Old 26-04-2007, 07:07 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Four Main Factors Causing High Cholesterol

Four Main Factors Causing High Cholesterol

or some, even maintaining cholesterol at the right levels and being
fit and thin will still not prevent the development of high levels of
bad cholesterol. Due to heart risk factors besides diet, some people
require a very aggressive approach which includes cholesterol lowing
medication.

Lifestyle issues and high cholesterol:

http://tinyurl.com/3b27lx

Old 26-04-2007, 11:40 AM posted to rec.gardens

Stop eating meat of all kinds, lower dairy intake, increase fiber and
soy and amazing things happen. I haven't eaten any meat of any kind
in years and my cholesterol combined is 145 and I'm 51.

Old 26-04-2007, 04:12 PM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

|Four Main Factors Causing High Cholesterol
|........url.com

This is rec.gardens; not, I believe. an appropriate place to be
advertising your website. The honourable thing would be to refrain.
Old 26-04-2007, 06:04 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Apr 26, 6:40 am, Jangchub wrote:
Stop eating meat of all kinds, lower dairy intake, increase fiber and
soy and amazing things happen. I haven't eaten any meat of any kind
in years and my cholesterol combined is 145 and I'm 51.

My cholesterol was 202 with favorable ratio when I had unstable angina
and had to have a 90% blocked artery opened with stents. Besides
heart healthy diet which means all of the above, red meat (max. 4 oz.)
is restricted to twice a week, fish twice a week and rest chicken,
turkey or meatless. Low salt, low fat which means avoiding processed
meat like lunch meat and hot dogs. My diet is working and I'm losing
that belly fat which is said to be active in causing artery blockage.
Also on Lipitor.

Old 26-04-2007, 06:13 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 26 Apr 2007 10:04:25 -0700, Frank wrote:

On Apr 26, 6:40 am, Jangchub wrote:
Stop eating meat of all kinds, lower dairy intake, increase fiber and
soy and amazing things happen. I haven't eaten any meat of any kind
in years and my cholesterol combined is 145 and I'm 51.

My cholesterol was 202 with favorable ratio when I had unstable angina
and had to have a 90% blocked artery opened with stents. Besides
heart healthy diet which means all of the above, red meat (max. 4 oz.)
is restricted to twice a week, fish twice a week and rest chicken,
turkey or meatless. Low salt, low fat which means avoiding processed
meat like lunch meat and hot dogs. My diet is working and I'm losing
that belly fat which is said to be active in causing artery blockage.
Also on Lipitor.

The only thing which has cholesterol comes from an animal. Whether it
be their fat, muscle, whatever. Stop meat you will be off Lipitor
most likely.

There are such good substitutes now. Morningstar has a product which
is like bbq riblets. They are great, even my husband likes them.
Also, tons of varieties of soy burgers. I like Boca Burger Flame
Grilled. I'll never eat any animal again and working toward
eliminating eggs and dairy as well.

Old 26-04-2007, 08:58 PM posted to rec.gardens
DWW DWW is offline

Where do you think the cholesterol in herbivores comes from in the first
place? It sure isn't from their diet. I.e. you can eat no meat or dairy
and still have high cholesterol.

Old 26-04-2007, 11:09 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Apr 26, 3:58 pm, "DWW" wrote:
Where do you think the cholesterol in herbivores comes from in the first
place? It sure isn't from their diet. I.e. you can eat no meat or dairy
and still have high cholesterol.

Like you say, the human body manufactures its own cholesterol from
fat.
And, it does not have to be animal fat as vegetable fat works nearly
as well.
It is not enough to be a vegetarian. You have to eat low fat too.

Frank

Old 27-04-2007, 02:01 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Jangchub" wrote in message
Stop eating meat of all kinds, lower dairy intake, increase fiber and
soy and amazing things happen. I haven't eaten any meat of any kind
in years and my cholesterol combined is 145 and I'm 51.

Where do you get your protein from?

Old 27-04-2007, 02:07 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article . com,
Frank wrote:

On Apr 26, 3:58 pm, "DWW" wrote:
Where do you think the cholesterol in herbivores comes from in the first
place? It sure isn't from their diet. I.e. you can eat no meat or dairy
and still have high cholesterol.

Like you say, the human body manufactures its own cholesterol from
fat.
And, it does not have to be animal fat as vegetable fat works nearly
as well.
It is not enough to be a vegetarian. You have to eat low fat too.

Frank

Keep in mind that cholesterol production is enhanced with the
consumption of saturated fats. Fats and oils that are solid at room
temperature. It's one of those not too much, not too little things.
Cholesterol is used, in part, by the cell membranes to maintain cell
integrity but when it exceeds 200 mg/ 100 ml of blood serum, it starts
depositing on artery walls. I think the American Heart Association
recommends nor exceeding 20 grams (about 2/3 of an oz.)/day. As Frank
said dietary cholesterol and serum cholesterol are two different things.
Still, the doctors recommend against high cholesterol foods (like
shrimp) for people with high serum cholesterol.

- Bill
Cloribus gustibus non disputatum (mostly)
Old 27-04-2007, 02:16 AM posted to rec.gardens

There is no cholesterol in anything other than meat of any kind or
dairy of any kind. I laugh my ass off when I see a bag of chips which
says, no cholesterol. Grass has none, corn has none, only the cows
they grind up and feed BACK to the cows have cholesterol...and mad cow
disease.

On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 19:58:13 GMT, "DWW" wrote:

Where do you think the cholesterol in herbivores comes from in the first
place? It sure isn't from their diet. I.e. you can eat no meat or dairy
and still have high cholesterol.

.. .

Old 27-04-2007, 02:17 AM posted to rec.gardens

On 26 Apr 2007 15:09:28 -0700, Frank wrote:

On Apr 26, 3:58 pm, "DWW" wrote:
Where do you think the cholesterol in herbivores comes from in the first
place? It sure isn't from their diet. I.e. you can eat no meat or dairy
and still have high cholesterol.

Like you say, the human body manufactures its own cholesterol from
fat.
And, it does not have to be animal fat as vegetable fat works nearly
as well.
It is not enough to be a vegetarian. You have to eat low fat too.

Frank

No argument there. However, your body manufactures the good
cholesterol not the bad.
Old 27-04-2007, 02:21 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 20:01:09 -0500, "Manelli Family"
wrote:

"Jangchub" wrote in message
.. .
Stop eating meat of all kinds, lower dairy intake, increase fiber and
soy and amazing things happen. I haven't eaten any meat of any kind
in years and my cholesterol combined is 145 and I'm 51.

Where do you get your protein from?

Well, I still eat eggs and dairy, but I'm working toward being vegan
which is no animals in anything, no leather, etc...

We need far less protein than we think. I can't quote the grams we
need off hand, but it is MUCH lower than you think. I get it from soy
and other greens. There are so many ways to get protein by eating
only vegetables, but legumes and brown or wild rice also completes a
protein and at that you only need to eat rice and beans about three
times a week to get proper protein. Don't take my word for it, as
with anyone or anything else, I could be incorrect. Always check.
Old 27-04-2007, 10:24 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 12:13:36 -0500, Jangchub
wrote:

[...]

Nope. Vegetarian for 8 years and 2 hours activity daily, slightly
underweight. My cholesterol is 280, but I have a high good
cholesterol score. No drugs.
Old 27-04-2007, 12:21 PM posted to rec.gardens

[...]

thanks for comment... smile always

Old 27-04-2007, 01:13 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Apr 26, 3:58 pm, "DWW" wrote:
Where do you think the cholesterol in herbivores comes from in the first
place? It sure isn't from their diet. I.e. you can eat no meat or dairy
and still have high cholesterol.

Like you say, the human body manufactures its own cholesterol from
fat.
And, it does not have to be animal fat as vegetable fat works nearly
as well.
It is not enough to be a vegetarian. You have to eat low fat too.

Frank

No argument there. However, your body manufactures the good
cholesterol not the bad.

I'm not going to research this and draw my own conclusions but
chemically all cholesterol is the same:
http://www.cholesterol-and-health.co...structure.html
The difference between HDL and LDL is the lipoproteins that it travels
with.
(Not sure I would believe stuff in rest of cited website - I picked it
because first slide is correct).

For my part, with diagnosed angina and needing stents. I will do what
doctors say and keep away from a lot of animal fat, take Lipator and
lose belly fat. I got plenty of exercise and cholesterol ratio was
favorable but I still got blocked coronary arteries.Doctors blame my
poor, sainted mother who died of heart disease at 65.

Your comment in other post is correct that you can get balanced
protein from a wholey vegetarian diet. You just have to eat protein
from different vegetable sources as vegetable protein is not a
"complete protein", i.e. contains all essential amino acids as does
animal protein.

Frank