Old 23-02-2003, 12:03 AM
Ryunen

Default Simple Green

Does anyone out there know the chemical make-up of Simple Green? We
are wondering if it's a quaternary ammonia compund, and if it's OK to
pour mop water on the compost pile to add moisture. We are already
using the washing up water from our sinks.
Old 23-02-2003, 03:15 AM
Lar

In article bd0d7dbd.0302221558.12028e49
@posting.google.com, says...
Does anyone out there know the chemical make-up of Simple Green? We
are wondering if it's a quaternary ammonia compund, and if it's OK to
pour mop water on the compost pile to add moisture. We are already
using the washing up water from our sinks.

The MSDS is here..
http://www.simplegreen.com/msds/sgmsds.pdf
and the ph of the cleaner is suppose to range from 9.3-
9.5

The following info was about the foam, guessing it
would be the same as the liquid cleaner...

What are the ingredients in Simple Green All Purpose
Cleaner Foam?

Simple Green All Purpose Cleaner Foam consists of a
number of surfactant (surface-active) agents and wetting
agents (soaps and shampoos also contain surfactants).
Simple Green All Purpose Cleaner Foam does not contain
chlorine bleach, ammonia or formaldehyde.

Why aren't the ingredients listed on the label?

Simple Green All Purpose Cleaner Foam is non-toxic.
Therefore, the listing of the ingredients on the label
is not required. Simple Green All Purpose Cleaner Foam's
unique formula is protected under the Trade Secrecy Act
and has been extensively tested to verify its claims.
Simple Green All Purpose Cleaner Foam complies with all
current labeling requirements on ingredient disclosure
for cleaning products.

--
Amateurs built the ark ....
Professionals built the Titanic

Lar. (to e-mail, get rid of the BUGS!!

Old 23-02-2003, 01:51 PM
Tom Jaszewski

The MSDS is on their web site. Because we use it at work we are
required to have a MSDS available .

http://www.simplegreen.com/msds/gsacore.pdf

On Sun, 23 Feb 2003 02:32:56 GMT, zhanataya
wrote:

On 22 Feb 2003 15:58:57 -0800, (Ryunen) wrote:

Does anyone out there know the chemical make-up of Simple Green? We
are wondering if it's a quaternary ammonia compund, and if it's OK to
pour mop water on the compost pile to add moisture. We are already
using the washing up water from our sinks.

They have a number 1-800-228-0709 or
www.simplegreen.com. You'd
probably get better satisfaction from the 1-800 number.

zhan

Regards,

tomj
Old 23-02-2003, 03:15 PM
zhanataya

On Sun, 23 Feb 2003 13:36:50 GMT, Tom Jaszewski
wrote:

The MSDS is on their web site. Because we use it at work we are
required to have a MSDS available .

http://www.simplegreen.com/msds/gsacore.pdf

Good. I'd forgotten about MSDS sheets.

Old 23-02-2003, 03:27 PM
Dave Fouchey

wrote:

The MSDS is on their web site. Because we use it at work we are
required to have a MSDS available .

http://www.simplegreen.com/msds/gsacore.pdf

Good. I'd forgotten about MSDS sheets.

I get remineded EVERY year in our Hazmat and Environmental training...

Dave

Old 23-02-2003, 03:51 PM
zhanataya

wrote:

The MSDS is on their web site. Because we use it at work we are
required to have a MSDS available .

http://www.simplegreen.com/msds/gsacore.pdf

Good. I'd forgotten about MSDS sheets.

I get remineded EVERY year in our Hazmat and Environmental training...

Dave

I should have remembered. When I was working we had them on
clipboards hanging everywhere.
Old 23-02-2003, 06:03 PM
Tom Jaszewski

wrote:

I'd forgotten about MSDS sheets.

A recent OSHA inspection reminded me!!!!

Regards,

tomj
Old 23-02-2003, 06:15 PM
Dave Fouchey

wrote:

I'd forgotten about MSDS sheets.

A recent OSHA inspection reminded me!!!!

Regards,

tomj

They do tend to do that don;t they? ;-)

Dave

Old 24-02-2003, 02:15 AM
Ryunen

The following info was about the foam, guessing it
would be the same as the liquid cleaner...

What are the ingredients in Simple Green All Purpose
Cleaner Foam?

Simple Green All Purpose Cleaner Foam consists of a
number of surfactant (surface-active) agents and wetting
agents (soaps and shampoos also contain surfactants).
Simple Green All Purpose Cleaner Foam does not contain
chlorine bleach, ammonia or formaldehyde.

Well, I think I'll give it a try. I've been collecting coffee

grounds from a local coffee shop, so I think the pH bit will even out.
I'll let you know if it kills off my little compost beasties. Thanks
to everybody for your help. =)