Old 10-04-2009, 10:26 PM
Registered User

Default Charlie Dimmock

I would love to see her bush if you get me.
She has not been on tv for ages, anyone know what happened?
Old 11-04-2009, 06:49 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Question - Best way to kill a fox?

In article ,
mr_bulb wrote:

is there any traps i can setup?

First learn to speak ****in' English mother-****er. Be there any traps
that I can set up?

Hey, cut the ****er some slack. I'm sure he wouldn't be dealin' with
your sorry ass, if s/he had a choice.

What he be doin'? Diggin' up mulch to find grubs?

I got me a motion activated sprinkler because I had me some raccoons
diggin' up my garden for grubs. I turned off the water after the first
night, but the damn thing still makes a click, if somethin' gets in
front of it. Mr. coon gets the drift. He can take a little but not a
lot. S/he has the compost pile and has dug up a few plants. I give 'em
10% but it hasn't come to that. Get your sorry ass a motion activated
sprinkler and throw the damn fox a bone. With a fox in your yard, you
won't be havin' problems with other large predators. S/he may even take
out out a couple of gophers or moles that are messin' witcha.

There's alway time to go 'Merican on it later, if'in you has to.
Try to get along wit it first. The fox is there for a reason.

"Today the eyes of all people are truly upon us ‹ and our governments,
in every branch, at every level, national, state and local, must be as a
city upon a hill - constructed and inhabited by men aware of their great
trust and their great responsibilities

For we are setting out upon a voyage in 1961 no less hazardous than that
undertaken by the Arabella in 1630. We are committing ourselves to tasks
of statecraft no less awesome than that of governing the Massachusetts
Bay Colony, beset as it was then by terror without and disorder within.
History will not judge our endeavors ‹ and a government cannot be
selected ‹merely on the basis of color or creed or even party
affiliation. Neither will competence and loyalty and stature, while
essential to the utmost, suffice in times such as these.

For of those to whom much is given, much is required. And when at some
future date the high court of history sits in judgment on each one of us
‹ recording whether in our brief span of service we fulfilled our
responsibilities to the state ‹ our success or failure, in whatever
office we may hold, will be measured by the answers to four questions:
First, were we truly men of courage ‹ with the courage to stand up to
one's enemies ‹ and the courage to stand up, when necessary, to one's
associates ‹ the courage to resist public pressure, as well as private
greed?

Secondly, were we truly men of judgment ‹ with perceptive judgment of
the future as well as the past ‹ of our own mistakes as well as the
mistakes of others ‹ with enough wisdom to know that we did not know,
and enough candor to admit it?

Third, were we truly men of integrity ‹ men who never ran out on
either the principles in which they believed or the people who believed
in them ‹ men who believed in us ‹ men whom neither financial gain
nor political ambition could ever divert from the fulfillment of our
sacred trust?

Finally, were we truly men of dedication ‹ with an honor mortgaged to
no single individual or group, and compromised by no private obligation
or aim, but devoted solely to serving the public good and the national
interest.

- John F. Kennedy in a speech delivered to a 'Joint Convention of the
General Court of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts' on January 9, 1961.
-------

Words to live by boy. Words to live by.
--

- Billy

Old 11-04-2009, 01:24 PM posted to rec.gardens

"mr_bulb" wrote in message

What is the best way to kill a fox? He keeps coming into my garden and
wreckin my plants. I tried to catch him with a rake but he was too
quick for me.

A slug is too quick for you... speaking of slugs...

Place a .38 snub nose in your ear and pull the trigger... hopefully the
bullet won't miss your peabrain... Foxy Loxy won't bother widdle bubba bulby
anymore.

Old 11-04-2009, 05:24 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
John Morrison wrote:

On Fri, 10 Apr 2009 22:49:25 -0700, Billy wrote:

In article ,
mr_bulb wrote:

is there any traps i can setup?

I use a cat trap which will catch cats, foxes, possums, small dogs etc.
The trap doesn't harm the animal but once captured the animal will need to
be put down.

Better than stompin' them I suppose but with the human driven, mass
world-wide extinction of species, I would first suggest an attempt at
coexistence and maybe a small tithe of your garden's production. Maybe
you've tried the olive branch approach, to no end, and feel out of
options. One parting question. Do you have rats?

First learn to speak ****in' English mother-****er. Be there any traps
that I can set up?

Thanks Billy.

My pleasure, I'm sure.
--

- Billy

Old 13-04-2009, 12:03 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Fri, 10 Apr 2009 22:09:21 +0100, mr_bulb wrote:

What is the best way to kill a fox? He keeps coming into my garden and
wreckin my plants. I tried to catch him with a rake but he was too
quick for me, is there any traps i can setup?

Hava Heart puts out an animal trap... good for the usual mix of critters... might work
for your fox depending upon the size.

Local Animal Control might be of assistance.. if you're in a populated area. However they
usually kill the animals when caught.

When you catch the fox, you gotta figure out what to do with it... ie... you have a wild
critter on your hands... and he might be kinda ****ed !! Or scared... either one will
buy you a bite if you're not careful.

The professional trappers use leg hold traps... usually kills or cripples the animal.
..
You can do - rat poison mixed with canned dog food.... however you'll probably
see a lot more dead animals than the fox. It's a method I would not recommend
but you didn't provide a lot of details.

So, those are ways you can trap dispose of the critter.... none are very nice.. but
you asked.

I would probably use a more humane way...You'll sleep better at night.
The motion activated sprinkler is a good idea... If you have a dog, keep him visible...

Foxes have been known to keep the squirrel and rabbit population down. Unless
they have lodging around your property, they normally won't stay in an area for
a long period of time, unless birthing.

You might try .. giving the fox an alternative food supply... place it away from the
house or garden. using canned dog food or kibble. Again... foxes probably won't
settle down in an area inhabited by people unless they have a den nearby.

Now I'm kinda curious... foxes usually hunt at dusk or night.... I've seen them during
the day making their rounds, but not too frequently. usually early morning or twilight.
So if you had a fox eating in your garden, during daytime and you were close enough to
attack it with a rake.... somethings not right.

Foxes occasionally carry rabies. Rabid foxes are not fearful of humans and can be
agressive.

Is it a friendly fox... people keep them as pets...treat them almost like you would
treat a dog... they bond pretty well with humans... .Perhaps a neighbor is feeding him??
Don't walk up to him and pet him... but perhaps, like many other animals, deer,
raccoon.. he's becoming domesticated.

Those are suggestions.. many people on this newsgroup seem to share a co-existance
philosophy.....critters might be wild, they might be dumb, but they're trying to make a
living, just like you and me.... sometimes it's easier to put up with them. We're lucky
to have them around.

Other people think anything in the wild is rabid and needs to be destroyed immediately...
(and don't forget to wash your hands afterwards too !!)

you didn't provide a lot of detail... so these are just general suggestions /
observations.

Peter

Old 13-04-2009, 09:35 PM posted to rec.gardens

The Hav-A-Hart trap baited with a chicken leg. It should be a large
trap. But who knows what you will catch. Here it can be possum,
racoon, squirrel, bird, etc. With a trap, at least you can see what
it is before you decide to kill it. The fox tail make a nice
souvenir.
Old 13-04-2009, 09:48 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Jangchub" wrote in message
On Mon, 13 Apr 2009 17:05:48 +0000 (UTC), enigma
wrote:

Jangchub wrote in
m:

On Mon, 13 Apr 2009 13:22:27 GMT, "brooklyn1"
wrote:

"Jangchub" wrote in message
m...
On Mon, 13 Apr 2009 07:03:21 -0400, wrote:

Foxes have been known to keep the squirrel and rabbit
population down. Unless
they have lodging around your property, they normally won't
stay in an area for
a long period of time, unless birthing.

If there is a fox hanging around, it most definitely has pups
and a den. Since they are solitary animals, once the pups are
weaned they leave. I have a fox who I welcome since all her
places to have pups have been paved by Walmart parking lots.

You're full of doodoo... you just keep make it up as you go...
typical for you.

Yeah, right... you're a big time fox professional now... anyone
with a third grade education knows fox young are called "kits".
duh

"Fox pups" is correct, you asshole.

as is kit, or even cub (although i don't know anyone that calls
them anything but kit).
what do you call a male fox?
lee

My point is, the term, if one searches on it will come up with many,
many sites using the term properly and "pups" is one such term. I
don't know what a male fox is called; a fox? Maybe you didn't see the
dummard I was replying to with his inane substance or lack of.
Victoria

Everyone is laughing at you... you so hate to be proven wrong that you just
keep digging yourself into an ever deeper hole. Young fox are indeed kits,
the unknowing refer to them as pups, even cubs, but the correct term is
kit... you'd lose that 5th grader show. A male fox is called a reynard, or
a dog. A female fox is a vixen. And you'e the big wildlife Professional,
holy shit! Geeze but you are dumb, and you are dumb because you are
unwilling to learn. You'll always be the dumbest one... you could not have
possibly earned a high school diploma, you even failed your GED... we can
tell you're dumb from your LEAVES! G

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. . . .

Old 14-04-2009, 01:55 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Phisherman wrote:

The Hav-A-Hart trap baited with a chicken leg. It should be a large
trap. But who knows what you will catch. Here it can be possum,
racoon, squirrel, bird, etc. With a trap, at least you can see what
it is before you decide to kill it. The fox tail make a nice
souvenir.

Yeah, you can fly it over rat-topia, when the rats return. There's a
reason for predators, ya know?
--

- Billy

Old 19-04-2009, 04:37 PM posted to rec.gardens

foxes are in the dog family. they are after something that is eating your garden,
not the veggies (altho they will eat grapes). they are VERY good rodent control
agents.

leave them alone and if you can get that close they might be rabid then LEAVE THEM
ALONE.
Old 20-04-2009, 01:42 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_bulb View Post
I would love to see her bush if you get me.
She has not been on tv for ages, anyone know what happened?
She will be back i read it on the bbc website about a month ago
__________________
Carp fishing
Repairs UK
Old 20-04-2009, 01:43 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy[_7_] View Post
In article ,
mr_bulb
wrote:

[...]

why would you want to kill a fox . There just going about there daily lifa and will do anything to get food , its called nature
__________________
Carp fishing
Repairs UK
Old 20-04-2009, 03:12 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyn1 View Post
"Jangchub" wrote in message
On Mon, 13 Apr 2009 17:05:48 +0000 (UTC), enigma

wrote:

Jangchub
wrote in
:

On Mon, 13 Apr 2009 13:22:27 GMT, "brooklyn1"
wrote:

[...]

Damn you have serious issues , possibly psychopathic where you from come witt dat anger and imagined superior intellligents oops coupla gramma/innglish mastakes. Encouraging suicide even in jest is an act lower than a foxs belly.
Old 20-04-2009, 06:44 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
kris anthem um wrote:

brooklyn1;838597 Wrote:
"Jangchub" wrote in message
...-
On Mon, 13 Apr 2009 17:05:48 +0000 (UTC), enigma

wrote:
-
Jangchub
wrote in
:
-
On Mon, 13 Apr 2009 13:22:27 GMT, "brooklyn1"
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Ah, Kris, so you've met our own Mr.Hyde and Mr.Hyde better know to us as
Shelly, a.k.a. Sheldon, a.k.a. brooklyn1, a.k.a. a sociopath.
He has multiple names, only the personality stays, relentingly, the same
(sick). He's our own little cross to bear and he will disparage any
feature or characteristic of you that he can. It seems to make him feel
better. Self esteem problems probably. He does seem to know a few things
about trees but you have to remember that he really doesn't seem to be
able to control himself, so just try to ignore him as most of us do.

Welcome to the group ;O)
--

- Billy

[IMG] code is On

Ground Ivy Creeping Charlie Anom Lawns 2 10-05-2004 03:05 AM
creeping charlie rosie readandpost Gardening 3 01-06-2003 02:08 PM
AD: Titchmarsh, Dimmock & Walsh Pete The Gardener United Kingdom 2 11-02-2003 07:29 AM