Old 27-01-2009, 01:02 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default We will see if it can be fixed

On Jan 25, 10:09*am, Jangchub wrote:
On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 02:25:31 +0000 (UTC), enigma
wrote:

what does milk of any kind have to do with eating meat?

Everything. *We don't need milk after we're weaned. *But somehow
parents teach their children meat is next.

and any human mother that needs to return to work, but still wishes
to provide her baby with breast milk certainly does hook herself up
to a milking machine. check out the Medela Pump in Style...

Right, provide her baby, baby key word. *She wouldn't pump for her 12
year old, or for the household milk supply. *She wouldn't take
hormones to stay in a state of pregnancy and delivery so her milk
continues. *Do you know women who pump milk to serve her family?

I need cites which prove humans are omnivores in their taxonomy.

http://www.vrg.org/nutshell/omni.htm

hth
lee

Your cite wrote:

Omnivorism

The key category in the discussion of human diet is omnivores, which
are defined as generalized feeders, with neither carnivore nor
herbivore specializations for acquiring or processing food, and who
are capable of consuming and do consume both animal protein and
vegetation. They are basically *opportunistic* feeders (survive by
eating what is available) with more generalized anatomical and
physiological traits, especially the dentition (teeth). All the
available evidence indicates that the natural human diet is omnivorous
and would include meat. We are not, however, required to consume
animal protein. We have a choice.

Clearly we are not omnivores by birth. *We eat what's available. *It's
a choice. * So, right there in that statement it clearly defines we do
not need meat, rather we choose it.

And I don't need to read books -- I choose to.

We are also a society in which one out of two people will die of heart
disease due to clogged arteries. *

Tough shit for them. I won't.

Hey, eat meat

Thank you. Now will you shut up?

My preference is to get what I need from plants, grains, nuts
and seeds.

Wonderful. I wish you health and happiness. Stop sounding like some
old harpy at the senior center and leave us the hell alone.

cheers

oz, happy omnivore, by choice

Old 06-02-2009, 02:58 PM posted to rec.gardens

Cows basically eat all day and chew their cud and have multiple stomachs loaded with
bacteria that can break down cellulose. Grass eaters are also stupid.

The only protein found in plants are enzymes. Proteins are not used for structure.
This means very low levels of proteins. Humans cannot thrive on green vegetables
only because our gut is not designed to extract much nutrition from "greens".

The only part of the plant with a higher protein to cellulose ratio are seeds. Plants
typically dont have all the essential amino acids, so mixtures of seeds need to be
eaten at the same time to provide all amino acids.
Here is table of protein in typical seeds
file:///c:/DOCUME~1/INGRID~1/LOCALS~1/TEMP/T0567E04.GIF

symptoms of protein deficiency.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kwashiorkor

Ingrid

On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 07:25:53 -0600, Jangchub wrote:
Thewhole protein bullshit is so untrue. Cows are vegans. They eat grass.
Hmmm. I wonder how they got all those muscles we love to eat.