Old 30-03-2003, 02:32 AM
John S. DeBoo

Default veggie garden question

B & J wrote:

snip
in before they produced. We use the bigger ones for pancakes that are
shredded and prepared in the same way raw potato pancakes are. They are a
lower calorie substitute and taste much the same.

I *love* zucchini pancakes, but will argue the low-cal mention. Maybe
because I serve mine with butter and Parmesean. :-) They also freeze
pretty decently (pre-butter and Parmesean, of course).

You're gilding the lily. ;-) Try using onions, eggs, small amount of four,
salt, and pepper. There's a spread, which we used, called "Smart Balance"
that works in place of butter. I'll admit that they're not quite as good as
those with butter and Parmesan, but.... GRIN

I've BBQ'd them a number of times, coat in olive oil and sprinkle liberally with
garlic salt. My wife goes bonkers for them that way.

--
John S. DeBoo