Old 11-09-2007, 06:37 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Looking for Free Fruit or Nuts Trees/Seedlings

Hi!
I am want to replace several trees I had to cut down last year or a
couple that will probably need to come down in teh next couple of
years. I would like to plant some nice fruit/nuts trees.
Unfortunately, due to a very low budget, I was wondering if any
gardening lovers outhere had some small trees/seedlings they would be
willing to send my way... I am very interested in European & American
Chestnuts, Hazelnuts, Multiple Fruit trees and edible berries
(Mulbery, current, etc.) and anything that could produce an edible
fruit.
I would be very gratefull!
Thanks!
Sincerely,
Save Antartica.

P.S.: I am located in West Chester, PA, USA

Old 11-09-2007, 06:51 PM posted to rec.gardens

wrote in
ps.com:

Hi!
I am want to replace several trees I had to cut down last
year or a couple that will probably need to come down in
teh next couple of years. I would like to plant some nice
fruit/nuts trees. Unfortunately, due to a very low budget,
I was wondering if any gardening lovers outhere had some
small trees/seedlings they would be willing to send my
way... I am very interested in European & American
Chestnuts, Hazelnuts, Multiple Fruit trees and edible
berries (Mulbery, current, etc.) and anything that could
produce an edible fruit.

i may have American Chestnut seeds. there are a *lot* of
seedpods on the tree, but, since it's an only child,
pollination tends to be low. i won't know how many actual nuts
there are until October.
this particular tree has had Chestnut Blight, but was pruned
severely & has survived (no sign of recurring blight in over
10 years). it has produced viable offspring, but none are old
enough to provide cross-pollination to increase the number of
viable nuts. if anyone else has American chestut seeds or
seedlings, i'd be interested in getting some genetic diversity
involved.
i also have black walnut seeds. i'll trade either/both for
blight resistant butternut.
lee where currants are illegal
Old 11-09-2007, 08:38 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Sep 11, 1:37?am, wrote:
Hi!
I am want to replace several trees I had to cut down last year or a
couple that will probably need to come down in teh next couple of
years. I would like to plant some nice fruit/nuts trees.
Unfortunately, due to a very low budget, I was wondering if any
gardening lovers outhere had some small trees/seedlings they would be
willing to send my way... I am very interested in European & American
Chestnuts, Hazelnuts, Multiple Fruit trees and edible berries
(Mulbery, current, etc.) and anything that could produce an edible
fruit.
I would be very gratefull!
Thanks!
Sincerely,
Save Antartica.

P.S.: I am located in West Chester, PA, USA

Your local Cornell Agri Extention may be able to supply you with
seedlings for free of for very cheap, depends on the size of your
property, etc.

Old 12-09-2007, 03:51 AM posted to rec.gardens

Sheldon wrote in
ups.com:

On Sep 11, 1:37?am, wrote:
P.S.: I am located in West Chester, PA, USA

Your local Cornell Agri Extention may be able to supply you
with seedlings for free of for very cheap, depends on the
size of your property, etc.

why would you think Cornell has extentions in PA? they are a
NY Land Grant University. i'm sure the OP could check with
*his* state ag uni for their extention agencies though.
lee
Old 12-09-2007, 04:09 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Sep 11, 10:51?pm, enigma wrote:
Sheldon wrote roups.com:

On Sep 11, 1:37?am, wrote:
P.S.: I am located in West Chester, PA, USA

Your local Cornell Agri Extention may be able to supply you
with seedlings for free of for very cheap, depends on the
size of your property, etc.

why would you think Cornell has extentions in PA? they are a
NY Land Grant University. i'm sure the OP could check with
*his* state ag uni for their extention agencies though.
lee

Are you naturally functionally illiterate or did you need to take
lessons.... ALL state agri extentions are interconnected and operate
in tandem. You've yet to offer any usefulness, only negativity... and
you suggested what specifically... as per usual NOTHING, just like
yourself a big fat NOTHING... a L I A R is what you are.

http://www.nysaes.cornell.edu/pp/ext.../smallfr.shtml

Old 12-09-2007, 11:44 AM posted to rec.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

Sheldon expounded:

Are you naturally functionally illiterate or did you need to take
lessons....

Enigma is neither, but you, as usual, are abusively ignorant.

ALL state agri extentions are interconnected and operate
in tandem. You've yet to offer any usefulness, only negativity... and
you suggested what specifically... as per usual NOTHING, just like
yourself a big fat NOTHING... a L I A R is what you are.

http://www.nysaes.cornell.edu/pp/ext.../smallfr.shtml

Just where on this page does it say that Cornell operates extension
offices in Pennsylvania? Sure, they offer their information to one
and all, but they most definitely do not have offices in Pennsylvania.

Don't be an asshole for the rest of your life, please!
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts
Old 12-09-2007, 12:57 PM posted to rec.gardens

Sheldon wrote in
ps.com:

:

http://pics.livejournal.com/ladylabyrinth/pic/00006pbf

ALL state agri extentions are
interconnected and operate in tandem.

as far as general advice & such, yes. supplying plant
materials & out-of-area specific advice, no.
when i'm at this farm, i get specific advice from the county
extention of UNH. when i'm at my NY farm, i get county
specific advice from Cornell. i certainly don't ask for advice
from UNH about growing conditions in Oswego county (nor would
i expect Cornell to know about Rockingham county, which can
vary from ag zone 6 to ag zone 4).

You've yet to offer
any usefulness, only negativity... and you suggested what
specifically... as per usual NOTHING, just like yourself a
big fat NOTHING... a L I A R is what you are.

no, i suggested that he contact the PA state land grant
college, who could refer him to the county extention nearest
him. i also offered him seeds, but of course you overlooked
that because i showed you up a few times & you just can't let
go
lee
Old 13-09-2007, 03:09 PM posted to rec.gardens

Ann wrote in
:

Charlie expounded:

G***amn Ann, what is your fascination with the sheldon
critter?

You just can't resist, can you? :-)

I think if you look through the threads currently active
you'll see I only respond to the idiot when he's being
particularly nasty - or so totally wrong it can't be left
alone for some poor soul to follow his rantings. Enigma is
a great member of this group and I can't watch her treated
that way. Fascinated with Shelly-poo? No, I just don't
like mean people.

aw, thanks Ann. Sheldon likes to think he knows everything on
several groups. while he may have areas of expertise, he does
have a *lot* of misconceptions & outright wrong ideas. oh,
well. makes life interesting, neh?
hey Sheldon. gonna come over & help me run sapline this
winter? hah hah hah
lee