Old 01-02-2006, 08:53 PM
Registered User

Unhappy Can Someone Please Help :(

i keep trying to find this "alt.binaries.pictures.gardens" so that i can see all the great pics everyone shows us.
but i dont know what it is or what it means or where to go. i tried doing a search on google and other places but i am soooooo lost here and missing seeing all the beautiful pictures :'( .
can someone please help me and tell me where to go so i can see them.
any help is greatly appreciated. thank you, sockiescat.
Old 02-02-2006, 02:16 AM posted to rec.gardens
Wolf Kirchmeir

Default Can Someone Please Help :(

sockiescat wrote:
i keep trying to find this "alt.binaries.pictures.gardens" so that i can
see all the great pics everyone shows us.
but i dont know what it is or what it means or where to go. i tried
doing a search on google and other places but i am soooooo lost here
and missing seeing all the beautiful pictures :'( .
can someone please help me and tell me where to go so i can see them.
any help is greatly appreciated. thank you, sockiescat.

In your newsreader, find the menu that you use to subscribe to a
newsgroup. It should have a "filter box", a space into which you type a
keyword such as "garden". Then the display should show all the
newsgroups with "garden" in their names.

However, no ISP provides access to all the newgroups available, so if
you can't see the one you want listed, that means your ISP just doesn't
carry it. In that case, you will have to subscribe to a service such as
Giganews, which gives you access to all newsgroups out there - at a
price, of course. Or change ISPs.

HTH
Old 02-02-2006, 02:34 AM posted to rec.gardens
Claire Petersky

"sockiescat" wrote in message

i keep trying to find this "alt.binaries.pictures.gardens" so that i can
see all the great pics everyone shows us.
but i dont know what it is or what it means or where to go. i tried
doing a search on google and other places but i am soooooo lost here
and missing seeing all the beautiful pictures :'( .

Sockiescat, google groups doesn't carry groups with binaries (i.e., non-text
newsgroups). These newsgroups take up a great deal of space, as one picture
is indeed worth a thousand words. Further, I believe that most of the
alt.binaries.* hierarchy is made up of pornography, so many other ISPs will
refuse to carry these newsgroups.

You can find out if your own ISP carries the binaries newsgroups. If you are
using a windows machine, you have Outlook Express right there to be able to
view newsgroups. Or there are other ones for free on the web - just search
on "free newsreaders" and see what comes up. Or you can plead with those who
post to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens to post their pictures to a website.

Hope this was helpful.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
http://www.bicyclemeditations.org/
Sponsor me for the Big Climb! See: www.active.com/donate/cpetersky06
See the books I've set free at:

Old 02-02-2006, 02:45 AM posted to rec.gardens
Tom J

"sockiescat" wrote in message

i keep trying to find this "alt.binaries.pictures.gardens" so that i
can
see all the great pics everyone shows us.

If you can't link to it, that means your news feed
provider doesn't carry that newsgroup. If that's the case, ask kindly
and maybe they'll start it just for you!!

Tom J

Old 02-02-2006, 02:53 AM posted to rec.gardens
Timothy

On Wed, 01 Feb 2006 20:53:35 +0000, sockiescat wrote:

i keep trying to find this "alt.binaries.pictures.gardens" so that i can
see all the great pics everyone shows us. but i dont know what it is or
what it means or where to go. i tried doing a search on google and other
places but i am soooooo lost here and missing seeing all the beautiful
pictures :'( . can someone please help me and tell me where to go so i can
see them. any help is greatly appreciated. thank you, sockiescat.

Welcome to the large world of Usenet, the net before the internet ;0)

If you have followed the advice given before me and still have no luck,
then today's your luck day. You need a news server that carry "binaries",
and it's hard to find free ones now'adays. Depending on which news reader
that your using ( _not_ a web browser), configuring a news server will
differ. If you need help with that, I'm sure one of us around here can
help you with that.

Free news servers addresses:

128.230.129.222
128.230.129.223

These have binaries, do not allow posting and they are rather slow but
free is free at any speed..!

--
http://resources.ywgc.com

Old 02-02-2006, 03:53 AM posted to rec.gardens
Tom J

"Timothy" wrote in message
news
[...]

I have hi-speed DSL & no connect in 5 minutes - not good!

Tom J

Old 02-02-2006, 04:36 AM posted to rec.gardens
Timothy

On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 03:53:45 +0000, Tom J wrote:

"Timothy" wrote in message
news
[...]

I have a higher speed than dsl and connected just fine! Maybe Syracuse
University doesn't like your connection...? Just kiding... don't know what
your problem could be. Try again.

--
http://resources.ywgc.com

Old 02-02-2006, 04:52 AM posted to rec.gardens
Travis M.

"sockiescat" wrote in
message

i keep trying to find this "alt.binaries.pictures.gardens" so
that
i can see all the great pics everyone shows us.
but i dont know what it is or what it means or where to go. i
tried
doing a search on google and other places but i am soooooo lost
here
and missing seeing all the beautiful pictures :'( .
can someone please help me and tell me where to go so i can see
them. any help is greatly appreciated. thank you,
sockiescat.

Ask your ISP how to set-up your newsreader.

--

Travis in Shoreline Washington

Old 02-02-2006, 07:55 AM posted to rec.gardens
told2b

sockiescat wrote:
i keep trying to find this "alt.binaries.pictures.gardens" so that i can
see all the great pics everyone shows us.
but i dont know what it is or what it means or where to go. i tried
doing a search on google and other places but i am soooooo lost here
and missing seeing all the beautiful pictures :'( .
can someone please help me and tell me where to go so i can see them.
any help is greatly appreciated. thank you, sockiescat.

--
sockiescat

http://www.usenet-replayer.com/group...s.gardens.html

Hi Sock -- Use above, either click on it or paste it into your browser.
It's not as convenient as 'joining' a newsgroup but it will let
you view Maddy's crocus pics.
HTH

Old 04-02-2006, 12:24 AM
Registered User

Smile

told2b sockiescat wrote:
i keep trying to find this "alt.binaries.pictures.gardens" so that i can
see all the great pics everyone shows us.
but i dont know what it is or what it means or where to go. i tried
doing a search on google and other places but i am soooooo lost here
and missing seeing all the beautiful pictures :'( .
can someone please help me and tell me where to go so i can see them.
any help is greatly appreciated. thank you, sockiescat.

--
sockiescat

http://www.usenet-replayer.com/group...s.gardens.html

Hi Sock -- Use above, either click on it or paste it into your browser.
It's not as convenient as 'joining' a newsgroup but it will let
you view Maddy's crocus pics.
HTH

thanks everyone ever so much for all your help. i tried the link that u posted here told2b and managed to find a server thing on one of the pages there that had the alt.binaries.picture.gardens address in the search section i put madgardener after the search name and did manage to see maddies pics.
thanks for the link it worked hurrrahhhh.
i also took down all of the information about the isp numbers and everything else that everyone mentioned for me to do so that if i get lost one way i will find another way thanks to all the help from a great group of people.
again thanks everyone. hugsssss to all, sockiescat.