Old 22-04-2003, 09:08 PM

Default Good indoor plants for bachelor?

What are some good "kill proof" plants for indoor use?

Something a bachelor cant kill? G
Old 22-04-2003, 09:20 PM
Cereoid-XXXX

How may times has this question been asked here this year?

For you would be recommended artificial silk plants.

Have you considered getting erotic sculpture instead?

Old 22-04-2003, 10:08 PM
jhultman

Ask why are they dying?
Probably from over watering.
Find a moisture tester at HD or a garden supply store.

I found my watering every couple of weeks was way too much.
With the moisture tester I now know for sure when, and when not
to water. Other than some proper light, good to go.

jeff

Old 22-04-2003, 11:08 PM
Trish K.

Buy a 'Monstera' or Madagascar Dragon Tree. They are fairly easy, and
as long as you put them near a bright window have much of what they will
need. Then in the morning when you wake up to make coffee , use the
water on the monstera or tree, if, that is, you feel the soil is dry.
However unpleasant this plant before coffee may seem. plants need water
and this much of your life as you intend nothing more.

now about fertilizer you wild and crazy guy...

Old 23-04-2003, 02:56 AM
Phisherman

There are a few easy growers. You will still need to be careful about
watering. Cast-iron plant (aspidistra), sansevieria (mother-in-law or
snake plant), jade plant, spiderplant, grape ivy, screwpine, or
philodendron. These plants are not too fussy. Water these once a week.

If you have a few hours of direct sunlight, most cacti are good
choices if you water once a month and don't let the pot rest in the
water that has drained.

Actually the only "kill-proof" plants are plastic ones.
;-)

Old 23-04-2003, 02:56 AM
zxcvbob

I was gonna say aspidistra and mother-in-law plant, but you beat me to it.
Chinese evergreen is another one. About the only way to kill it is to
overwater it. (However, completely underwater is OK.)

Bob

Old 23-04-2003, 02:32 PM
Zemedelec

That depends on the reason you're a bachelor. I know a couple of bachelors who
have a superb houseplant and outdoor tropical collection in the NO French
quarter--but they ARE a couple, and these are their much-pampered children. If
you're heterosexual and not averse to romance, I'd say start with the sunniest
spots and try to grow something with flowers and/or fragrance--and without
thorns!
All the suggestions made before are good, although unless you pay a lot of
attention to a diverse (color and shape) leaf selection, you'll have rather a
dreary lot.

Leslie in New Orleans
zemedelec
Old 24-04-2003, 09:32 PM
TOM KAN PA

Philodendron

Old 29-04-2003, 10:08 AM
Fleemo

wrote in message . ..
What are some good "kill proof" plants for indoor use?

Something a bachelor cant kill? G

In my opinion, the perfect bachelor plant is Golden Hunter's Robe,
also known as Golden Pothos. (A picture on a florist's website is at
http://store3.yimg.com/I/sendflowers...m_1736_5843387)

This plant is very, very forgiving of bad watering. Despite regular
neglect, it'll still perform nicely. Cuttings can even be placed in a
vase or some other container of water where it won't need to be
watered until the entire container dries out. Perfect for live plants
in difficult-to-reach spots. If placed in high-light areas, more of
its variegated gold color comes out, but it'll do pretty well in a
moderately low-light situation as well.

-Fleemo

[IMG] code is On

Big, easy houseplants for bachelor idiot [email protected] Gardening 4 21-04-2008 12:18 PM
Bachelor Button Ook Garden Photos 0 16-07-2007 01:57 AM
good Indoor Plants for an Office without Window Salty Thumb Gardening 0 28-02-2004 10:42 AM
anyone know any good *indoor* plants for the hornsby area karma_2120 Australia 1 24-04-2003 06:08 AM
Good indoor plants for bachelor? [email protected] Gardening 0 22-04-2003 02:20 AM