Old 02-06-2006, 05:07 AM posted to sci.engr.lighting,rec.gardens
Mama Bear

Default Any grow light dealers out there?

I've done some research and pretty much know what I'm looking for
now.

I'd like to find a nice quality polished reflector like at
with a 150-175 watt lamp and ballast similar to the wide spectrum
of a Hortilux Blue.

Does anyone sell a setup like that?

--
- Mama Bear
Old 02-06-2006, 07:07 PM posted to sci.engr.lighting,rec.gardens
Ian Stirling

In sci.engr.lighting Mama Bear wrote:
I've done some research and pretty much know what I'm looking for
now.

I'd like to find a nice quality polished reflector like at
with a 150-175 watt lamp and ballast similar to the wide spectrum
of a Hortilux Blue.

You can construct a functionally identical reflector out of cardboard,
contact-glued on foil - shiny side out.
With care, you can actually get it to look as good, if not better.
Old 03-06-2006, 03:08 AM posted to sci.engr.lighting,rec.gardens
zxcvbob

Ian Stirling wrote:
In sci.engr.lighting Mama Bear wrote:
I've done some research and pretty much know what I'm looking for
now.

I'd like to find a nice quality polished reflector like at
with a 150-175 watt lamp and ballast similar to the wide spectrum
of a Hortilux Blue.

You can construct a functionally identical reflector out of cardboard,
contact-glued on foil - shiny side out.
With care, you can actually get it to look as good, if not better.

White paint is actually more reflective that aluminum foil.

Cardboard will likely burn up in close proximity to a 175W lamp like
that. Make the reflector out of metal flashing and paint it flat white
enamel.

You also need to be careful about your lamp selection if it's not in an
enclosed fixture.

Best regards,
Bob

[IMG] code is On

Any Plants out there that can grow in almost toal shade? chatnoir Plant Science 3 10-11-2006 02:11 AM
Are there any Koi Forum out there visited by regukars here Just Me \Koi\ Ponds 18 23-04-2005 05:40 AM
Reliable Koi Dealers? matrix Ponds 15 29-02-2004 04:05 AM
koi dealers near orlando Gunnar Ponds 5 21-02-2004 04:34 AM
online koi dealers [email protected] Ponds 7 29-03-2003 03:08 PM