Old 12-08-2007, 03:58 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default A new garden.

Well, yesterday I finally filled in the hole left by that big Miscanthus
that I had DS remove for me. I pulled all the weeds, left the glads that
seem to have survived since I planted them 15 years ago and added all the
left over bags of soil, potting mix and compost to even it out. Gave it all
a good dig in and planted

One sedum - unknown upright that was elsewhere in the yard,
a variegated phlox,
Coral Lights huechera,
a Sweet William dianthus
A piece of my Rudbeckia maxima
Hens and chicks (actually, that is just a holding spot until I weed out it's
permanent spot)

I'll move a mini daylily in there later.....

So, off to get some laundry folded and maybe I can weed this afternoon.

Old 12-08-2007, 05:25 PM posted to rec.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

Cheryl Isaak expounded:

Well, yesterday I finally filled in the hole left by that big Miscanthus
that I had DS remove for me.

You got a miscanthus out of the ground? A big one? I couldn't even
budge mine. Fortunately move of it died during the winter three years
back and I took advantage of it - killed the rest and have a lovely
yellow baptisia there in its place (easier to see around at the end of
the driveway)
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts
Old 13-08-2007, 01:03 AM posted to rec.gardens

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
Well, yesterday I finally filled in the hole left by that big Miscanthus
that I had DS remove for me. I pulled all the weeds, left the glads that
seem to have survived since I planted them 15 years ago and added all the
left over bags of soil, potting mix and compost to even it out. Gave it all
a good dig in and planted

One sedum - unknown upright that was elsewhere in the yard,
a variegated phlox,
Coral Lights huechera,
a Sweet William dianthus
A piece of my Rudbeckia maxima
Hens and chicks (actually, that is just a holding spot until I weed out it's
permanent spot)

I'll move a mini daylily in there later.....

So, off to get some laundry folded and maybe I can weed this afternoon.

Oh, wow! You were busy....guess the injured finger must have felt up to
the work. We just got back from the shrimp festival. It was really hot,
but thankfully the heat wasn't as bad as it was here at home last week.
(Actually, I am supremely grateful that the heat wasn't that bad as the
AC is out on the van.) Got some laundry to catch up on, myself...part of
it is in the wash now while I catch up on my mail & groups.
Old 13-08-2007, 01:53 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 8/12/07 8:03 PM, in article , "rachael
simpson" wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
[...]

Rachel, sounds like you had fun!