Old 11-04-2009, 10:45 AM
Registered User

Question A Wind Break or not?? He says NO, I say YES!!

Morning Chaps and Happy Easter to you all.

There is an open fence, well - not a fence really, thiese propertys are 5 years old and it's the Developers fence. Ya know, about a metre tall, consisting of posts with 3 bits of timber equally spaced between - a boundary marker really. ANYWAY!! I'm getting carried away now. Is this necessary do you think?? Or just a waste of time/money??

Ange
xx
Old 11-04-2009, 05:35 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default A Wind Break or not?? He says NO, I say YES!!

In article ,
AngeTheUnsure wrote:

Morning Chaps and Happy Easter to you all.

There is an open fence, well - not a fence really, thiese propertys are
5 years old and it's the Developers fence. Ya know, about a metre tall,
consisting of posts with 3 bits of timber equally spaced between - a
boundary marker really. ANYWAY!! I'm getting carried away now. Is
this necessary do you think?? Or just a waste of time/money??

Ange
xx

Wind breaks usually just happen. Generally, people in confined spaces
are against them. Boundary markers are good. Is what necessary? What is
a waste of money? I know there is a question lurking in there,
somewhere. Instead of answering all the possible questions that you are
alluding to, no matter how much fun that may be for some people to read,
perhaps you could re-phrase it and re-post.
--

- Billy

Old 12-04-2009, 12:50 AM posted to rec.gardens

AngeTheUnsure wrote:
Morning Chaps and Happy Easter to you all.

There is an open fence, well - not a fence really, thiese propertys
are 5 years old and it's the Developers fence. Ya know, about a
metre tall, consisting of posts with 3 bits of timber equally spaced
between - a boundary marker really. ANYWAY!! I'm getting carried
away now. Is this necessary do you think?? Or just a waste of
time/money??

Ange
xx

Without knowing the layout of your land, the direction of seasonal winds etc
it is impossible to say. This is not something where a vote is any use.

David

Old 17-04-2009, 03:59 PM
Registered User

NOT TO WORRY everyone! I've raised the question with neighbour - these aren't that small these gardens, by the way, so not reducing space really.

OK then TO PUT IT PLAINLY (so that everyone can understand...) When I said WINDBREAK, I meant only something as tall as the developers fence. 1mtr high.

**Generally, people in confined spaces
are against them. Boundary markers are good. Is what necessary?**

Is a WINDBREAK necessary, Billy[_7_].

**Instead of answering all the possible questions that you are
alluding to, no matter how much fun that may be for some people to read,
perhaps you could re-phrase it and re-post**

No need to answer any questions now Billy[_7_] - worked it out all by myself.

As for **how much fun that may be for some people to read** , sometimes it's GOOD to add a little fun... there's enough doom and gloom in the world without having to read tight***** questions/answers.

Sorry if I antagonised anyone...that wasn't the plan at all...

David Hare-Scott[_2_] - As I've said, and yes, you DON'T know the lay of the land - I've resolved the situation/problem myself thanks.

The windbreak, all 1m of it, appears to be working wonderfully....

AngeTheUnsure
Old 17-04-2009, 10:10 PM posted to rec.gardens

"AngeTheUnsure" wrote:

[...]

There's no such thing as a 1 meter windbreak, that's a hedge, a very low
hedge... not even enough to stop all that fercocktah wind breaking out your
ass! LOL

Old 19-04-2009, 07:32 PM
Registered User

Evening Brooklyn1.

Thanks so much for your valuable advice.

I realise now (too late!) that I've obviously posted in the wrong forum. I wanted help and advice - it seems a bit thin on the ground here!!

I'll just go and find another forum I think ..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyn1 View Post

Old 20-04-2009, 06:21 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
AngeTheUnsure wrote:

Evening Brooklyn1.

Thanks so much for your valuable advice.

I realise now (too late!) that I've obviously posted in the wrong
forum. I wanted help and advice - it seems a bit thin on the ground
here!!

I'll just go and find another forum I think ..........

Ah, Ange, you said, "No need to answer any questions now Billy worked it
out all by myself..."

Now the air is full of the smell of burning martyr. First you say you
do, and then you don't. Which is it? Your question was "fubared" in
details from the beginning. Fortified with the knowledge of hindsight,
restate your question.
--

- Billy