Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 31-07-2006, 04:52 PM posted to rec.gardens,uk.rec.gardens

Default Tetanus Shots - Important !

"Matthew Reed" nospam at zootal dot com nospam wrote in
:

"FragileWarrior" wrote in message
"Matthew Reed" nospam at zootal dot com nospam wrote in
:

2 years ago - broken shoulder, tetanus shot. 12 years ago broken
collarbone, tetanus shot. 8 years from now - who knows? Probably
break an arm or leg this time, and get another tetanus shot

Just out of curiousity, why would a broken bone require a tet shot?
Were they compound fractures? Tet shots aren't routinely given for
things that do not break the skin, AFAIK.

Road rash. In both cases there was a bit of missing skin. I fell off
my bicycle (both times in my own parking lot, go figure) while moving
slowly, but hit hard enough to break the bone and take off a small
patch of skin.

http://zootal.no-ip.info/stuff/2005%...ulder/images/D
SCF1060.jpg
http://zootal.no-ip.info/stuff/2005%...ulder/images/D
SCF1078.jpg.

So the tet shot was for the skin injury, not the break. We don't want
anyone going around thinking they got inadequate care because they didn't
get a tet shot for a broken bone, right?

[IMG] code is On

OT Tetanus jabs Sacha United Kingdom 122 12-02-2007 04:09 PM
Tetanus every 5-10 years - Please Read - Important! Vivek.M United Kingdom 82 10-08-2006 08:00 AM
[IBC] You should see the Taikanten 2003 shots at the IBC gallery Khaimraj Seepersad Bonsai 1 16-12-2003 03:12 PM
brown shiny shots and rotting seedling leaf? DigitalVinyl Edible Gardening 6 02-06-2003 12:32 AM
Keeping a Messy Garden - new shots dave weil Roses 3 27-04-2003 08:44 PM