOUR mom....
Acts of creation are ordinarily reserved for gods and poets. To plant a pine, one need only own a shovel.
-- Aldo Leopold

Old 30-07-2005, 03:05 AM
Tom Jaszewski

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 23:32:30 GMT, Bert Byfield
wrote:

If you had yourself jailed for life, your lifespan would be similarly
enhanced. If you don't do this to yourself, but advocate it for cats, you
are guilty of hypocrisy.

What idiotic logic....cats have been house pets for 200 years or more
and have no link to the outdoors other than hunting squirrels like
you...

As soon as you become Master of the Universe, you can begin issuing
edicts. Until then, my cats are free.

And in my hood trapped and sent to no kill shelters with a donation of
food and spay/neuter.

Old 30-07-2005, 03:11 AM
Tom Jaszewski

On 28 Jul 2005 10:14:07 -0700, "Boliath"
wrote:

What rights is the cat infringing on?

My right to not garden in cat shit or have you irresponsible ****s and
their cats spreading infectious diseases?

Old 30-07-2005, 07:28 AM
Bert Byfield

If you had yourself jailed for life, your lifespan would be similarly
enhanced. If you don't do this to yourself, but advocate it for cats,
you are guilty of hypocrisy.

What idiotic logic....cats have been house pets for 200 years or more
and have no link to the outdoors other than hunting squirrels like
you...

Those pets have been kept because they hunt rodents. Locking them up
makes them useless. Rudeness is a poor substitute for intelligence, by
the way.

As soon as you become Master of the Universe, you can begin issuing
edicts. Until then, my cats are free.

And in my hood trapped and sent to no kill shelters with a donation of
food and spay/neuter.

There is no such thing as a "no kill" "shelter."

Old 30-07-2005, 07:29 AM
Bert Byfield

What rights is the cat infringing on?

My right to not garden in cat shit or have you irresponsible ****s and
their cats spreading infectious diseases?

Paranoia is a poor substitute for compassion.

Old 30-07-2005, 08:27 AM
Travis

wrote:

What rights is the cat infringing on?

My right to not garden in cat shit or have you irresponsible ****s
and
their cats spreading infectious diseases?

What infectious diseases do cats spread?

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5

[IMG] code is On

Is a animal chaser/cat utrasonic cat deterrent harmful? [email protected] United Kingdom 3 21-04-2015 09:40 AM
Cat Control Blossom United Kingdom 0 10-02-2006 11:26 PM
Cat control Doug Kanter Gardening 8 23-06-2005 04:13 AM
Cat-safe algae control?? William Laven Ponds 8 17-04-2004 08:12 PM
Cat Control Legislation In WA Wanda Australia 1 11-12-2003 02:43 PM