Old 12-05-2007, 02:33 PM posted to rec.gardens
jaf jaf is offline

Default Jasmine turning brown

I have had this jasmine planted for 3-4 years with no problems. It has
started to turn brown and no flowers yet. The plants on the other side
of the fence are doing better. I am in Raleigh, NC and the plant was
bought locally. Any ideas? You can take a look here

http://picasaweb.google.com/jfoote101/Jasmin

thanks

Old 12-05-2007, 03:26 PM posted to rec.gardens

jaf wrote in news:1178976826.968018.199940
@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:

I have had this jasmine planted for 3-4 years with no problems. It has
started to turn brown and no flowers yet. The plants on the other side
of the fence are doing better. I am in Raleigh, NC and the plant was
bought locally. Any ideas? You can take a look here

http://picasaweb.google.com/jfoote101/Jasmin

thanks

eyikes. I don't know Jasmine but that looks pretty dead. Have you
gotten down and looked at the base of the plant? Did it get damaged by a
lawn mower or weed-whacker? Or how about underground -- perhaps a
chewing/burrowing animal has completely chewed up the root system?

Old 13-05-2007, 01:59 AM posted to rec.gardens

On May 12, 6:33 am, jaf wrote:
I have had this jasmine planted for 3-4 years with no problems. It has
started to turn brown and no flowers yet. The plants on the other side
of the fence are doing better. I am in Raleigh, NC and the plant was
bought locally. Any ideas? You can take a look here

http://picasaweb.google.com/jfoote101/Jasmin

thanks

It looks to be what you would call Confederate Jasmine and we would
call Star Jasmine. I think you had some really cold weather?
It looks like frost/freezing damage. Cut off the brown dead parts down
to where there is some evidence of green. If you have to go all the
way down to the ground, there may be some regrowth from the roots.
Don's give up too early, my plumbago looked completely a goner,
but it now has a lot of nice green growth.
Good luck.
Emilie
NorCal

Old 13-05-2007, 04:55 AM
Registered User

Smile

leblanca;712736]On May 12, 6:33 am, jaf wrote:
[...]

i agree with emilie that your plant has suffered from the frost/freezing damage.
if u want to see if your plant is still alive scratch a few of the vines and see if they show green underneath.
if they are then u know your vine is still living and will take time to heal.
i would trim them as emilie has mentioned and then just wait and see what happens. after all u have nothing to lose as the plant is already damaged and a bit of trimming might help it.
good luck to ya. cyaaaaaa, sockiescat.