Old 28-08-2007, 09:48 PM posted to alt.bitterness,misc.rural,rec.gardens

Default Disillusionment Of A Tree Grower

So I planted 1,000 trees over an eight-year period, and then Ronny
Reagan said that trees cause pollution. Apparently, a University of
Helsinki study confirmed this assertion in finding that trees,
especially conifers, release volative organic compounds that pollute.
In addition, they release NOX which contributes to smog.

I'm not getting into a ****ing contest with those who disagree; hell,
I ain't a scientist anyway. But there is no doubting the fact that
trees use copious amts. of H2O which, we are remineded, is in short
supply for an ever-growing world population.
Old 28-08-2007, 10:00 PM posted to alt.bitterness,misc.rural,rec.gardens

Way Back Jack wrote:
So I planted 1,000 trees over an eight-year period, and then Ronny
Reagan said that trees cause pollution. Apparently, a University of
Helsinki study confirmed this assertion in finding that trees,
especially conifers, release volative organic compounds that pollute.
In addition, they release NOX which contributes to smog.

I'm not getting into a ****ing contest with those who disagree; hell,
I ain't a scientist anyway. But there is no doubting the fact that
trees use copious amts. of H2O which, we are remineded, is in short
supply for an ever-growing world population.

Everything is a trade-off, you know? Plant a tree,
remove some CO2 from the environment...but gulp down a
whole lot of fresh water, and apparently release some
NOX, too.

There's no free lunch.
Old 29-08-2007, 03:41 AM posted to alt.bitterness,misc.rural,rec.gardens

In article ,
(Way Back Jack) wrote:

So I planted 1,000 trees over an eight-year period, and then Ronny
Reagan said that trees cause pollution. Apparently, a University of
Helsinki study confirmed this assertion in finding that trees,
especially conifers, release volative organic compounds that pollute.
In addition, they release NOX which contributes to smog.

I'm not getting into a ****ing contest with those who disagree; hell,
I ain't a scientist anyway. But there is no doubting the fact that
trees use copious amts. of H2O which, we are remineded, is in short
supply for an ever-growing world population.

For all his good Irish jokes Ray-gun was no scientist either. Not to
worry, trees clean particulate matter out of the air and provide us with
clean water.
--
FB - FFF

Billy

Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.
- Bob Marley
Old 29-08-2007, 09:21 AM posted to alt.bitterness,misc.rural,rec.gardens

"Way Back Jack" wrote in message

I suspect that you are funning but I'll play.

So I planted 1,000 trees over an eight-year period, and then Ronny
Reagan said that trees cause pollution.

The Ronny Rayguns who was almost as cogent as little Georgie Bush? The
reason their pronouncements are noted is not because the words are so wise
but because the speaker is so powerful.

Apparently, a University of
Helsinki study confirmed this assertion in finding that trees,
especially conifers, release volative organic compounds that pollute.
In addition, they release NOX which contributes to smog.

So what? 1000s of years ago before humans set about cutting down forests
there were many more trees than there are today. Was that bad? Should we
avoid that in future?

I'm not getting into a ****ing contest with those who disagree; hell,
I ain't a scientist anyway. But there is no doubting the fact that
trees use copious amts. of H2O which, we are remineded, is in short
supply for an ever-growing world population.

Yes trees do need water but forests act very positively as part of the water
cycle. Think of this way - what proportion of the water that trees use
stays in the tree? Over the life of the tree very little. In a healthy
forest even the small amount (by comparison to the total turnover) held in
the tree gets recycled. But in the life of a tree it sends round huge
amounts of water, to the great benefit of many organisms that grow with
them.

If you like deserts cut down all your trees.

David

Old 29-08-2007, 12:55 PM posted to alt.bitterness,misc.rural,rec.gardens

Way Back Jack wrote:
So I planted 1,000 trees over an eight-year period, and then Ronny
Reagan said that trees cause pollution. Apparently, a University of
Helsinki study confirmed this assertion in finding that trees,
especially conifers, release volative organic compounds that pollute.
In addition, they release NOX which contributes to smog.

I'm not getting into a ****ing contest with those who disagree; hell,
I ain't a scientist anyway. But there is no doubting the fact that
trees use copious amts. of H2O which, we are remineded, is in short
supply for an ever-growing world population.

Troll, troll, troll your boat
Gently down the stream

--
They're locking them up today they're throwing away the key
I wonder who it'll be tomorrow you or me.

Old 30-08-2007, 02:39 AM posted to misc.rural,rec.gardens

"Way Back Jack" wrote in message
So I planted 1,000 trees over an eight-year period, and then Ronny
Reagan said that trees cause pollution. Apparently, a University of
Helsinki study confirmed this assertion in finding that trees,
especially conifers, release volative organic compounds that pollute.
In addition, they release NOX which contributes to smog.

I'm not getting into a ****ing contest with those who disagree; hell,
I ain't a scientist anyway. But there is no doubting the fact that
trees use copious amts. of H2O which, we are remineded, is in short
supply for an ever-growing world population.

Believe that was way after Reagan. Relates about forest clear cutting in
Finland. Maybe clear cutting your forest ain't a good idea.
Nitrous oxide is a laughing matter especially its aspect regarding man-made
chemicals involved in smog.
"Copious" is a matter of relative use vs. benefit. Where does the water go
if trees and the environment it creates are not present.
Water is not in short supply. Naturally appearing and hygenically safe to
drink water is becoming that way. So is breathable air, thanks to smog and
cutting down trees en masse.
Dave

Old 30-08-2007, 03:55 AM posted to alt.bitterness,misc.rural,rec.gardens

On Aug 28, 4:48?pm, (Way Back Jack) wrote:
So I planted 1,000 trees over an eight-year period, and then Ronny
Reagan said that trees cause pollution. Apparently, a University of
Helsinki study confirmed this assertion in finding that trees,
especially conifers, release volative organic compounds that pollute.
In addition, they release NOX which contributes to smog.

I'm not getting into a ****ing contest with those who disagree; hell,
I ain't a scientist anyway. But there is no doubting the fact that
trees use copious amts. of H2O which, we are remineded, is in short
supply for an ever-growing world population.

Actually the quantity of water on planet Earth has always been the
same since the planet's creation, only thing chnes is where water
resides... I suppose if an astronaut takes a leak and jetisons it into
space well than some small amount of water is lost... but I believe
the astronauts bring back all the water they bring into space, in fact
I'm pretty certain that the astonaut's **** is recycled, many times..
just like here on Earth. If somehow there was a way for water to
escape this planet all life on Earth would have long ago ceased to
exist.

Old 30-08-2007, 12:31 PM posted to alt.bitterness,misc.rural,rec.gardens

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 19:55:48 -0700, Sheldon wrote:

Actually the quantity of water on planet Earth has always been the
same since the planet's creation, only thing chnes is where water
resides...

Yes, and when it "resides" inside a tree's cells, it cannot quench
your thirst.

Duh.
Old 30-08-2007, 03:12 PM posted to alt.bitterness,misc.rural,rec.gardens

On Aug 30, 7:31?am, (Way Back Jack) wrote:
On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 19:55:48 -0700, Sheldon wrote:
Actually the quantity of water on planet Earth has always been the
same since the planet's creation, only thing changes is where water
resides...

Yes, and when it "resides" inside a tree's cells, it cannot quench
your thirst.

Duh.

You never drank orange juice... however in your case prune juice is
more appropriate. DUH

Old 30-08-2007, 03:30 PM posted to alt.bitterness,misc.rural,rec.gardens

On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 07:12:14 -0700, Sheldon wrote:

On Aug 30, 7:31?am, (Way Back Jack) wrote:
On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 19:55:48 -0700, Sheldon wrote:
Actually the quantity of water on planet Earth has always been the
same since the planet's creation, only thing changes is where water
resides...

Yes, and when it "resides" inside a tree's cells, it cannot quench
your thirst.

Duh.

You never drank orange juice... however in your case prune juice is
more appropriate. DUH

Never drank oak juice, or spruce juice, or thousands of other tree
juices.

Furthermore, by the time you extract the orange juice, the people will
have died of dehydration.

Old 30-08-2007, 03:56 PM posted to alt.bitterness,misc.rural,rec.gardens
AL AL is offline

waybackjack wrote:
On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 07:12:14 -0700, Sheldon wrote:

On Aug 30, 7:31?am, (Way Back Jack) wrote:

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 19:55:48 -0700, Sheldon wrote:

Actually the quantity of water on planet Earth has always been the
same since the planet's creation, only thing changes is where water
resides...

Yes, and when it "resides" inside a tree's cells, it cannot quench
your thirst.

Duh.

You never drank orange juice... however in your case prune juice is
more appropriate. DUH

Never drank oak juice, or spruce juice, or thousands of other tree
juices.

Furthermore, by the time you extract the orange juice, the people will
have died of dehydration.

At least they can sit in the cool shade as they expire.

You must have been greatly relieved when John Denver died - looney
fanatic telling everyone to "plant a tree"...

Old 30-08-2007, 04:23 PM posted to alt.bitterness,misc.rural,rec.gardens

On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 09:56:10 -0500, AL wrote:

waybackjack wrote:
[...]

I planted 1,000 of 'em.

Not because he told me, though.
Old 30-08-2007, 05:53 PM posted to alt.bitterness,misc.rural,rec.gardens

waybackjack wrote:
[...]

Don't recall the details, but the gist of the incident was this: The
owners of a mountain lake surrounded by conifers wanted a bigger lake.
They decided that what stood between them a bigger lake was those pesky
trees using so much water. So, they cut down trees bordering the lake.
The water level in the lake went down.

Turns out that at their/similar locations, conifers "capture" more water
from fog/mist than they consume; they're a net positive.

Old 31-08-2007, 02:06 AM posted to alt.bitterness,misc.rural,rec.gardens

AL wrote:
You must have been greatly relieved when John Denver died - looney
fanatic telling everyone to "plant a tree"...

Since he died by crashing his plane into water thus making that bit of
it unusable, I doubt it.

Old 31-08-2007, 06:01 PM posted to alt.bitterness,misc.rural,rec.gardens

Pennyaline wrote in news:46d769bc$0$497$815e3792
@news.qwest.net:

AL wrote:
You must have been greatly relieved when John Denver died - looney
fanatic telling everyone to "plant a tree"...

Since he died by crashing his plane into water thus making that bit of
it unusable, I doubt it.

Making WHAT unusable? The water, the plane or his body? Anyone for two
out of three?

[IMG] code is On

fast grower recommendation please R United Kingdom 4 08-04-2003 06:32 PM
grower in mission viejo calif. area??? RABarrer Orchids 3 04-03-2003 05:27 AM
new grower Darlene Roses 5 04-02-2003 03:53 AM
Shiva - AZ new grower Darlene Roses 1 29-01-2003 03:34 PM