Old 21-10-2005, 02:08 AM
Registered User

Angry Dog digging in flowerbed :(

hi everyone sorry i didnt introduce myself earlier im sockiescat and i live on a farm in ontario canada.

i have a problem that hopefully someone might be able to help me with. we redid a couple of flowerbeds this year with new shrubs and some perennials.
the problem that we are now having is my sons dog (which we ended up with lol) is now digging up those flowerbeds. its really getting to me because she is a medium size dog and digs huge holes to lay in.
we have tried just about everything thinkable to try and stop her but she just wont listen.
does anyone have any suggestions as to what we might be able to try to stop the flowerbed digging dog. any help would be greatly appreciated thanks for any info you can give us. take care, sockiescat
Old 21-10-2005, 03:19 AM
Cereus-validus-...........

Default Dog digging in flowerbed :(

Take to stupid bitch to the pound.

Problem solved.

--
sockiescat

Old 21-10-2005, 04:55 AM
Tightwad

Concrete!

Old 21-10-2005, 10:45 AM
Snooze

"Cereus-validus-..........." wrote in message
. ..
Yeah, bury the stupid bitch in concrete!!!!

Sorry you weren't clear, the owner or the dog?

-S

Old 21-10-2005, 12:05 PM
Doug Kanter

"sockiescat" wrote in message

hi everyone sorry i didnt introduce myself earlier im sockiescat and i
live on a farm in ontario canada.

i have a problem that hopefully someone might be able to help me with.
we redid a couple of flowerbeds this year with new shrubs and some
perennials.
the problem that we are now having is my sons dog (which we ended up
with lol)

LOL? If you laugh at this situation, you need psychiatric help. Dogs were
created by Satan, to torment gardeners. Go to a fishing store. Ask if
there's a lake nearby where you're likely to catch pike. Pike will eat
anything. Break the dog's neck, drop it in the lake. No more garden problem.

Old 21-10-2005, 01:01 PM
Lynn

Do you remember those clear plastic carpet runners that old ladies used to
use that had the rubber prongs on the underneath? Maybe try turning this
upside down and surrounding the flower bed. I know cats don't like the feel
of them on their feet ( good in trying to keep them off kitchen counters at
night) maybe dogs won't like it either. try it, and hopefully you can get
the dog trained before next spring

--
Lynn

Old 21-10-2005, 01:13 PM
Cereus-validus-...........

The dog, of course.

That's the one digging the holes, isn't it?

Might as well fill it up with something permanent.

"Snooze" wrote in message
"Cereus-validus-..........." wrote in
message . ..

Old 21-10-2005, 01:18 PM
Cereus-validus-...........

That wouldn't work.

Dogs are too stupid to figure it out.

How about wrapping the stupid bitch up in the carpet and dropping on a rail
road track? The train will take of the rest.

Old 21-10-2005, 03:20 PM
Doug Kanter

"Rick" wrote in message

I'm sure you'll get lots of "shoot it" type answers from the truely
ignorant and disturbed wacko's on the group, but the real answer is
training. It sounds like the dog is making itself a nice shady cool
day bed where she can watch the "action" Is there another spot you
could encourage her to use? That is the positive side. Praise the
digging in the "right" spot and scold in the wrong spot. AS for the
other negative reinforcement, you may have good luck with a motion
activated water sprikler/sprayer. When she comes to dig she will set
it off and get soaked, and the garden will get a brief sprinkle. Most
dogs hate being sprayed with water. One of mine does, but the other
loves it and will deliberately set off the sprinkler we have out front
to discourage deer when she gets the chance.

Brilliant. Then you have a wet, smelly dog that's going to take 2 days to
dry, unless you want to spend an hour with the dog and a hair dryer. Perhaps
you could provide a solution that would be appropriate for dog owners who
don't have that much time to waste.

Old 21-10-2005, 03:59 PM
paghat

In article , sockiescat
wrote:

hi everyone sorry i didnt introduce myself earlier im sockiescat and i
live on a farm in ontario canada.

i have a problem that hopefully someone might be able to help me with.
we redid a couple of flowerbeds this year with new shrubs and some
perennials.
the problem that we are now having is my sons dog (which we ended up
with lol) is now digging up those flowerbeds. its really getting to me
because she is a medium size dog and digs huge holes to lay in.
we have tried just about everything thinkable to try and stop her but
she just wont listen.
does anyone have any suggestions as to what we might be able to try to
stop the flowerbed digging dog. any help would be greatly appreciated
thanks for any info you can give us. take care,
sockiescat

Persistent digging (like biting or persistent barking or chewing
everyone's stuff to pieces) tends to be a neurotic behavior, usually
caused by some degree of bad socialization or neglect or loneliness or
stress in the dog's life, all invariably the fault of the owner. Once a
bad behavior begins, it will not stop until you have gone through some
strict training alongside the dog with a trainer expert in modifying
harmful behaviors in dogs -- & harmful care techniques of owners. People
unwilling to invest the time, money, & training required to have a healthy
happy well-behaved dog should meet the same fates as most of these poor
animals.

-paghat the ratgirl
--
Get your Paghat the Ratgirl T-Shirt he
http://www.paghat.com/giftshop.html
Old 21-10-2005, 04:02 PM
Cereus-validus-...........

And besides, dogs are such masochists, willing to do anything to get
attention, they will actually learn to like being hosed down and will do bad
things in anticipation of being reprimanded.

Rickola's advice doesn't work at all.

Old 21-10-2005, 04:08 PM
Cereus-validus-...........

That's the whole idea.

It makes an example for the other dogs to see.

"I knew it was you, Fido. You broke my heart."

Old 21-10-2005, 04:15 PM
Doug Kanter

Yeah, but you don't want to get caught. No point in wasting time trying to
explain to the judge that a dog is precisely equal to a mosquito, and should
be dealt with in the same way.