Old 01-05-2009, 05:24 PM posted to rec.gardens,misc.rural,misc.consumers.frugal-living

Default Dumb subject line changed to protect sensitivities

On May 1, 8:04*am, Mycosimian wrote:
On May 1, 7:14*am, Jangchub wrote: On Thu, 30 Apr 2009 14:45:20 +1000, "Rod Speed"

News flash, the illegals in Texas build almost 90 percent of homes,
roofs, pools, roads, fences, masonry, iron work, plasterers, painters,
window installation, warranty work, delivery, pick-up, and just about
any job involving a wood frame including the frame is done by illegal
and legal immigrants. *And they do it for slave wages in the heat, day
after day and never complain. *NEVER complain. *

I will search for the statistics, but I remember reading that the
number of illegal workers in the state of Texas far outnumbers the
number of unemployed legal workers. Many of those legal workers are
likely resistant to the idea of working their asses off for minimum
wage. Get rid of all the illegals and the veggies will not be picked,
the local economy will collapse.

Sauce is ready. A bit runny, but it will do.

Employment statistics - http://www.twc.state.tx.us/news/pres...1709epress.pdf
~790,000 unemployed in Tx.

Immigration statistics - http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/s...cs/illegal.pdf
This one says ~2 million immigrants in Tx in 1996 and growing fast.
Don't have time to find today's numbers, but they are higher.

I was over-the-top with my statement about the local economy
collapsing. So long as people are working we should be mostly ok.
However, the idea that we are going to deport millions of people is
simply ludicrous.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:05 PM posted to rec.gardens,misc.rural,misc.consumers.frugal-living

On May 1, 11:24*am, Mycosimian wrote:
[...]

Employment statistics -http://www.twc.state.tx.us/news/press/2009/041709epress.pdf
~790,000 unemployed in Tx.

Immigration statistics -www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/statistics/illegal.pdf
This one says ~2 million immigrants in Tx in 1996 and growing fast.
Don't have time to find today's numbers, but they are higher.

I was over-the-top with my statement about the local economy
collapsing. So long as people are working we should be mostly ok.
However, the idea that we are going to deport millions of people is
simply ludicrous.

I mis-read the numbers in the second document. Cali was 2 mil. and
Texas was 700k. That is still a lot more than the unemployment numbers
for that time.

"The INS (now dissolved into the Dept. of Homeland Security) estimated
in February 2003 that the resident illegal population in Texas was
1,041,000 as of January 2000. This number 341,000 higher than the INS'
1996 estimate." - http://www.fairus.org/site/PageServe...h_researchab4e
The INS estimate is also referenced at: http://www.cis.org/articles/2003/back1403.html
The original document was here, http://uscis.gov/graphics/shared/sta...eport_1211.pdf,
but no longer. I'll look more when I can.

Also remember that our unemployment rate recently doubled. Much of the
new jobs being lost are higher paying than what illegals are doing,
and a lot are either going to cheaper locations or disappearing
altogether. I don't believe that illegal immigration is the problem,
but merely one of the symptoms.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:37 PM posted to rec.gardens,misc.rural,misc.consumers.frugal-living

Default Dumb Illegal Workers At It Again? RAW ALFALFA SPROUTS LINKED TO SALMONELLA CONTAMINATION

Jangchub wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote
JoeSpareBedroom wrote
Jangchub wrote

As opposed to dumb legal workers like the thieves who
just left the Oval Office? The ones who forced us to need
illegal's because nobody will do those jobs? Oh yeah, them.

I'd like to kick GWB in the nuts just as much as you would, but he
and his sitters are not responsible for the unwillingness of
Americans to do certain types of work. I challenge anyone to find
100 typical teenagers who'd agree to bust their asses harvesting
broccoli for 8 hours at a time, even for the legal minimum wage.
Or, clean hotel bathrooms, wash pots & pans in a hot, crowded
restaurant kitchen, etc.

I washed pots at the Frog and the Peach restaruant on Long
Island and ran up and down to the walk in box for the chef's
requests for sometimes 10 hours a day, more on the weekend.

And **** all americans are prepared to do that sort of
work, particularly when they can get welfare instead.

We barely grow hand picked vegetables in America any more,

That is a pig ignorant lie.

we have factory farms for the most part with automated pickers.

That is a pig ignorant lie with vegetables.

Crops we get which are harvested by migrant workers are in Mexico, Chile, etc.

That is a pig ignorant lie.

American's are lazy, fat, and sloven.

What I said in different words.

Statistically and logically invalid response: "I did that kind
of work and it didn't kill me." That's one. I want 100.

I just said I did it. Everyone who worked in that kitchen was American.

Were they recent immigrants tho ?

We managed to harvest the crops during WW2 with over 2,000,000 in uniform.

Even someone as stupid as you should have
noticed that WW2 ended quite some time ago now.

I wasn't even a sperm cell during that time and I failed history
miserably. I live in the now. I will reference the past for
comparison, but "in uniform" tells me forced labor.

Those harvesting the crops during WW2 werent in uniform.

He's talking about the 2M in the military etc. The crops
were harvested even with all those 2M in uniform.

Get rid of the illegals and the crops will be picked.

News flash, the illegals in Texas build almost 90 percent of homes,
roofs, pools, roads, fences, masonry, iron work, plasterers, painters,
window installation, warranty work, delivery, pick-up, and just about
any job involving a wood frame including the frame is done by illegal
and legal immigrants. And they do it for slave wages in the heat, day
after day and never complain. NEVER complain.

We don't grow crops here the way you think we do.

Still do, using non americans to harvest them.

We grow a LOT of corn. Corn is in everything.

America grows a hell of a lot more than just corn.
http://www.ers.usda.gov/Publications...Oct/VGS329.pdf

Like hell they will. They'll rot and the food will be imported from mexico instead.

It's already imported from central and south America.

Most vegetables aint.
http://www.ers.usda.gov/Publications...Oct/VGS329.pdf

Peru, Chile...bananas...etc.

Farmers will pay more for labor

What are you quoting from?

Like hell they will. Because what is imported from mexico will be much cheaper.

Oh yeah, circle back around now.

No circling there.

Americana is fat, ungrateful, lazy and they want it cheap

What I said in different words.

and not be taxed. Well, that garbage picked up, roads, on and on
are paid by taxes. If you really want to bitch, find out how much
the football coach makes at any Texas highschool and tell me why.

Irrelevant to what is being discussed.

but the overall societal benefit will be tremendous.

Mindlessly silly. Even someone as stupid as you
wouldnt benefit from slaving in some field, ******.

Mindless? That's an interesting thing to call someone who is a full time volunteer.

It that claim thats mindeless, stupid.

It wouldnt even kill off ******s like you. No one would be stupid enough to pay you a cent.

They don't have to, I am wealthy and I do volunteer work.
Victoria

That comment wasnt about you.

Old 02-05-2009, 04:50 AM posted to rec.gardens,misc.rural,misc.consumers.frugal-living

"Jangchub" wrote in message

We barely grow hand
picked vegetables in America any more, we have factory farms for the
most part with automated pickers.

I just spotted this gem.

You might want to get in touch with one or two farm machinery manufacturers
and ask sales managers to name 10 crops they WISH could be harvested by
machines, because those sales managers' incomes would look mighty nice all
of a sudden if certain things could be picked by machines.

Old 02-05-2009, 05:22 AM posted to rec.gardens,misc.rural,misc.consumers.frugal-living

Default I love illegal immigrants, amnesty hurrah!

On May 1, 10:50*pm, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:
"Jangchub" wrote in message

We barely grow hand
picked vegetables in America any more, we have factory farms for the
most part with automated pickers.

I just spotted this gem.

You might want to get in touch with one or two farm machinery manufacturers
and ask sales managers to name 10 crops they WISH could be harvested by
machines, because those sales managers' incomes would look mighty nice all
of a sudden if certain things could be picked by machines.

You might want to use a search engine.

Chilis - http://www.boeseharvester.com/
Carrot, Beet, Parsnip, Turnip, Leek, Garlic, Onions, Potatoes,
Cabbage, more baseless claims on their website -
http://www.asa-lift.com/cms/en-gb/Products.aspx

Old 02-05-2009, 05:26 AM posted to rec.gardens,misc.rural,misc.consumers.frugal-living

wrote:
"Jangchub" wrote in message

We barely grow hand
picked vegetables in America any more, we have factory farms for the
most part with automated pickers.

I just spotted this gem.

You might want to get in touch with one or two farm machinery
manufacturers
and ask sales managers to name 10 crops they WISH could be harvested by
machines, because those sales managers' incomes would look mighty nice all
of a sudden if certain things could be picked by machines.

You might want to use a search engine.
==============

Why do you say that? You were trying to make a point. What was it?

Old 02-05-2009, 07:13 AM posted to rec.gardens,misc.rural,misc.consumers.frugal-living

In article
,

wrote:
"Jangchub" wrote in message

We barely grow hand
picked vegetables in America any more, we have factory farms for the
most part with automated pickers.

I just spotted this gem.

You might want to get in touch with one or two farm machinery manufacturers
and ask sales managers to name 10 crops they WISH could be harvested by
machines, because those sales managers' incomes would look mighty nice all
of a sudden if certain things could be picked by machines.

You might want to use a search engine.

Chilis - http://www.boeseharvester.com/

First they would have to make a pepper plant where all the peppers ripen
at the same time.

--

- Billy

Old 03-05-2009, 08:05 PM posted to rec.gardens,misc.rural,misc.consumers.frugal-living

In article ,
Jangchub wrote:

Oh well, I won't be buying a Dell ever again.
Without their annual award winning tech support, a Dell may as well be
a Toshiba.

Speaking of tech support
http://www.laughparty.com/funnypictu...-Support/1235/
--