Old 07-05-2009, 01:56 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default seedling photos?

Does anyone here know of a site that has photos of seedlings,
especially maple (including Japanese maple) seedlings? I am
increasingly obsessed with collecting and growing them.

In the course of searching, I did find this site, which, while not
that useful to me, others may find worthwhile:

http://theseedsite.co.uk/seedlings1a.html

--
Jean B.
Old 07-05-2009, 02:55 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
"Jean B." wrote:

Does anyone here know of a site that has photos of seedlings,
especially maple (including Japanese maple) seedlings? I am
increasingly obsessed with collecting and growing them.

In the course of searching, I did find this site, which, while not
that useful to me, others may find worthwhile:

http://theseedsite.co.uk/seedlings1a.html

Read

http://www.japanesemaples.com/maple_leaf/

Then look at

http://www.japanesemaples.com/catalog/index.php?id=2

Seedlings would just be a matter of scale. Note that there are
different forms of maples along with leaf types and size and and
and......

Bill a lover of Japanese maples.

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

Not all who wander are lost.
- J.R.R. Tolkien (1892-1973)

Old 07-05-2009, 03:23 PM posted to rec.gardens

Bill wrote:
In article ,
"Jean B." wrote:

Does anyone here know of a site that has photos of seedlings,
especially maple (including Japanese maple) seedlings? I am
increasingly obsessed with collecting and growing them.

In the course of searching, I did find this site, which, while not
that useful to me, others may find worthwhile:

http://theseedsite.co.uk/seedlings1a.html

Read

http://www.japanesemaples.com/maple_leaf/

Then look at

http://www.japanesemaples.com/catalog/index.php?id=2

Seedlings would just be a matter of scale. Note that there are
different forms of maples along with leaf types and size and and
and......

Bill a lover of Japanese maples.

Thanks. Ah yes. Now that I see your address, I do remember you.

I need to move. One of my BIG tearjerkers is the fact that I have
planted many J. maples here. I will take some little ones that
would, I think, just be destroyed, but... I mourn the
others--esp. the moonfire that is near my driveway. :-(

And I obviously need to have appropriate spaces to plant my little
babies in. These include some small ones I have kept in pots for
several years anticipating a move....

Back to seedlings... I do wish my maples produced them. Recently
I may have made a relevant discovery re garlic mustard and
seedlings though. That doesn't explain why the others have not
produced any though.

--
Jean B.
Old 08-05-2009, 06:48 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Jean B." wrote in message
Does anyone here know of a site that has photos of seedlings, especially
maple (including Japanese maple) seedlings? I am increasingly obsessed
with collecting and growing them.

In the course of searching, I did find this site, which, while not that
useful to me, others may find worthwhile:

http://theseedsite.co.uk/seedlings1a.html

--
Jean B.

I have 418 million maple seedlings in my lawn. Come and take as many as
you'd like. Please. I'm begging you.

Old 08-05-2009, 07:25 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

"Jean B." wrote in message
Does anyone here know of a site that has photos of seedlings, especially
maple (including Japanese maple) seedlings? I am increasingly obsessed
with collecting and growing them.

In the course of searching, I did find this site, which, while not that
useful to me, others may find worthwhile:

http://theseedsite.co.uk/seedlings1a.html

--
Jean B.

I have 418 million maple seedlings in my lawn. Come and take as many as
you'd like. Please. I'm begging you.

Have you noticed they are all different ? Sadly it takes a few years
to see what should be culled and which to be celebrated. Babies close
to mom usually do not prosper. Transplant sooner than latter. Fun our
Mom tree is about 50 years old.

Speaking of moms.
"
http://news.cnnbcvideo.com/index2.html?p=usat

Moms deserve more than kudos, of course. We deserve equal pay, access to
healthcare and family leave, and everything else it takes to raise a
family. And you know TrueMajority will keep working to make sure we get
it. But until the playing field is level, it's nice to say thanks and
have a laugh with your favorite mom.

- Darcy

Darcy Scott Martin
Mom and more
TrueMajority / USAction "

Bill..... above URL lets you place your Moms name in the short video.

Old 10-05-2009, 03:27 PM posted to rec.gardens

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Jean B." wrote in message
Does anyone here know of a site that has photos of seedlings, especially
maple (including Japanese maple) seedlings? I am increasingly obsessed
with collecting and growing them.

In the course of searching, I did find this site, which, while not that
useful to me, others may find worthwhile:

http://theseedsite.co.uk/seedlings1a.html

--
Jean B.

I have 418 million maple seedlings in my lawn. Come and take as many as
you'd like. Please. I'm begging you.

LOL! Where are you? Are they esoteric? (I doubt it.) That's
part of the problem, too--trying to tell whether some of the
seedlings are of interesting maples--or are from the more common
ones.

--
Jean B.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:42 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
"Jean B." wrote:

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Jean B." wrote in message
Does anyone here know of a site that has photos of seedlings, especially
maple (including Japanese maple) seedlings? I am increasingly obsessed
with collecting and growing them.

In the course of searching, I did find this site, which, while not that
useful to me, others may find worthwhile:

http://theseedsite.co.uk/seedlings1a.html

--
Jean B.

I have 418 million maple seedlings in my lawn. Come and take as many as
you'd like. Please. I'm begging you.

LOL! Where are you? Are they esoteric?

I think you meant exotic.
(I doubt it.) That's
part of the problem, too--trying to tell whether some of the
seedlings are of interesting maples--or are from the more common
ones.

--

- Billy