Old 14-03-2008, 05:16 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Xenophobic Theist' message of hate in "wrecked gardens"

In article ,
FragileWarrior wrote:

Jangchub wrote in
:

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 03:50:32 -0700 (PDT), Ted
wrote:

On Mar 11, 12:53*pm, Ted wrote:
Never forget, never forgive those who have failed to protect American
citizens from the invasion.
Estimates range from 3 to 5,000 Americans killed last year by
homicides and drunken illegal
alien drivers.

ted

http://www.amren.com/*American Renaissance

Hopefully you drive a lot.

Is that a Buddhist precept? Wishing harm unto others? I must have
missed that in the brochure.

Fragil, you got it right. I don't think any of the great religions would
condone death for someone for speaking their mind. Perhaps Jangchubs
response to "Ted" wasn't an enlightened one but it is one that I shared
in the heat of the moment. It wasn't a wish for Ted's death but a
visceral reaction to his message which combined ostentatious concern
with social divisiveness. Not wanting to "kill the killers", I have to
hope that people will have enough sense to avoid these street corner
evangelists.

Ted got his information from a WorldNetDaily article by Joseph Farah
http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=53103 . I find to be
parasites of the paranoid, delusional right, making money from
publishing articles that feed the rights neurotic, dark fantasies. If
you want an opinion, go to the above web site.

But WorldNetDaily article by Joseph Farah are just bottom feeders of a
more highly placed attempt to divide and fracture our society. The
source of the article in question is Representative Steve King, 5th
Congressional District of Iowa, http://www.house.gov/steveking/ ,
whose latest pronouncement is that al Qaeda will be dancing in the
streets if Barack Obama is elected President.

It appears someone has left the asylum door open. Yes, this last bit was
ad hominem.
--

Billy

Impeach Pelosi, Bush & Cheney to the Hague
http://angryarab.blogspot.com/
http://rachelcorriefoundation.org/
Old 15-03-2008, 12:53 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Jangchub wrote:

You failed to mention that I'm not the Buddha, nor do I make claims of
being a perfect Buddhist. No such a thing, sorry to say. Maybe HHDL
and many other very high adept Lama's, definitely not me. If I was
"there" I wouldn't need practice. I just ignore the stupids comments.
Just blather. Like my blather. We all have it.

But you are the Buddha Jangchub. We are all the Buddha. Where isn't
Buddha? (Hey, come on, put the wet sheets away, give me a chance.) It is
our western way of thought, that Cartesian duality that was impressed
upon me lately, that says that we are each separate entities. Whereas in
reality at what we call our boundaries (our surfaces), liquids, gasses,
and solids are entering and leaving us all the time. A molecule of
oxygen is connected to us at one end and to a molecule of nitrogen at
the other. Water and solids are half in and half out, connected to us
and our environment. The boundary is arbitrary. We are not prt of the
One. We are the One. The buddha nature sees this and sees itself.

Now that that is out of the way, can anybody tell me about bush snow
peas? I'm growing some Oregon Surgar Pod II bush snow peas but the
spacing I am getting is 1" to 4" a part, but even the vining peas get
12" in diameter. I'm sure that the bush peas will be at least 12" to 18"
in diameter, so wouldn't it make more sense to space them at least a
foot a part? I started nine of them under grow lights and they are VERY
vigorous. The ground is 55F, my dog, I mean my target is 60 F and then
in they go.

It was all very exciting shoving the mulch aside today to take garden
temps. The earthworms were in the mulch. If ol' man Sun cooperates, this
should be a very good year for my garden.

So can anyone tell me about bush snow peas?

Old 15-03-2008, 02:01 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Mar 14, 6:20 pm, Steve wrote:
On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 17:53:24 -0700, Billy
wrote:

So can anyone tell me about bush snow peas?

BUSH snow peas?!?!?! B U S H snow peas?!?!?!?
Murderous, self-serving, fascist, corrupt, baby-eating, lying,
dog-kicking plants. All of 'em. No, don't try and mollify me, I've got
link after link after link of proven conspiratorial and underhanded
dealing of those peas!

Impeach Bush peas!
Shoot Bush peas!
RoundUp the B@astards!!!

Have you asked Ann?

ROTFL, good one Steve........

Emilie
Old 15-03-2008, 05:00 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Jangchub wrote:

On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 17:53:24 -0700, Billy
wrote:

In article ,
Jangchub wrote:

[...]

We all have Buddha nature, yes. We all have that potential to realize
emptiness and no longer become seduced by the labels we assign to
things as if they are somehow dualistic. Indeed we are in complete
agreement. Where we a muddied just a tad is the idea that we are the
Buddha from our own side. We have the potential, just as an acorn has
the potential of being an oak tree. Under the proper conditions,
cultivation, patience, and nourishing is how that acorn will be the
oak. If not given all these conditions, it's just a brown thing.

You is or you ain't. Is you or ain't you? You know that it is just a
game.
Now that that is out of the way, can anybody tell me about bush snow
peas? I'm growing some Oregon Surgar Pod II bush snow peas but the
spacing I am getting is 1" to 4" a part, but even the vining peas get
12" in diameter. I'm sure that the bush peas will be at least 12" to 18"
in diameter, so wouldn't it make more sense to space them at least a
foot a part? I started nine of them under grow lights and they are VERY
vigorous. The ground is 55F, my dog, I mean my target is 60 F and then
in they go.

It was all very exciting shoving the mulch aside today to take garden
temps. The earthworms were in the mulch. If ol' man Sun cooperates, this
should be a very good year for my garden.

So can anyone tell me about bush snow peas?

No idea. It was in the 90s today, long past peas around here!

I'm Victoria the Buddhist practitioner. I am aspiring. I am wishing.

You are the Buddha, relax.

Old 15-03-2008, 05:02 AM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

So can anyone tell me about bush snow peas?

BUSH snow peas?!?!?! B U S H snow peas?!?!?!?
Murderous, self-serving, fascist, corrupt, baby-eating, lying,
dog-kicking plants. All of 'em. No, don't try and mollify me, I've got
link after link after link of proven conspiratorial and underhanded
dealing of those peas!

Impeach Bush peas!
Shoot Bush peas!
RoundUp the B@astards!!!

Have you asked Ann?

Let me rephrase, can any one tell me about non-vining snow peas.

**** Bush.

Old 15-03-2008, 05:07 AM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

So can anyone tell me about bush snow peas?

BUSH snow peas?!?!?! B U S H snow peas?!?!?!?
Murderous, self-serving, fascist, corrupt, baby-eating, lying,
dog-kicking plants. All of 'em. No, don't try and mollify me, I've got
link after link after link of proven conspiratorial and underhanded
dealing of those peas!

Impeach Bush peas!
Shoot Bush peas!
RoundUp the B@astards!!!

Have you asked Ann?

snork That just cost me a few drops 'o Guinness.

Good shot to Billy's..... peas.

Sláinte
Charlie

And what are you doing drinking Guinness? Have you had a miraculous
recovery then? I hope you've thought of the grandfather that your
grandchildren will be missin'.

Old 15-03-2008, 05:12 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article , Charlie wrote:

On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 04:05:47 GMT, Steve wrote:

On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 21:19:35 -0500, Charlie wrote:

Good shot to Billy's..... peas.

I love Billy, hell, we're almost neighbors.
But I think he plonked me last year... prolly won't see it.

Ya' just gotta beat him like a rented mule when he becomes unruly.
He'll bluster and bitch and bray, and often go ballistic, but he's a
keeper.

(This should troll him in like a shark to chum and he'll see ya' :-))

Always glad to give ya a giggle, Charlie.

And I thank ye, Laddie. 'Tis the Season of Dear St. Patrick and those
of us who are descended are in high spirits. And perhaps *under* the
influence of the spirits. ;-)

"May the frost never afflict your spuds.
May the leaves of your cabbage always be free from worms.
May the crows never pick your haystack.
If you inherit a donkey, may she be in foal."

Guid forder!
Charlie

Ah, the Irish Pub.
It is where one goes to be
bellicose, lachrymose, and comatose.
As polite company says it, Intercourse the Queen!

Old 15-03-2008, 11:06 AM posted to rec.gardens

Billy wrote in

ct.net.au:

So can anyone tell me about bush snow peas?

i put mine on 1' centers in a 4 sq.foot raised bed & they did
fine... but they weren't fenced off so the chickens got most
of my peas
i really prefer the vining type, but that's just me being
"traditional". i don't like bush beans either. i like the
extended harvets of the pole types (& the flavor. blue lake
bush is so bland)
lee watching it snow & preparing to boil sap today
--
Last night while sitting in my chair
I pinged a host that wasn't there
Old 15-03-2008, 03:06 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
enigma wrote:

Billy wrote in

ct.net.au:

So can anyone tell me about bush snow peas?

i put mine on 1' centers in a 4 sq.foot raised bed & they did
fine... but they weren't fenced off so the chickens got most
of my peas
i really prefer the vining type, but that's just me being
"traditional". i don't like bush beans either. i like the
extended harvets of the pole types (& the flavor. blue lake
bush is so bland)
lee watching it snow & preparing to boil sap today

Thanks Lee. I've had nothing but trouble with peas and beans on my
trellis. The trellis is three years old, and I'm still developing the
soil. Last year I went to, uh, non-vining beans with excellent results.
I'm hoping the peas will do the same. This year the trellis will get
trombocini (sp?), which did well there last year, and an herb, Jiaogulan.

Thanks again.

Apologies for last night's imprudent remark.

Old 15-03-2008, 07:05 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article . com,
Steve wrote:

On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 22:02:49 -0700, Billy
wrote:

Let me rephrase, can any one tell me about non-vining snow peas.

Peas that have done well for us have been the Super Sugar Snap and
Oregon giant types, FWIW.
Easy to grow from seed. No need for a more complicated trellis than a
piece of bamboo rod stuck in the ground. Amazing yields.
I'm a bit south from you and a little higher elevation.

What do you want to know, specifically?

Essentially, Im looking at spacing. What I've read so far is to plant
the peas 1" to 4" apart, which makes no sense to me unless one was going
to comeback in and thin afterwards. I must have a faulty premise
somewhere. Otherwise, I plan to plant a foot apart.

Next year I'll go for the the Oregon Giant if I can find it as a, how
shall I say it, non-vining form.

I've tried beans and peas on my trellis and they just don't thrive. The
trellis is in a relatively new area of the garden so maybe it's just a
matter of breaking down the clay. I had a climbing squash there last
year and when it finally got some heat it took off (of course me
thinking it was a weed and pulling it out didn't help it either.)

South of me and higher ground, you say? Mt. Tam or the Santa Cruz
Mountains?

Old 16-03-2008, 05:25 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article . com,
Steve wrote:

On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 12:05:51 -0700, Billy
wrote:

Essentially, Im looking at spacing. What I've read so far is to plant
the peas 1" to 4" apart, which makes no sense to me unless one was going
to comeback in and thin afterwards. I must have a faulty premise
somewhere. Otherwise, I plan to plant a foot apart.

We square foot garden, as ridiculous as that name is, and we space at
2 per square foot. That, perhaps obviously, equates to about a 6 inch
spacing and seemed perfect.

Next year I'll go for the the Oregon Giant if I can find it as a, how
shall I say it, non-vining form.

My seeds came from Renee's and would not be considered vining to my
mind and experience with them.

I've tried beans and peas on my trellis and they just don't thrive.

For us, they seemed quite temperature sensitive. Seeds from early
summer caught and surpassed seeds from spring to a rather remarkable
degree. Additionally, they were productive into late September, FWIW.

The
trellis is in a relatively new area of the garden so maybe it's just a
matter of breaking down the clay. I had a climbing squash there last
year and when it finally got some heat it took off (of course me
thinking it was a weed and pulling it out didn't help it either.)

South of me and higher ground, you say? Mt. Tam or the Santa Cruz
Mountains?

We're from the SC mountains, thank you very much, and in the Sierra
foothills now. The real estate in a cultural wasteland is priced
accordingly, you see. ;-)

Thanks for the insight. I'll try at 6" (14 cm) spacings.
The problem with moving to the boondocks is that often YOU are the
CULTURE. The Weaverville Syndrome (as we call it).