Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-02-2009, 03:49 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Japanese bettles

Have any of you out there got a sure fire way of getting rid of or
controlling these pests? For 2 years in a row now they have infested my
plum, cherry,and apple trees. Also my 3 grape vines. They appear to start
coming around Mothers day. I've tried malathion which temporarily helped,
and a mixture of sevin concentrate mixed with dawn dish soap and water. It
controlled them for a day, but the next day they were at it again. The
ground would be covered with dead ones, but the next day there would be new
ones that arrived. I was so fed up that I was considering cutting the trees
down. I'm afraid to eat any fruit if there is any because of all the
chemicals. I live in Springfield, Illinois. I've never seen any beetles
until 1907. I would appreciate any help or suggestion any of you out there
may have.
Thanks for your help.

[IMG] code is On

Question aboutmixture for killing japanese bettles Joe[_15_] Gardening 21 27-04-2009 07:07 PM
bettles Tom C Gardening 5 20-05-2003 03:08 PM
japanese oxheart tomato Zphysics1 Edible Gardening 0 29-03-2003 05:08 AM
[IBC] Japanese Maples From Seed (now X-rated!) Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 06-02-2003 03:54 PM
[IBC] Japanese Maples From Seed Ben Griffin Bonsai 0 06-02-2003 03:30 PM